Sponsored by:

my first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Joeydeluxed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first Porsche

Photos of my first Porsche. Its a 2000 996 with only 14,800 original miles. I just bought it from the original owner and it even has the original tires (which I'll replace immediately) I count 22 options on the code sticker!
Attached Images        
Old 03-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Jack's Happy
Advanced

Default first 996

Sweet!
Old 03-15-2015, 05:32 PM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well bought. While you are dealing with the tires, if the motor and transmission mounts have never been changed, now would be a great time to do it. OEM stock is just fine...they will just tighten things up and quiet them down. And if those wheels are 17" rims, stay with them...they will offer better protection from potholes and bad roads in general. They are also all the wheel and tire you need for real world driving. If you can't resist the 18" urge then keep the 17s and put your winter tires on them. The 17s will also take chains better than the larger wheels.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:38 PM
number9ine
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Those are 18s. He could find a good set of 17s and put snows on those if it's going to be a year-rounder.

Beautiful car!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:03 PM
JD ARTHUR
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice find. Its a beauty. I bought my 2000 coupe a few months ago and it had 18000 miles on it, I can't imagine there was someone else who even drove less than the guy who I got mine from. Is yours a manual or a TIP? Whats your plans with it? I doubt you need to replace the motor mounts at 14000 miles, John is so happy about his new mounts that he recommendS new mounts to everyone. Isee that you are in New Jersey, was the car from there? It probably wasn't ever driven in the winters is my guess. Have fun.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:21 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Nice car. Now go enjoy it and put some miles on it.
No doubt you will soon get "the recommendation": change the IMSB, and WYAIT, the RMS, AOS, clutch, plugs, coils, hoses, belts, etc. $5,000 ought to cover most of it.
Or you could just drive it and enjoy it and save your money to repair stuff when it breaks instead of overhauling it in advance.
I would change those pumpkin side markers to clear ones though. Super easy and cheap to do.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Agent Jester
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

It took you guys 5 comments to mention the pumpkins. You're slipping! Glad you ended up with the car, I was reading your other thread where you mentioned you were second in line and seemed very excited. Care to share the final purchase price? I just purchased a 2000 with similar options and 49K on it for 20k last August and am interested in what the market is for the lower mileage example. Wheels look great, just bought a set for $911 with tires to replace the twists.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:39 PM
Joeydeluxed
Intermediate

Default My first Porsche

It's a manual. Just bought the car this morning in central New Jersey.
Lasted one day on Craigslist! The seller said there were 7 other requests to see it! I feel very fortunate to have seen the ad and emailed the owner right away. Fully optioned with 22 option codes on the sticker including full leather, walnut trim, heated seats, electric seats with memory, etc. The owner had it serviced by his local Porsche dealer and he has most of the records. Missing one of the keys although the seller is still searching for it. I'll get it insured and registered this week. First service is to replace the original tires!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:43 PM
maui
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joeydeluxed
It's a manual. Just bought the car this morning in central New Jersey. Lasted one day on Craigslist! The seller said there were 7 other requests to see it! I feel very fortunate to have seen the ad and emailed the owner right away. Fully optioned with 22 option codes on the sticker including full leather, walnut trim, heated seats, electric seats with memory, etc. The owner had it serviced by his local Porsche dealer and he has most of the records. Missing one of the keys although the seller is still searching for it. I'll get it insured and registered this week. First service is to replace the original tires!
Nice ! Enjoy ! See you around the shore this summer
Old 03-15-2015, 08:02 PM
eastcoastcab996
Advanced

you guys finding these low milage 996's are killing me... I just bought a 99 cab for 20k with 85k miles..
Joeydeluxed.. 14k miles.. with OG tires... are you kidding --

JD ARTHUR finds one last year with 18k miles..

heres some pic's of my 99'

I am the 4th owner...
Old 03-15-2015, 08:10 PM
C4911
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking good...incredibly low mileage...drive, drive, drive!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Joeydeluxed
Intermediate

Thanks everyone! I'll get it on the road in the next day or so and will begin putting some miles on it
Old 03-15-2015, 09:41 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Joey,

Just a word of caution, the bare trees in the background suggests you are probably in an area that is still a bit cold temperature-wise, just watch out when getting on the gas since the back end can get away from you even with a new set of tires, and I can't tell if your car has the PSM (Porsche Stupidity Management ) option.

Just don't go crazy with a new car you are not familiar with yet.

As well, I would get the front end Clear Bra'ed if the paint is in good enough condition, OEM paint is the best in terms of adhesion to the surface underneath.

Quick Reply: my first Porsche