996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Performance Package on order

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 02:47 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Should have gone supercup's while you were at it...now that's LOUD...and some good weight saving
Old 08-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 443 Likes on 285 Posts

Should have gone supercup's while you were at it...now that's LOUD...and some good weight saving
This car is my daily driver, and I often meet clients, so I don't want "LOUD". No plans to track it, other than maybe an autocross or two... the mods are purely for my hedonistic enjoyment. The new system should, however shave some weight off of the OEM.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:31 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
I'm still toying with the idea of dynoing it before and after. But, that will add more time and I'm chomping at the bit to get back on the road!
If you do dyno before and after, that will make or break Fabspeed sales I'm speculating until this post dies down or goes away(could be well over a year).

There is a member that dyno'd his full Fabspeed setup on 6speed but that was only one data point. It would be nice to see another.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:42 AM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTOWN83
"...but will have to wait for another round of Mastercard bills to add in". AND, get my wife to approve another round. That can be a daunting task.
I Just Got An Email Yesterday from Them Offering A 20% Discount on All of Their Set-Ups even The ECU Tuned Ones! Did You Get This Discount! jw!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Nope, no email from them. Can you forward it to me? My email is in my user profile.

Much appreciated!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Alpine003:

If you do dyno before and after, that will make or break Fabspeed sales I'm speculating until this post dies down or goes away (could be well over a year).
Yo, anyone from Fabspeed monitoring this thread??? How about some free overnight shipping, at least (due to the long wait for the part). If I dyno it before and after, and see significant increase in HP, this should be great for your business. Can you imagine any better advertising???

[if dyno results are poor, well, that stinks for all of us].

Let me check around for a local shop that can dyno before and after the Fabspeed install....
Old 08-15-2013, 05:28 AM
carcster88
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Fabspeed intake and some generic bypass pipes...I still have Fabspeed exhaust tips. I think they make some good stuff. I have not noticed any increase or decrease with anything. The intake was a nice little sound difference but with the bypass pipes....I no longer can hear the intake. LOL.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Yo, anyone from Fabspeed monitoring this thread??? How about some free overnight shipping, at least (due to the long wait for the part). If I dyno it before and after, and see significant increase in HP, this should be great for your business. Can you imagine any better advertising???

[if dyno results are poor, well, that stinks for all of us].

Let me check around for a local shop that can dyno before and after the Fabspeed install....
I believe we did overnight the parts.

If you want to have some really good before & after data that we can compare with each other, I suggest taking the car to a place with a Dynojet as well as the DLM (datalogger). This is imperative as it allows us to see if the dyno test was performed properly or if there are issues with the car.

Once the dyno's are complete, you can send me the actual run files and I can create comparison graphs and also look at important data, such as ECT (engine coolant temp), IAT (intake air temp) ignition advance (timing). These all play a huge factor in how much power is put down.

Here is a list of dynojet automotive dyno centers in California:

http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/....aspx?state=CA

Looking forward to a 3rd party independent before & after, as I believe you will be pleased with the results.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by carcster88
I got the Fabspeed intake and some generic bypass pipes...I still have Fabspeed exhaust tips. I think they make some good stuff. I have not noticed any increase or decrease with anything. The intake was a nice little sound difference but with the bypass pipes....I no longer can hear the intake. LOL.

catbypass pipes actually lose power unless you have a highly modified engine (higher CR, different cams, ect). So, you may have gained a little with the intake, loss some with the catbypass, and are now around stock. Sounds a lot better though.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Thanks! I see there's a shop on your list that is local. I'll give them a call. I spent a good part of yesterday trying to hunt down a local place that had a chassis dyno, came up with nothing.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:21 AM
carcster88
Racer

[QUOTE=Chris@Fabspeed;10689980]catbypass pipes actually lose power unless you have a highly modified engine (higher CR, different cams, ect). So, you may have gained a little with the intake, loss some with the catbypass, and are now around stock. Sounds a lot better though.[/QUOTE

I do not have cat bypass pipes, just exhaust bypass pipes OEM cats are still in the car.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

OK, the Fabspeed parts arrived (see list in original post at top of thread)!

The dyno shop here could not fit me in, crap. The only other local guy I could find only had an engine dyno, no chassis dyno. And I've been without my car for two weeks now, so I guess there will be no "before" dyno. Damn. Oh well, I can still get the "after" dyno done.

Porsche claims the car has 320 HP stock. I wonder how accurate that figure is? Certainly, plenty of people must have dyno'd stock 996 3.6L engines! If you have stock dyno data, please post here.

Here's the parts (see below). As anticipated, they appear to be very high quality.
Attached Images       

Last edited by Cuda911; 08-18-2013 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-18-2013, 01:49 AM
carcster88
Racer

Awesome!!!

Cuda911, if you would not mind.....please IM me some pics of that 1970 Cuda....that is one of my dream cars.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 AM
tokyopav
Banned

No doubt it will look awesome speeding away :-)
Old 08-18-2013, 04:46 PM
2thdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parts look really nice!
I'm thinking of an exhaust as my first mod so I'm looking forward to hearing yours.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Performance Package on order