Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 09:27 PM
hollywood1053
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RAC Performance in Carrolton TX

Hi all
Long time looker, first time poster.
I'm in the market for my first 911 and have found one at RAC that has interested me.
Does anyone have any objective experience dealing with these guys?
There are a couple of scathing reviews of them on Yelp, which has me gun shy.
There are some really good ones also - hence the request of anyone here who has worked with them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:12 AM
88911coupe
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't speak from personal experience, but anecdotally I've heard very good things about them on a number of occasions.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:32 AM
rechtien
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Bought my car from RAC in 2012. They were up front and honest about the car. Sent me a packet of receipts to review along with a copy of their inspection if the car. They delivered it to the PPI I had arranged at Park Place Porsche to have a PPI that turned out to be not as complete as RAC info. Then they arranged to have the car shipped to me in San Antonio. In all I never saw or drove the car until it showed up in my driveway and it was exactly as advertised. Overall, good experience with them.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:34 AM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hollywood1053
Hi all
Long time looker, first time poster.
I'm in the market for my first 911 and have found one at RAC that has interested me.
Does anyone have any objective experience dealing with these guys?
There are a couple of scathing reviews of them on Yelp, which has me gun shy.
There are some really good ones also - hence the request of anyone here who has worked with them.

Thanks in advance.
Pics?
Old 11-01-2015, 01:57 AM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdjones2010
Pics?
I just checked out their inventory & to Me it looks like they're REALLY Proud of their Cars! Seemed like there was A Lot of Over Priced ones to Me. jmo
Old 11-01-2015, 07:22 PM
rwiii
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a regular and give them a full endorsement. They aren't cheap but I believe as honest as the day is long. I have dropped the car off when the top wouldn't go up/down and they called me back to come get it because the trunk wasn't completely closed (preventing the motor from engaging), fixed an electric motor I thought was shot by replacing the fuse and one other issue at no charge. I have hung out there a lot while a repair was completed speaking to one of the owners/service advisor, Hans. He told me they avoid auction cars. The ones they get they check over thoroughly and send more back than keep.
The only downside on their cars is seeing their cabs for sale parked out front, top down, in the sun. Makes me cringe.
They are the only ones to repair my 996 in my six or seven years of ownership taking it from 60k to 105k miles.
To answer your question, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car from them.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Sax Maniac
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RAC is where I bring my 40AE for service. Prior to starting RAC Hans was the lead tech at BoardWalk Porsche and he is pretty well known in the area. My car is my first Porsche, but I used to hang out with a bunch of Porsche guys (yeah, yeah, I was a groupie...leave me alone) and they all love RAC.

I haven't bought a car from them (yet? last time I was in there was a red 996TT being checked for purchase) but from what I've seen I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. Meticulous with cars and they know their stuff.

Quick Reply: RAC Performance in Carrolton TX