Sponsored by:

Miss Bee

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 11:33 PM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Miss Bee

Immediately after Mr. Black’s successful but controversial sale a new journey begins.

I am now the proud care taker of Miss Bee.

Last edited by PumpkinRS; 03-23-2024 at 08:19 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by PumpkinRS:
brontosaurus (03-23-2024), changster123 (03-23-2024), kfitzpat9 (03-23-2024), Malloy (03-23-2024), pirahna (03-23-2024), Toby Pennycuff (03-24-2024), widers911 (03-23-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-23-2024, 12:00 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts

Awesome!!
Old 03-23-2024, 01:12 AM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by changster123
Awesome!!
Changster that’s a beautiful car you have. I love white on a 996 GT3. I'm not sure what color I like more between SY and CW, always wanted the Yellow but then for a time the White became my favorite.

Last edited by PumpkinRS; 03-23-2024 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:47 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 204 Posts

Well done! You move fast.
The following users liked this post:
PumpkinRS (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 07:58 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,977 Likes on 2,053 Posts

Looks great! Enjoy.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:39 AM
widers911
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 85 Posts

Congrats!

Yellow > white (current owner of white)
Old 03-23-2024, 09:23 PM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

Default Health Assessment

I wanted to do this the right way...doing the same checks the others performed on Mr. Black.

DME pull

‘Over rev’ Report

I also compared the same report from a previous for sale ad around 2021 or 2022 I’m guesssing as a sanity check.

Zero Range 2s consistent with present day readings.

Last edited by PumpkinRS; 03-25-2024 at 03:40 AM. Reason: More Info
Old 03-24-2024, 02:33 AM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 132 Posts

Congrats, seeing Mr Black at $55k blew my mind and I knew it would be gone before I could get an honest shot at it... so I’m stuck with my white whale. Someday I aspire to have my own Mrs Bee. Congrats. Is this the one autokennel was selling? I sat and stared at it for a few minutes. SY 996 GT3 holds a special place in my heart. Long story but it involves the Nurburgring, so yea.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:32 AM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

Thank you!

I was unsure of the re-paint situation on the Auto Kennel SY and other nagging things in the online description so I wasn't so keen on it. I do live pretty close to them but I did not visit that one.

Miss Bee is from Moto-Renn close to the airport. I called on them shortly after the ad came up. Red9114me (who I acquired the Perlon buckets from - great guy) actually mentioned the car on the For Sale sticky a few days after. Super positive experience so far. Very nice folks and easy to work with. They did the compression test free of charge. I decided I also wanted a leak-down test so I paid to have that performed as well. I made an appointment to see the car but had to cancel last minute - and so pretty much bought her sight unseen.

The wife and I did visit today. Kind of funny thing when I arrived and started to approach Miss Bee, someone was sitting in the driver's seat, started the car and was checking her out. They thought the person was me . After kicking the other guy out of my seat - j/k, he and I chatted a bit. I believe he looked at the Auto Kennel one and he mentioned some other ones - a grey one I think. I won't tell you which one he thinks is the best out of the lot /wink.

We also talked about PPF because I told him I was leaving Miss Bee for some PPF. He wasn't too sold on PPF due to the possible risk of damage to the paint upon removal. Moto Renn says they do it all the time and as long as one uses a steam should not be an issue. I'm still going back and forth on it but will probably go for it.

The car looks pretty good in person. They lent me their paint meter and I went to town with additional measurements to the ones they sent me above. Paint looks to be original paint - an area or 2 seems to read ever so slightly higher but I think still original. The right rear quarter up top needs some minor PDR but still looks to have the original paint- no biggie. It was as if something was accidentally dropped on the area - nothing bad at all - I'm just kind of OCD on dings (like the little touch up job on Mr. Black that snowballed). We've been moving for the last few years and wherever city I land the local PDR person and I usually get acquainted. Jorge from Dent Motion in Denver actually became my buddy. For a 50K mile car that was probably tracked, Miss Bee seems to be in super nice cosmetic (and mechanical) shape - but I find that you don't really know until you take it home and do some therapeutic washing and detailing. That's when I seem to notice things.

They are taking care of the PDR as well as raising the car slightly. It is so low I'm pretty sure it will scrape when I take it home. I actually purchased Bridjit curb ramps (https://www.bridjit.com/product/port...djit-curb-ramp) yesterday to hopefully help remedy that.

On the quick and in no way definitive few laps on the surface streets, subjective impressions were she wasn't as loud as Mr. Black (who had Tubi mufflers and sounded awesome) and seemed more laid back and not as immediate, water temps looked to be normal- and seemed to run cooler compared to Mr. Black - then again could be the temp gage variation. I actually forgot to check something critical though- the oil pressure - which should be one of the first check anyone does. I'll probably ask Moto to send a video which wouldn't be a big deal to them. Again they are very easy to deal with and never made me feel I was a hassle. Seems basic but some shops (high end and not) I don't always get the same vibe.

