Sponsored by:

Car seat recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:49 PM
calebbmcdonald
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car seat recommendations

Hi everybody. I was looking for some advice on a car seat for the back of the 911 cabriolet. We tried to put the current one back there for the first time yesterday and it was too wide to fit in the seat back there. This would be for a two year old by the way. If anybody is using a car seat that works in the back of a 911 cab please let me know what brand and model it is. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-14-2014, 02:02 PM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

in case you missed the thread below when you did your SEARCH

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...names-etc.html
Old 12-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There isn't a lot of space back there for a car seat, unless you remove the backrest. I use boosters. Coscos are narrow and fit perfectly.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:02 PM
RJHerrmann
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use two Recaro high back Vivo's (boosters), in carbon (I have a black interior). I do not believe Recaro makes them anymore. They seem to work well, but not exactly a 100% flawless fit. My children are, however, safe. I also found it was much easier to get them back there with the use of seat belt buckle extenders. Otherwise it was a nightmare trying to get the seatbelt buckled.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't have kids......my backseats are for beer and food. That is my contribution to a current long standing 5 year old thread with a lot of good info so why start a new one? Even KK posted on it and had a great welcome wagon response.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:23 PM
WalterRohrl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJHerrmann
I use two Recaro high back Vivo's (boosters), in carbon (I have a black interior). I do not believe Recaro makes them anymore. They seem to work well, but not exactly a 100% flawless fit. My children are, however, safe. I also found it was much easier to get them back there with the use of seat belt buckle extenders. Otherwise it was a nightmare trying to get the seatbelt buckled.
I use the same seat for mine, no trouble with the belt here once you get the correct contortion down pat :-) ...I can actually reach back from the driver's seat and do the final latching if he hands the belt to me. Mine's not a cabrio though, not sure if the fit or the car's backrest rake is different.

Some seats fit better if you take the bottom seat cushion out of the car, it is just velcro'd in place.

Not sure if the OP is talking about a full harness seat like a Britax or a Booster. The Recaro Vivo is a booster but MUCH more supportive of the kid than the Graco Turboboosters we have in the other cars - to the point that we felt fine with the little guy in the 911 in the Recaro but kept him in Britax Marathon's in the other cars.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Meares
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to the dealer and get a Porsche seat...like I did... perfect

Quick Reply: Car seat recommendations