Sponsored by:

Europipe follow-up

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Marco Polo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Europipe follow-up

I've been driving with the Europipe system for a few weeks now, and I am immensely pleased with it.

The buzz was the result of loosened bolts on the rear mounting clamps. 'Don't know how that happened (improper installation, dissimilar metals' contraction rates?), but they are easy to check, so I'll keep an eye on them for a while.

My mechanics were very impressed with the quality of the fabrication that goes into the Europipe product. The fit seemed to be much better than average as well.

The sound is just right. There is no resonance booming at all. The exhaust note is generally a little louder and a little lower-pitched. I'm lucky that I didn't get what I wished for, because I had hoped for a much louder effect. There will be times at DEs on closed courses that I'll still wish for the huge sound, but living with this system for the past few weeks, I am certain that this is perfect for 99% of my desires: Distinctly more "audio" without becoming over-bearing to driver, rider, neighbor or cop.

'Can't wait to see rockitman's dyno results to find out just how good this system is.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:21 PM
GTGTGT
Instructor

Does the Europipe void the Porsche warrenty? I had a discussion with my dealer and they hinted the changing the cats could possible void the warrenty on the engine??
Old 02-04-2004, 09:36 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark:

Which clamps were loose??? Were they the clamps that secure the cats to the cat mount bracket affixed to the motor or were they the ball joint clamps that hold the cats to the mufflers or the tips to the mufflers??? I was suspicious that the buzz was caused by one of these area's. I will be sure to periodically check those while the pipes are still breaking in. Heat expansion and contraction may be a culprit for them loosening. Can't wait to have an opportunity to drive my car again. Just got 10 inches of snow last night, with more expected on Friday. Yes, I will be re-dynoing my car in the Spring....Thanks for the followup report.

Does the Europipe void the Porsche warrenty? I had a discussion with my dealer and they hinted the changing the cats could possible void the warrenty on the engine??
As usual, Dealer's are about as educated about Porsche's as my Grandmother. The exhaust/cats can in no way cause engine damage that would result in voiding of the warranty. If this car was a turbo and there were changes to the engine internals or different sized turbo's/re-chipping the ECU...Their point would be more valid....IMNSVHO
Old 02-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by GTGTGT
Only if a damage occurs and it is proven to have been caused by the modifications.

Federal Warranty Laws

Attachment A

Warranty Denied?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Marco Polo
Instructor

They were the clamps that secure the cats to the cat mount bracket affixed to the motor.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:50 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Marco Polo
They were the clamps that secure the cats to the cat mount bracket affixed to the motor.
Ahhh, that was my first suspect when you posed the question some time ago. I will check mine. Thanks :-)
Old 02-07-2004, 12:05 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

Someone Dyno it soon please.. I am getting tired of waiting!

Quick Reply: Europipe follow-up