996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Help! Car running horribly after gas fill up

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 02:16 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

I made a jumper with a switch inline. Plug it into the fuel pump relay socket and I can control the flow using the switch. Super handy.

Post #844 here.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/853609-blown-engine-57.html#post13908435
Old 03-01-2017, 10:01 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Sounds like bad gas to me. When the tanker fills the underground tanks, it kicks up all the residue and debris in the tank. The small stuff can get by the filters and end up in your tank. It'll run itself out by the end of the tank.

It's happened to me a couple times, including once at the track that ended my weekend. I take it for a long hard drive and fill up again at about half a tank and it seems to cue things.

-td (ymmv)
Old 03-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Millemiglia
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by himself
Sounds like bad gas to me. When the tanker fills the underground tanks, it kicks up all the residue and debris in the tank. The small stuff can get by the filters and end up in your tank. It'll run itself out by the end of the tank.

It's happened to me a couple times, including once at the track that ended my weekend. I take it for a long hard drive and fill up again at about half a tank and it seems to cue things.

-td (ymmv)
+1 on bad gas.

My car was running on fumes so I had to fill up on a on an unmanned petrol station in the middle of nowhere.
After that the car was really unresponsive and sluggish.
All that disappeared after the next fill up of Shell V-Power...

Quick Reply: Help! Car running horribly after gas fill up