Sponsored by:

I would need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 12:08 AM
hepw
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would need some advice

I had my soft top replaced in Oklahoma for my 2003 911 Carrera. It took them for ever to get it right. I discovered a few things that make me wonder and of course the place that was contracted by Porsche to do the soft top replacement is telling me they did it all right and did a wonderful job.
They broke a few things along the way but I just discovered that
1. I have water on the rear passenger side seat when it rains and I wonder if this is related with having the soft top replaced and
2. (see pictures attached) when I open the top using the door lock I see that there are two plastic pieces attached to the top frame with rivets that don't look right (one on each side).
Can anyone help? I was trying to find a soft top installation diagram that would show if the parts are installed correct but could not. Hans
Attached Images   

Last edited by hepw; 07-29-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Picture update
Old 07-29-2013, 11:47 AM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm not sure about the installation pictures, but I'll bet the water issue is due to clogged drains.

Water that runs off the soft top and the clamshell cover goes into channels at the rear of the soft top, and then flows down into drains near the rear wheels. These can get clogged with junk. Clean them out.

Search around for a DIY.

edit:
Here's one:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...or-cab-owners/

Quick Reply: I would need some advice