Sponsored by:

40th Jahre pricing #404

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 04:42 AM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ctd/4276611000.html
This '99 looks like the top car for me in this thread. I think I'd rather have the diff than +20 hp but I always hear to buy the newest you can afford for all the improvements.

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses! Much appreciated...
Old 02-04-2014, 09:39 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

That car was delivered with the m030 suspension and the LSD by the option code sticker. Looks a bit lower than the US m030 though; I would ask if it has lowering springs or something. m030 included different springs, dampers, and swaybars.

I think the price is pretty high for a '99, but it is VERY well optioned (even heated sport seats), low miles, and comes with nice wheels. I think you might be able to get him down to $23k or so but it looks like what you want and I for one wouldn't feel like I was ripped off at the asking price.

You might have to do something with the casette deck though! The 4-spoke steering wheel is kind of a bummer too but that's replaceable too.

Also in regards to the TT; I'm honestly not sure if LSD is available or not. I'm a RWD guy so I never learned as much about those.

I think the 3.6L MKII motor is regarded as more reliable, but there sure are plenty of healthy 3.4's out there so I wouldn't sweat it too much. I think there is even a dual row IMS bearing conversion now...just go check out the LN Engineering site I guess.

Quick Reply: 40th Jahre pricing #404