Old 08-05-2019, 02:43 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Default FVD Brombacher – New Product - Clubsport Style Roll Bar / Cage

We are pleased to announce that we have recreated the Clubsport Roll Bar with Heigo in Germany. This is an ideal option to complete a European RS look or for those looking for something with an original design. We also sell the front section so that you have the option to expand this bar into a cage in the future.

Click here to be linked to our U.S. website for current pricing and to learn more….

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 08-15-2019, 11:18 AM
EMGT3
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

SOOOO! good!
perfect! for the OEM look! I have been waiting for one like this~
Old 08-18-2019, 12:23 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

I like it. But I remember on the original 996 version of the Clubsport bar, the cross bar for harness mounting is right behind the seats (on the main hoop). This current style is similar to the 997 version.

Would be cool to have the matching 997 style front section with dual door bars and 2 bars at the A-pillar.

I always thought it is better to mount the harness as close as possible, so any idea why the design was changed to mounting on the back in later version? (My guess is that it is easier to have a correct angle of the harness, as people might run different seats, etc.)

Old 08-19-2019, 07:31 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by cfjan
I like it. But I remember on the original 996 version of the Clubsport bar, the cross bar for harness mounting is right behind the seats (on the main hoop). This current style is similar to the 997 version.

Would be cool to have the matching 997 style front section with dual door bars and 2 bars at the A-pillar.

I always thought it is better to mount the harness as close as possible, so any idea why the design was changed to mounting on the back in later version? (My guess is that it is easier to have a correct angle of the harness, as people might run different seats, etc.)

By mounting the shoulder harness further back will give you a bit more material "stretch" in a collision thus lowering the G forces imparted on your torso.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:32 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by cfjan
I always thought it is better to mount the harness as close as possible, so any idea why the design was changed to mounting on the back in later version?
By mounting the shoulder harness further back will give you a bit more material "stretch" in a collision thus lowering the G forces imparted on your torso.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:40 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks. That's an interesting take as I always thought the idea is to minimize any belt stretch.. but I definitely see your point as well.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:21 AM
tom03
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
to be honest we had no issue with the Original Porsche 996 Clubsport rollcage (which is having an DMSB FIA certificate) in a crash. No issue with our torsos and no issue with the Schroth 6 point harness and the original Clubsport seat.
The "stretch" is within the Schroth harness included which is called SCHROTH asm®.
The original rollcage construction together with Schroth seems to be very secure to me and for the passenger also. The Schroth harness must be installed with an angle from 0 to -20 degree maybe that's different with other harness manufactures.
However a rollcage is not for design purposes it should be for security (with DMSB/FIA) and fit to the appropriate harness system and a secure seat.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 934 Likes on 623 Posts

Rhonda does this front section require cutting the rocker panels in the driver/passenger's footwell like the Safety Devices cage does, or does it bolt right to the floor inboard of the rockers?
Old 08-20-2019, 03:48 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Rhonda does this front section require cutting the rocker panels in the driver/passenger's footwell like the Safety Devices cage does, or does it bolt right to the floor inboard of the rockers?
Nick,

No cutting involved, it uses the same factory hardware that the RS Clubsport Bar did, see the picture below.

That requires drilling through the floor just inboard of the rockers.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – New Product - Clubsport Style Roll Bar / Cage