Old 04-30-2017, 04:51 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lock passenger door manually

Hey guys

02 C2

both my my keys fobs have given up the ghost - no remote locking

i am ok with manual locking but when I turn the key to lock from outside only the driver door locks

if I am inside the car and press the lock switch both doors lock

no beeps / no codes

im sure there's a way to program the car to lock and unlock both doors when I manually lock with the key

can someone point me in the right direction?
The following users liked this post:
igrip (08-23-2023)
Old 04-30-2017, 06:36 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 329 Posts

Both doors should lock and unlock with the key. Someone else here had a similar problem recently but I don't know the outcome. I'll see if I can find the thread but in the meantime try searching for it.

Edit - The thread I was talking about doesn't provide a resolution. Curiously, it was also an '02.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:38 AM
gnochi
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the driver door open, press the lock button in the console, then get out and close the door. (Works on my '03; I'd be surprised if it didn't work on an '02.)
Old 05-01-2017, 10:15 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wyovino
Both doors should lock and unlock with the key. Someone else here had a similar problem recently but I don't know the outcome. I'll see if I can find the thread but in the meantime try searching for it.

Edit - The thread I was talking about doesn't provide a resolution. Curiously, it was also an '02.
Should is the operative word haha

Originally Posted by gnochi
With the driver door open, press the lock button in the console, then get out and close the door. (Works on my '03; I'd be surprised if it didn't work on an '02.)
I tried this prior to posting and confirm that it doesn't work on my car
Old 05-05-2017, 05:42 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by htny
Hey guys

02 C2

both my my keys fobs have given up the ghost - no remote locking

i am ok with manual locking but when I turn the key to lock from outside only the driver door locks

if I am inside the car and press the lock switch both doors lock

no beeps / no codes

im sure there's a way to program the car to lock and unlock both doors when I manually lock with the key

can someone point me in the right direction?

Take a look at the link below, it may help you troubleshoot. If you need more details, please post a Comment just below the article and someone will get back to you with specifics!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...nd_Handles.htm
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-05-2017, 07:09 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Problem is that without any codes being thrown it is hard to know what is going on... OP if you turn the key in the driver's door twice are you able to lock the passenger door? I assume you've replaced the keyfob batteries? Many auto parts stores have a tester for the remote keyfob. It is quite simple-minded: it just detects common frequencies and flashes an LED at you.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:25 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for this - posted a question

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Take a look at the link below, it may help you troubleshoot. If you need more details, please post a Comment just below the article and someone will get back to you with specifics!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...nd_Handles.htm

Turning the key twice doesn't work either - thank you. Yes new batteries tested - keys are now just totally dead regardless. you're thinking it's just the LED?

Originally Posted by bal
Problem is that without any codes being thrown it is hard to know what is going on... OP if you turn the key in the driver's door twice are you able to lock the passenger door? I assume you've replaced the keyfob batteries? Many auto parts stores have a tester for the remote keyfob. It is quite simple-minded: it just detects common frequencies and flashes an LED at you.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:47 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by htny
Thanks for this - posted a question

Turning the key twice doesn't work either - thank you. Yes new batteries tested - keys are now just totally dead regardless. you're thinking it's just the LED?
No - the tester at the auto parts store (O'Reilly, etc.) has flashes an LED at you when it detects radio signals at typical car key fob frequencies.

Are there no codes being generated by the alarm module?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:01 PM
MadIrish
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Does your central locking button actually function? I just looked at a car in March that had similar problems...the symptoms seemed to added up to an immobilizer issue in my mind or some other electrical gremlins.

Remote didn't work. Turning key in driver lock didn't lock the passenger side. 2 turns in the lock did not result in the beeps indicating internal alarm off. entry lights did not come on when doors opened. central locking button did not function. Could not raise or lower the cab roof by holding key in lock/unlock position
Old 05-11-2017, 09:08 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MadIrish
Does your central locking button actually function? I just looked at a car in March that had similar problems...the symptoms seemed to added up to an immobilizer issue in my mind or some other electrical gremlins.

Remote didn't work. Turning key in driver lock didn't lock the passenger side. 2 turns in the lock did not result in the beeps indicating internal alarm off. entry lights did not come on when doors opened. central locking button did not function. Could not raise or lower the cab roof by holding key in lock/unlock position
Similar issues to what I'm experiencing on my car. All used to work. Now central locking works sporadically when one of the lids is open. Troubleshooting is pointing to the alarm module but since driving isn't affected and I tend to only drive it with the top down anyway, I'm not inclined to throw $1,000 at it yet... ECU Doctors (who are on here) will do a diagnosis. It requires you sending in your DME, alarm module and keys. New alarm modules seem to be at the $700 mark and require PST2, PIWIS and IPAS codes to be coded to your car.

Quick Reply: Lock passenger door manually