Sponsored by:

CGT Style Headlight Bi-Xenon Projectors - Retrofit kit for 996 & 986

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 04:58 AM
Nine8Six
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paulcerri
Is there anyone in Melbourne Australia who can install the retro kit?
Paul, sent you a PM with the contact of a guy who is seems pretty switched on. Based in Melbourne
Old 10-04-2014, 12:30 AM
espanolie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm impressed on the fit and finish - appears good quality. are these available for 993?
Old 10-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Nine8Six
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by espanolie
i'm impressed on the fit and finish - appears good quality. are these available for 993?
Apologies for the slow response Espanolie, and thanks for the note

The kit's mounting adapter was designed to facilitate the installation into the 996s style headlights. However I'm sure there are ways to adapt that same kit onto the 993 with little modifications to the headlight.

I am attaching the dimensions of the Vivo series below (without the 996 specific adpter kit). Step 1 would be to remove one of your 993 headlight and see if you have enough clearance for the projector. If so then I am happy to work with you and design an adapter kit specific for the 993 anytime.

For info the Luminoso and Turismo series shares very similar dimensions.

Let me know if I can be from any help

Fred

Old 10-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Nine8Six
Rennlist Member

Not entirely sure if you can see the full page/dimensions.... auto-resize doesn't seem to work on my PC here

Just in case here goes a better view

Old 10-05-2014, 02:17 AM
timekeeper
2nd Gear

Hi, I restore Porsche cars and very interested in one of your kit for our 996. I found www.gtprojectors.com is this the site I need to buy them from?

Also I read somewhere that you can customize your projector, do you have more details on that?
Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Nine8Six
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by timekeeper
Hi, I restore Porsche cars and very interested in one of your kit for our 996. I found www.gtprojectors.com is this the site I need to buy them from?

Also I read somewhere that you can customize your projector, do you have more details on that?
Hey TK

Thanks! Items that you can quickly customize are:
  1. Shroud color (e.g. depending whether you paint the interior of headlight black then this needs to match. If left OEM chrome then clear anodized (silver) is the way to go.)
  2. Bezel anodized color.
  3. Angel eyes -or- not (I can do those without angel eyes... equally stunning)
  4. Angel eyes LED color (although white being the most popular, amber is earning second place on that list recently)
  5. Xenon temp/color (4,300k being the ones that cuts rain and snow best, 6,000k being the fanciest one imo)
Above are the standard 'online' custom ready-to-buy options. Of course there are other custom services that I offer but those are evaluated and quoted onto a case-by-case basis mate (offline, PM me). I can design adapters for any types of headlights and/or modify the existing designs to match buyer's taste. However I do charge extra for these services :/

Example below:

Fellow 996 owner based in Bangkok, Steve, wanted "DRL style" angel eyes (e.g. max output, super bright) and wanted the bezel to match a theme that he hand-draw, scanned and sent me in a JPG format. Below came out for him in the Vivo series style optic. I charged him +100$ for the extra work.... unfortunately CNC machines work coordinates changes, needs additional CAM programming (gcode) and of course 3d model also need to be reworked a tad. Not exactly the cheapest kit but well justified and fair (I think!).

Let me know if you have any questions or specific requirements, I'm happy to work those out with you

ps; yea that site addy is correct. Although still in construction you can certainly give it a go anytime (PayPal ready)
Old 10-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Nine8Six
Rennlist Member

Below was the AE pattern we came out with for Steve. Although very nice those are 'extremely bright'. Not my thing but some may like it I personally prefer the dotted pattern... unique, softer, doesn't flood the headlight with LED light etc... all depending on taste really

So back to your question: yes, fully customizable!

ps. Steve is cool with me posting this no worries. Visuals are already online on other forums both here in SH and BK. We've beaten up this AE thing a lot already lol

Amber color angel eyes (now this looks sort of okay lol):

Old 10-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Meares
Racer

any pics on a Mk.2 996?
Old 10-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Nine8Six
Rennlist Member

I don't atm but should have those coming out this coming winter when I'm done prototyping on the mk2 style headlight. Litronic first however (few waiting for those already). I'll try doing both at the same time. In fact you aren't the first to ask so I'll gear up on that promise
Old 10-05-2014, 11:26 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great upgrade.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:46 PM
KoB
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Great upgrade.
+1 ... I'm the first to admit that I don't know a hell of a lot about cutoff patterns or lumen output, but I see a lot better at night with the nine8six/Particlewave conversion than I ever did with the stock halogens. Seems like there's a small-but-noticeable difference in the low beams and a big-and-really-noticeable improvement in the high beams. Nice look, also.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:23 PM
particlewave
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Every time that I get my headlights how I think I want them, you go and post something that I must have!

Name:  5BF1784C-890B-4C7C-8A19-CE6F0B239773.jpg
Views: 2558
Size:  34.1 KB
Old 10-06-2014, 03:35 PM
jamren
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you an email Charles. Not sure if you have been checking lately....

Originally Posted by particlewave
Every time that I get my headlights how I think I want them, you go and post something that I must have!

Old 10-07-2014, 01:12 AM
Nine8Six
Rennlist Member

Pic stolen from another thread... let's just hope the owner (Tommy) doesn't find out I try hard to not use others' car pictures but this one, I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist. Bad bad bad me!

Happy autumn everyone!

Old 10-23-2014, 08:17 AM
timekeeper
2nd Gear

[QUOTE=Nine8Six;11698726]Hey TK

Thanks for your reply. I gotta pull the trigger on the Luminoso in gun metal I think One more question do you include installation instructions with the kit?

Quick Reply: CGT Style Headlight Bi-Xenon Projectors - Retrofit kit for 996 & 986