Sponsored by:

picked up my first 911

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 09:22 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 128 Likes on 113 Posts

Great result!

How did they get in I wonder? A mixture of someone operating the leaver and someone prying up the lid would be my guess.

Anyway that's the fabspeed 'cold air intake' unfortunately hardly a cold air intake however it does remove the helmholtz resonator which is used to reduce intake noise and help even out airflow for the MAF.

So your intake noise will be louder with it!
Old 06-13-2017, 09:41 PM
Dans996tt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my Boxster a stable mate like you.
Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2017, 09:44 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by dan_189
Great result!

How did they get in I wonder? A mixture of someone operating the leaver and someone prying up the lid would be my guess.

Anyway that's the fabspeed 'cold air intake' unfortunately hardly a cold air intake however it does remove the helmholtz resonator which is used to reduce intake noise and help even out airflow for the MAF.

So your intake noise will be louder with it!
Ya from what i gathered, someone pulling and someone gave it a good tug. No i know and only was charged $87 so im happy.

Ya know i read up on that fab speed intake a few days ago and liked what i read but i do not the porsche design on how they loop the air duct back infront... or infront back... you across the rear of the motor to where it sucks in air through that opening. I felt the porsche plastic ducting and it was HOT!! Has anyone done there own mods to make it suck the air on the right side or something else perhaps?
Old 06-13-2017, 10:00 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dans996tt
I bought my Boxster a stable mate like you.
Oh sweet!!! Good for you. Is it not the coolest to drive them both!! Loli love the 5 speed in the boxster and the high reving feel of it and i love how every take off in the 911 feels like im going down hill lol.

I want to start a thread after iv had the 911 a little longer about the differences, pros and cons and others thoughts of the two cars. They both really do have there place and both are a riot to drive
Old 06-13-2017, 10:06 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 128 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ttt123
Ya from what i gathered, someone pulling and someone gave it a good tug. No i know and only was charged $87 so im happy.

Ya know i read up on that fab speed intake a few days ago and liked what i read but i do not the porsche design on how they loop the air duct back infront... or infront back... you across the rear of the motor to where it sucks in air through that opening. I felt the porsche plastic ducting and it was HOT!! Has anyone done there own mods to make it suck the air on the right side or something else perhaps?
The only intake I would recommend is the EVOms intake (although I have no experience with it the design IMO is the best of the aftermarket intakes).

Forget the fabspeed 'competition' intake it sucks in hot air from the engine bay. The evoms at least routes the standard intake snorkel location to a boxed pod filter. IMO if you're looking for upgrades get an IPD plenum or under drive pulley.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:27 PM
Dans996tt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got to say that the Boxster is much nicer to drive, it handles better, it's much quieter because the rear tire noise is blocked by the firewall, the small engine is just silky smooth and the 5speed shifts much easier than the 6 speed. The extra 100hp in the 911 is nice but my previous Porsche was an X50 Turbo with a Techart tune so all these are turds but I'm getting old and don't care about going fast anymore.

My wife says that the Boxster causes more heads to turn and look than the 911 does when we are driving them.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:33 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dan_189
The only intake I would recommend is the EVOms intake (although I have no experience with it the design IMO is the best of the aftermarket intakes).

Forget the fabspeed 'competition' intake it sucks in hot air from the engine bay. The evoms at least routes the standard intake snorkel location to a boxed pod filter. IMO if you're looking for upgrades get an IPD plenum or under drive pulley.

I'll have to check out evoms. thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Dans996tt
I've got to say that the Boxster is much nicer to drive, it handles better, it's much quieter because the rear tire noise is blocked by the firewall, the small engine is just silky smooth and the 5speed shifts much easier than the 6 speed. The extra 100hp in the 911 is nice but my previous Porsche was an X50 Turbo with a Techart tune so all these are turds but I'm getting old and don't care about going fast anymore.

My wife says that the Boxster causes more heads to turn and look than the 911 does when we are driving them.

I like the handling of both in there own way.. but I'm also one of those guys who laughs when I'm told a corvette handles horribly compared to a Porsche. I think most cars have there own nitch. having quite a few different sporty cars... They all have there place and I love em all lol

I do wish the 911 was a bit more powerful but it is nice in power compared to the boxster. and yes the 5 speed imo is way more fun then the 6 speed but that six speed does shift extremely smooth for me vs the 5 speed which I have to work into each gear... I really feel the shift in the boxster where as the 911 is really kind of just a falls into place kind of feeling. I don't like how easily I can slip into the wrong gear in the 911.

anyway lol both a riot to drive

Quick Reply: picked up my first 911