Sponsored by:

Car not seeing any remote key on the PIWIS

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 02:38 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Car not seeing any remote key on the PIWIS

So my new key came in from https://keysinthepost.com/ which work great for opening the door.
I also got in my new keyhead with the remote numbers to program it to the car

After my indy tech programmed the key to the car we found an issue. The remote lock/unlock feature does not work.

So now I have two keys that can start and unlock my car manually (the little pill inside is synced with my VIN), the car is not seeing a wireless remote signal. The car was hooked up to the PIWIS and it should see a number flash up when any porsche key is pressed in range. My car sees nothing.
He removed my drivers seat and checked the computer for corrosion but there was no sign of water intrusion.

any thoughts? something with the antenna?
Old 11-11-2015, 03:11 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Have you checked the battery in the remote key fob(s)?
Old 11-11-2015, 03:18 PM
swede man
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by judd944
So my new key came in from https://keysinthepost.com/ which work great for opening the door.
I also got in my new keyhead with the remote numbers to program it to the car

After my indy tech programmed the key to the car we found an issue. The remote lock/unlock feature does not work.

So now I have two keys that can start and unlock my car manually (the little pill inside is synced with my VIN), the car is not seeing a wireless remote signal. The car was hooked up to the PIWIS and it should see a number flash up when any porsche key is pressed in range. My car sees nothing.
He removed my drivers seat and checked the computer for corrosion but there was no sign of water intrusion.

any thoughts? something with the antenna?
Just double check that the new key head you got works on the same frequency than your original, some country's use different frequency's.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:22 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

the light flashes on both keyheads and one is new. (the old one has not worked since I got the car a few weeks back. )
Old 11-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I kind of don't 100% trust an INDY in comparison to the Porsche Garages. Your INDY is probably a great guy when it comes to the heavy stuff but your problem may just need a true Porsche garage and their equipment to sort the problem out for you. I would advice you to get it into a Porsche Garage asap.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:47 AM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
I kind of don't 100% trust an INDY in comparison to the Porsche Garages. Your INDY is probably a great guy when it comes to the heavy stuff but your problem may just need a true Porsche garage and their equipment to sort the problem out for you. I would advice you to get it into a Porsche Garage asap.
He started his career at the Miami Porsche dealer in 2000 and he was the Porsche of Lexington master tech from while the dealer was open. He is very qualified.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:56 AM
sjg1138
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I had to teach my Porsche dealer about the "Delivery mode" that my car was mistakenly in. I sat next to them as they used the Dealer PIWIS. The menu system was awful and finding the right place to change the mode of my car was not easy. I was able to find it but if I had not been there, the Porsche mechanic would have never been able to do it.

Quick Reply: Car not seeing any remote key on the PIWIS