Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Fantastic. Time for a Pano article.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,234 Likes on 754 Posts

Rob, every SINGLE time I had a vibration in the car that was harmonic, like what you describe, it was tires...........

put new one on and Voila!!!!!!!! prolem goes away. And my tires last me a good long time........ as I tweaked the rear camber back to zero and for my driving the car handles fine and I get north of 25,000 out of a set of rear tires. Before I tweaked the camber, I was lucky to get half that.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:12 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,466 Likes on 2,724 Posts

just drive at 69 or 81mph

i'd wait till you need tires and get alignment
Old 06-09-2016, 08:28 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Riad
I really can't see replacing something that isn't broken. Especially something like a water pump. It dies, you pull over and have it towed to your favorite shop and get it replaced.

And I certainly wouldn't equate spending money on parts that aren't broken to normal wear and tear items that get replaced due to driving the car. These cars are so incredibly fun to drive it absolutely ruins you for driving any other car (with the obvious exception of the exotic).

I do agree that owning since it was new is a huge benefit. I know that car inside and out perfectly. When it's not 100% I can just feel it.

Like right now there is a slight shake in the steering wheel when I hit 70mph and continues until about mid 80's... I've brought the car into my indy mechanic and two Porsche dealerships and none of them can find any issue with the wheels/tires/suspension/mounts etc. But I know there's a problem there so I need to find a suspension place because even though it's slight it shouldn't be doing that.
Hookers and blow should take away that shimmy problem Riad!
Old 06-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Maineiac
Fantastic. Time for a Pano article.
At 250k I will approach them.

Originally Posted by Gretch
Rob, every SINGLE time I had a vibration in the car that was harmonic, like what you describe, it was tires...........

put new one on and Voila!!!!!!!! prolem goes away. And my tires last me a good long time........ as I tweaked the rear camber back to zero and for my driving the car handles fine and I get north of 25,000 out of a set of rear tires. Before I tweaked the camber, I was lucky to get half that.
I think these are relatively new tires, and it was happening with my winter wheels and tires too... strange. I just had all the wheels balanced, but my guess is that you're right. As soon as I need to change the rears I'll change all 4.

Originally Posted by groovzilla
just drive at 69 or 81mph

i'd wait till you need tires and get alignment
I usually just hit 100 or 110 and it's rock solid

Originally Posted by Barn996
Hookers and blow should take away that shimmy problem Riad!
Usually just adds to the shimmy problem!!

Quick Reply: 200,000 miles