996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 swap to LS3/7 Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Marc, would it be too much to ask if you could keep this thread but delete out all the useless posts that make this wonderful build up to 5 pages with 3 of them being totally useless to the topic on hand?

Everyone in favor?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

I'd agree to that.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
Marc, would it be too much to ask if you could keep this thread but delete out all the useless posts that make this wonderful build up to 5 pages with 3 of them being totally useless to the topic on hand?

Everyone in favor?
+1
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fierofly
And there WE have it. Marc, I'm not going to waste My time and effort on posting a quality build thread to HAVE IT CLOSED BY SOME A$$HOLE that thinks he can control this board with his own Bias Opnions,This is exactly what I was affraid of. Close ALL my Threads and Posts, I'm OUT of here. Freedom of Speech MY A$$. SORRY TO ALL that supported my efforts and I hope you understand my reasons.
WHAT, You just threated to close MY thread over what others are posting, How do I know YOU won't do the same 6mo from now after I put all the work into it. WHAT AM I NOT UNDERSTANDING?
And if MARC closes this thread in say 6mos because HE doesn't like our opinions. Then what, I've wasted all my time. I'm going to check out RennTech. Maybe their Moderaters are better Behaved.
Uh, OP, my read is Marc is actually trying to discourage the bickering so that you CAN get the thread back on track to what you intended it to be, IMHO the caution was meant for the "bickers" to smarten up, not directed at you.

As for the "bickers", why are you all pi$$ing on someone else's corn flakes? Would you like that if someone do the same to you? Probably not........

Please, let OP get on with an interesting journey with HIS car, using HIS money, on HIS time.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

All my posts directed toward the OP were done in a polite manner. I only asked about other options. Another chose to drag the thread into the gutter with the name calling. As I said previously, its his car, he can do what he wants.

Last edited by KrazyK; 02-06-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 AM
pewX3
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All it takes is one rotten apple to get the whole bushel thrown out...I'm sure most have noticed that as soon as a specific unnamed user starts posting in your thread, it's going to go to crap.

Would love to see the build, as this would be quite the kickass build.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After you get done putting the engine in I'd like to see the performance on a track. Couldn't find any video of a conversion car racing another car. Would be nice to see if the torque handling of engine to body and drive train in the conversion car are good. Bad charicteristics could even kill you so take care.

The 996 has a healthy oversteer and if cornering and the rear starts to break loose the last resort is letting off or braking. Kind of like pitching up to stall applying opposite rudder and aleron except.......well you'll find out you are a brand new test pilot getting into that situation What ever you do don't pop that foot up.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 AM
Cefalu
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, we have one poster contaminating this potentially awesome thread with useless drivel.

But let's let the show get on, because I am particularly eager to see the IMSB carnage.

Marc, feel free to delete this post along with the other useless drivel.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 AM
Redbarn
Rennlist Member

FF, I hope you can see past the tools and post your progress as I find this stuff very interesting.

Cheers
Rob
Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 AM
Fierofly
Instructor

People I'm very sorry to say, This thread is closed as far as I'm concerned. I'm NOT going to put my time and effort into this to have it closed or threatened to be closed by some moderator that feels HE needs to control how and WHAT we converse about,that's our job, if we don't like it, we tell him and then he has that right. I know there are rules, but I don't feel ANY of those were violated. I'm going to still document with plenty of pictures, maybe to post at a different site after I get more comfortable at that site in the future. To some thanks for YOUR support, to OTHERS, I was NOT offended and I always enjoy a good DEBATE, espesially when I'M right. GOOD LUCK, LOL
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Fierofly, we all hope you change your mind. Overall, RL is the best place for threads like this but there is another very good place if you decide to leave here (We all hope you dont). Actually in my sig you can see a build of a car I did there. Please go there and take a look. Please also come back and post a link or PM some of us. I for one, think it will be a killer build and I was serious about saying I would like to do this to one for a DD. Take care.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 AM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I certainly hope you stick around & follow through, would love to see the build....

- Cam
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM
I certainly hope you stick around & follow through, would love to see the build....

- Cam
+1
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM
halik
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There's another thread from a year or two back where some guy in saudi put a ls1 into a 996 turbo. Definitely an interesting thing to click though.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...onversion.html

If someone could make a cradle kit for the 996, this swap would be relatively painless.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:34 PM
silotwo
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh well. Was looking forward to following this but I guess personalities got in the way. Even though Marc obliged the OP by creating the IMSB poll he had originally asked for, and Marc was trying to keep this on track, seems like one way or another the OP will hold us hostage with the threat of being out of here. Not all communities are for all people, at least in this case there is no mortgage holding anyone back from moving out and moving on to a different community. Guess it wouldn't make sense to invest time in following this when the OP could pack up at any given moment. Plenty of other interesting and informative threads to follow.

Quick Reply: 996 swap to LS3/7 Build