I took a bunch more pics to confirm some notes I had on my head from pictures Moto Renn sent when we were in the midst of the sales process. I also tried to verify if some of the installed bits described in previous adverts were still in the car - which they seem to be - the ones I can see anyway.

• Welded Coolant Lines • BRM Refreshed Transmission with Steel Syncros • BRM Reinforced Diff Cover Plate • Guard Transmission Differential Rebuild Kit 60/40 Ramp • Numeric Shifter Cables • 997.2 GT3 Shifter Box • Cargraphic Performance Mufflers• Tarett Engineering Front & Rear Drop Links • Girodisc Slotted Front Rotors • Genuine 996 Cup Front Splitter • Rennline Tow Hook • Standard Slotted Rear Rotors • Porsche GT3 Euro Recaro seats • Rennline Aluminum Pedal Set

Interestingly, I spoke to Bill Rader (BRM) just a couple of weeks ago and was actually going to send Mr. Black's transmission (which the new owner sent me pics today - is already apart at his home!) - which would have probably set me back $8-10k because I would have done more ‘while you were in there’ items most likely. So I just basically went and took that $ and whatever else normal expense I would have incurred on Mr. Black and used that towards Ms. Bee. The lengths we go to justify the madness . Fortuitously I end up with a BRM/Guards diff anyway on the new car.

The Tequipment harness bar is gone - I do have the Clubsport Cage from the Green Slime that I might install. https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...es/green-slime

The foam box and associated contents/tool kit located in the trunk aren’t there any longer so I’ll have to source those. Part of the enjoyment and experience for me is finding bits for the car so looking forward to search for those things.

It was a nice trip out to visit Ms. Bee today. We took home some spare parts and will come back when she's ready sometime next week.

I'm happy and satisfied, wife loves the color, hinting about driving the car --haha—I turned and said “how about you drive the Miss Red tomorrow instead" (when we go out to weekend breakfast).

Still in the honeymoon stage with Ms. Bee. But feels like this one is the keeper.

Last edited by PumpkinRS; 03-26-2024 at 10:25 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by PumpkinRS:
2mAn (04-02-2024), brontosaurus (03-24-2024), engerman (03-24-2024), mchang (03-24-2024), pirahna (03-24-2024), Toby Pennycuff (03-24-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-24-2024, 08:45 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts

Amazing car and color. Congrats on the purchase again! I love the yellow.
PumpkinRS (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 11:57 AM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

Default Inspection Photos

Meeting Miss Bee for the first time yesterday.

I wanted to check for signs of any displaced joints and confirm body and paint condition and go for a quick drive to confirm acceptance.

And to share the experience with my wife.

Enjoy!

Area with some slight waviness.

Seems to be still the original paint save for some slight touch up.

Not sure if they already tried PDR but I’d like to have it worked on regardless.

Close up of the area.

Even closer.

Another view.

I’m already envisioning the KN airbox mod sitting on the shelf at home.

The Perlons will probably replace these.

However in some ways I do prefer these leather ones.

Pedals described in old For Sale ads. Love the option of the yellow dash stripe.

Checking if the seam is undisturbed.

Checking the seam on the other side.

Checking where I can. In random crevices.

That nothing is disturbed- from a collision etc.

Behind driver side cowl - frunk.

Behind nose piece - frunk.

Pulled out the trunk rubber in some areas.

Again checking for seams and joints.

I like original glass.

This looks a bit off .
Passenger side front windshield - maybe track camera was wired there?

These DO look to be the Cargraphics muffler.

Looks to still have the suspension from old For-Sale ads. Super happy about the MCS shocks.

I am not sure what those springs are - seems more orange than the stock H&R’s and different dimensionally.

Moto already sent me pics of all the stickers in place as part of our correspondence.

All important VIN sticker

Scrape!

That’s it.

Nice to see the vent hose connected properly. But I’ll probably AGM her.

Closing Shots

Last edited by PumpkinRS; 03-25-2024 at 03:11 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by PumpkinRS:
2mAn (04-02-2024), TheDeckMan (03-26-2024), Toby Pennycuff (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 12:41 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,283 Likes on 1,715 Posts

I think that wired connection on the windshield is the fm radio anttena connection.

PumpkinRS (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 02:57 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 415 Likes on 301 Posts

Great purchase, I had my eye on this one... Yellow and blue are the colors for the 996 GT3!

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 02 https://bit.ly/49A6n4M

Old 03-25-2024, 07:41 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 204 Posts

Looks like a very clean, honest example. Digging the rake too!
PumpkinRS (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 07:50 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 487 Likes on 326 Posts

Congrats !
PumpkinRS (03-31-2024)

Quick Reply: Miss Bee