$1400 to replace waterpump!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
Two posts and the second is to insult. Off to a rollicking start I'd say. And I am not American, I merely live and practise here...legally I might add. People do not "cringe when well-to-do Americans walk into a room overseas". They cringe at Americans with the lack of breeding and absence of class such that they refer to others in terms of a vaginal cleansing apparatus.
Sir, you are not really endearing yourself to the community so I ask that you rethink your posts and the tone of them.

And to others, I ask that the name calling stop here and now so that no further action needs to be taken

My thanks to all.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Sir, you are not really endearing yourself to the community so I ask that you rethink your posts and the tone of them.
Sorry, didn't mean to take any kind of tone. I merely stated a fact, that my reluctance to do my own mechanic work is based on financial concerns. One "gentleman" took it upon himself to basically call me a liar. I merely responded with more details...which I would never have done if not for his childish callout. Then he and others chose to let their envy get the better of them. For that I am sorry. I will not apologise for being expert at my chosen profession or that I am paid handsomely for that expertise, the years of schooling and practise that led me to this point, or the staggering responsibility I shoulder 24/7.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:38 AM
zman2002 C4S
Advanced

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Sorry, didn't mean to take any kind of tone. I merely stated a fact, that my reluctance to do my own mechanic work is based on financial concerns. One "gentleman" took it upon himself to basically call me a liar. I merely responded with more details...which I would never have done if not for his childish callout. Then he and others chose to let their envy get the better of them. For that I am sorry. I will not apologise for being expert at my chosen profession or that I am paid handsomely for that expertise, the years of schooling and practise that led me to this point, or the staggering responsibility I shoulder 24/7.
This confirms my earlier diagnosis. 😄
Old 09-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Let's just let Palmbeacher enjoy his God Complex in private. Have a great weekend everyone. It is a top down day for me!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Maybe others do but, I don't care how much you make or what you do. I've asked you a simple question and your reply was anything but. This is a car forum, most here are gearherds and are not interested in what the other one does for a living. Also, I don't remember anyone asking if you are an expert in your profession or anything about your schooling for that matter. Seems to me, you've added this on your own as some sort of a back paddling technique. I only hope that you are nicer to your patience than you are to us.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:43 PM
MiamiC70
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

At $4600 for 30 minutes I don't think so, no wonder our health care system is screwed.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:56 PM
OGWGFIW
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the nurses that suffer the most. My wife has been on an open heart team for 20 years.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

If you're wheeled into the E.R. make certain to demand the doctor with the nicest, most humble attitude. Or just ask for a first-year resident, same thing. And a priest.

In due time all your complaints will be solved...according to the new healthcare law, at some point you'll be told that statistically you don't have enough QYOL (Quality Years Of Life) left to receive coverage for the medical procedure you need. So you can die happy knowing that your healthcare was much more affordable than it is today.

And perhaps you might even have saved enough to trade-up to a 997, which might cure some of the low self-esteem issues that seem rather rife on this forum.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:10 PM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 09-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

enough.

Quick Reply: $1400 to replace waterpump!?