Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a couple questions on warranty and about getting the car inspected

Warranty details are on this page?
http://www.easycare.com/benefits/pro...vice-contracts

No problem on getting the car inspected. It was serviced at Roger Beasley Porsche Austin. My service advisor was Tim or you can let me know where you want it inspected and I can have someone arrange it for you.

Roger Beasley Porsche
www.porscheaustin.com

200 East Huntland Drive
Austin, TX 78752
(512) 371-1155
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Rotary Rocket
Intermediate

Did she sell? Only one day to go...

GL
Old 07-31-2009, 05:44 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

NOT YET. Still talking to a couple people but no commitments yet
Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin Bishop
NOT YET. Still talking to a couple people but no commitments yet
Are you giving it back to the bank if it doesn't sell?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:39 PM
zed996tt
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try shared ownership or sale/leaseback before returning it to the bank; that would probably be a big negative to credit score. Bank might allow some creativity if the counterparty is a good risk. Just a thought.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:20 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 192 Posts

Isn't shared ownership means shared liability? Mike
Old 07-31-2009, 05:33 PM
zed996tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Isn't shared ownership means shared liability? Mike
Mike:

Yes it does. It becomes a 'least of all evils' issue.

Terry
Old 08-01-2009, 04:38 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

I am out of the country right now, so I do not have much of a choice. I do not understand why these cars are loosing so much value so quickly. I bought it for 66K last year and put in 6K in one year into the car. These are smoking deals right now
Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Great looking car and a great deal! I should have suggested this earlier - consign the car to Ruf in Dallas - they do a great job in marketing "special" cars and they have alot of folks go through their shop + they'll take care of it while you out of the country. I'm close by (Austin) so let me know if I can help you out - PM me.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:33 PM
zed996tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Martin Bishop
I am out of the country right now, so I do not have much of a choice. I do not understand why these cars are loosing so much value so quickly. I bought it for 66K last year and put in 6K in one year into the car. These are smoking deals right now
The market isn't rational, perhaps it's even "Predictably Irrational" (book by Dan Ariely). There is also the "Myth of the Rational Market" by Justin Fox.

Plenty of examples abound these days. Here is a perfectly fine 6GT3 languishing at $48k while the 2010's (two of them) I saw today at Downtown LA Porsche both carry stickers of $137k plus "market adjustment" of $15k.

The difference might be marketing.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:08 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by zed996tt
The market isn't rational, perhaps it's even "Predictably Irrational" (book by Dan Ariely). There is also the "Myth of the Rational Market" by Justin Fox.
Ben Graham and David Dodd pointed this out in their 1934 book "Security Analysis". A guy named Warren Buffett later trained under Professor Ben Graham at Columbia University.

It's all simple to me. All asset classes are down since the meltdown of the financial system (including cars). Most anyone that bought anything a year ago is down today even with the recent rallies in the bond and equity markets. The people that used leverage are just down more than others than others that did not.

Leverage works well when the market goes your way, and not so well when the momentum works against you.

JMHO, but if I was the owner of this car, I would take down the picture of the car on the track. It's the reason that I never made an offer. There are too many GT3's that have never been on the track, and I'd just rather buy a "virgin" than gamble on one that has already been used in "high-speed" events. It's just that I'd like to be the one that takes it to the track for the first time.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 PM
dennisdesouza
Intermediate

I agree. The track picture kept me from being serious about this car. I am purchasing my 6 GT3 tomorrow and driving her home (about 450 miles). The car I am purchasing has no track at all and very low miles with a perfect PPI. I know these cars are made for the track and I hope to get out there eventually and let the car shine however I am not interested in a car that has already been tracked for numerous events.

That is just me but I wil pay up for a non abused car. I really think the 6 GT3 will be a collectors car in the future more so than the 7 gt3's will.

Originally Posted by VintageRacer
Ben Graham and David Dodd pointed this out in their 1934 book "Security Analysis". A guy named Warren Buffett later trained under Professor Ben Graham at Columbia University.

It's all simple to me. All asset classes are down since the meltdown of the financial system (including cars). Most anyone that bought anything a year ago is down today even with the recent rallies in the bond and equity markets. The people that used leverage are just down more than others than others that did not.

Leverage works well when the market goes your way, and not so well when the momentum works against you.

JMHO, but if I was the owner of this car, I would take down the picture of the car on the track. It's the reason that I never made an offer. There are too many GT3's that have never been on the track, and I'd just rather buy a "virgin" than gamble on one that has already been used in "high-speed" events. It's just that I'd like to be the one that takes it to the track for the first time.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:58 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 192 Posts

I guess I aint going to sell my car soon : ).
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Anyone buying a car from a dealer or someone who's not the original owner, has no way of knowing whether a car has been to the track or not (despite what they may tell you).

Anyone who's owned a GT3 and taken it to the track (and maintained it properly) would likely tell you that those cars are often better than garage queens. Additionally, there's something to be said for buying a well sorted car and not having to pay much extra (if at all).
Old 08-01-2009, 09:45 PM
RutgersU
Racer

The car likely didn't sell because the risk exceeded the reward. An out of country seller who couldn't afford the car presents a lot of issues, including getting title and proper maintenance of the car. The market is much stronger than this car would suggest. As is typical, when something looks undervalue there is usually a catch.

Quick Reply: **** on Martin Bishop's car sale thread