996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

LiLo wrecks her rented Porsche !

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:47 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How the hell do you run into the back of a dump truck on PCH (3 lanes where that occured) at 11:30 in the morning. Heading Northbound in the slow lane and there little if any traffic that time of day. Yea I'd like to see that tox screen too and I'm sure every rat jounalist in LA is trying bribe that lab's help....
Old 06-09-2012, 10:30 PM
San Rensho
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's sad that such a talented actress has drug problems, but why dwell on what Porsche she was driving? I just hope she wasn't at fault in the collision and hurt someone else.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:43 PM
machbx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
How the hell do you run into the back of a dump truck on PCH (3 lanes where that occured) at 11:30 in the morning. Heading Northbound in the slow lane and there little if any traffic that time of day. Yea I'd like to see that tox screen too and I'm sure every rat jounalist in LA is trying bribe that lab's help....
On the phone texting I'd wager
Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

She must have been distracted by that white line in the middle of the road.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Cash for Crash? Driver in Lindsay Lohan Collision Alleges Bribe Attempt

This will not end well ...

Cash for Crash? Driver in Lindsay Lohan Collision Alleges Bribe Attempt
Related: Hot Gossip, Lindsay Lohan, Saturday, June 9, 2012, 12:49pm (PDT)
By Kat Giantis

Ruh-roh. One day after Lindsay Lohan slammed her Porsche into the back of a dump truck, rumblings of shady doings have surfaced. TMZ talked to the truck driver, who claims he was offered money to keep his mouth shut and believes the starlet, 25, may have tried to leave the scene. According to the truck driver (only his first name -- James -- is given), Lohan's car was being followed by a Cadillac Escalade, which was apparently being driven by someone associated with her currently filming Lifetime movie, "Liz & Dick."

After the crash, the truck driver called 911 and allegedly watched as Lindsay and her male assistant climbed out of the totaled Porsche and into the Escalade. He also contends the assistant grabbed a pink bag and "filled it up with something," then stuffed clothes on top. The biopic's exec producer, Larry A. Thompson, confirms that LiLo and her assistant were supposed to be chauffeured to the set. "When [production] went to pick her up [on Friday], for some reason she decided they would get in her own car, so the limousine driver followed them," he explains to Deadline.

James tells TMZ that he didn't realize he'd collided with a celebrity and thought the other driver was about to flee the scene. He also says that when he tried to exchange information, the SUV driver attempted to keep him away from the vehicle before suggesting they "go to the bank." "Him and the assistant took me across the street and told me this was some kind of famous person and they didn't want to be in the media," he relates to TMZ. "But I'd already called 911 because they were trying to get away from the scene. But they packed a bag and then the limousine driver told me, 'Don't mention the bag to the cops.'"

He says the entire exchange, including the back-and-forth over the mysterious pink bag, is on the 911 recording. As for suggestions that the accident occurred because James' semi cut Lohan off, he "emphatically" denies that's the case, insisting he was already in the right lane when the wreck happened. He also maintains that he has several eyewitnesses who saw the actress "flying" down the highway. The Associated Press reports police are looking for witnesses to verify who was behind the wheel of the Porsche. Officials say neither Lindsay nor her assistant was impaired.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 PM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Geez - what are the chances that Lilo would wreck a rented Porsche. I'm guessing the company that rented it to her wrote it off their books the minute the keys walked out the door.

Count me as a fan though. She did some half decent work when she was younger - not Dakota Fanning / Meryl Streep quality acting or anything - but better than Kristen Stewart for example.

Whatev - like Kyle says - more important things are happening.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:28 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No mention of what happened to the truck driver...
Old 06-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Peter 642
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like this:

"Porsche couldn't have had a better round of publicity today than Lindsay Lohan's accident on Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica, Calif. Despite a lot of damage to the car, she not only walked away after a brief emergency-room exam, she went back to work on a movie set.

The car appears to be a 911 sports car, and it sustained heavy front-end damage, with most of it on the passenger's side, judging from photos of the accident.

In introducing the latest version of the 911 last year, Porsche said the 911 got its latest safety improvements. For instance, the latest version of the 911 comes with six airbags that protect both for head-on crashes or an offset crash, like the one in Lohan's case.

The body of the car is extensively made of high-strength and ultra-high-strength steel, Porsche sways.

"Particular attention was paid in designing and engineering the junctions of the A-pillars (the struts on either side of the windshield that support the roof) and the roof frame, as well as the safety structure involved in head-on and offset collisions," Porsche said. The car was designed to transfer those forces around the doors to the rear of the car, skipping the passenger compartment.

In addition, a crossbar at the front of the car is made from high-strength steel to make sure it doesn't intrude into the footwell area of the passenger compartment."

http://www.freep.com/article/2012060...yssey=nav|head

+1 for the safety of German engineering.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Zurichgnome
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I hate to see anyone getting ino a car accident, I am always interested to see how Porsches perform in these circumstances. Since the company refuses to release crash test data, this type of real world data is somewhat useful.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:47 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

It was apparently a new Carrera S. Here's another angle:

Name:  DYQab.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  114.3 KB
Old 06-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Zurichgnome
As much as I hate to see anyone getting ino a car accident, I am always interested to see how Porsches perform in these circumstances. Since the company refuses to release crash test data, this type of real world data is somewhat useful.
There's a simple thing to consider here. These cars are designed to be survivable in a crash at close to 200 mph. You can feel pretty safe in a 911.... that is unless you do something really dumb, then all bets are off.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
thirteeneast
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Id let her ram me!.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 PM
machbx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
There's a simple thing to consider here. These cars are designed to be survivable in a crash at close to 200 mph. You can feel pretty safe in a 911.... that is unless you do something really dumb, then all bets are off.
I believe what I read several times is that the laws of physics still apply ..
Old 06-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by machbx
I believe what I read several times is that the laws of physics still apply ..
Yes, they do, but the car is designed for people to walk away from high speed crashes.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM
machbx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Yes, they do, but the car is designed for people to walk away from high speed crashes.
I can definitely see that being needed

Quick Reply: LiLo wrecks her rented Porsche !