Sponsored by:

Track Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:59 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Help!

While I am still new at the track, I would like to make a few mods to my car. Any ideas as to what I can do? I dont want to touch the motor or anything, here is what I had in mind - Any ideas for products?

New Seats (Most likely GT3 seats)
Tires (Leaning towards MPSC)
Tech Bar
5 pt Harness
Brake Pad upgrades

I feel that addressing these concerns will make my car safer, and give me some more confidence as well. I have A TON to learn about this car and it will take me many years to possibly master it (If thats even possible). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Adam
Old 09-28-2004, 01:02 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,015 Likes on 564 Posts

Don't screw around with the bar and get the fancy techquipment bar, get a real one that works and that you can use if you want to do TT and SCCA stuff later.

Why buy two bars?
Old 09-28-2004, 03:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

New Seats (Most likely GT3 seats): if this is not a track only car, GT3 seat is best. why? if you use recaro spg or pp, the hole for shoulder strap is too small and it's hard to stuff both the harness and OEM belt through it. also, when no tracking, it's hard to push out the harness so it's behind your seat. the holes on GT3 seat is much bigger and easier to use. also, GT3 seats have low thigh bolster so it's not too hard to get in/out on street. (if this is track only car, bolster of the GT3 seat may not be enough)

Tires (Leaning towards MPSC): i would run oem street tire PS2 for a year or two before moving to mpsc. it's more redicatable and squeaks to let you know if you are about to break lose.

Tech Bar: all show no go. get club sport bar or dass or RS bar. something substantial.

5 pt Harness: if you track only 2-3 times a year, don't bother. if you do more, than it's a must. give you better control of the car as you are not trying to prop yourself up in the seat. try 6 point as well. i like those better than 5 points.

Brake Pad upgrades: personally i do. i would take pagid orange or yellow. but bear in mind that if you drive on street with these on, you will get a bit more wear on rotors.

make sure you have the car aligned properly.

Quick Reply: Track Help!