Sponsored by:

**** on Martin Bishop's car sale thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 10:31 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VintageRacer
That is great. I am now sure that you know the owner that wrecked the two GT3's? And the red car?
Wow, read the post next time. So again, what's the point of your puerile response? Let's see, you pop into a FS thread, tell us that you wouldn't buy a tracked car, and then post pictures of wrecked GT3's to what??...back up your assertion that buyers are taking a big chance with a car that's been tracked? Again, this on a RL'sters FS thread....excellent form man.
My point, which I guess you missed, was that with a resource like RL there are pretty good odds that someone has knowledge of a car that is posted here - and, if you do your due diligence buying a tracked car doesn't have to be a one way ticket to buyer's remorse. I'd venture that many more transactions involving tracked cars have resulted in very satisfied buyers than the converse. I know of plenty around here.
I appreciate your courteous advice. I've only had a competitive road race license for 18 years so I know many people have much more experience than I do.

What lap times do you post at Laguna Seca and Sonoma?
And, I didn't mean "you" in particular with my "courteous advice". Meant it in the more general sense, as in "one". Sorry that didn't come across.
But, LOL, what a tool. Who gives a sh#t about your 18 yrs with "competitive road license". I guess this infers some super special knowledge of tracked cars that renders others opinions invalid. ..oh, and your attempts at sarcasm are extremely lame.
And what do lap times have to do with thoughts on the street car market, tracked or not? That's rhetorical by the way. Just curious tho, what's the cutoff at LS in a GT3 to have a valid opinion...1:43, 41.5, 39.8???

Been doing this stuff long enough to know that if you want a GT3 to track there are plenty of well maintained, tracked cars, that will provide a great experience for the buyer. But I do respect the buyer that wants a non-tracked car as well. No problem with that, and there's a real market price for either.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,173 Likes on 577 Posts

I have seen Martin's car. I considered purchasing it couple of years ago but bought my 993tt instead. I know 2 of the three owners of the car. I have seen it run at TWS and it is in great condition. I don't think it is appropriate for folks to **** on this thread. If not interested, no prob don't buy it - but it is very rude to discourage potential buyers for this nice car.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,488 Likes on 2,271 Posts

That is great. I am now sure that you know the owner that wrecked the two GT3's? And the red car?

I appreciate your courteous advice. I've only had a competitive road race license for 18 years so I know many people have much more experience than I do.

What lap times do you post at Laguna Seca and Sonoma?
i dont know much about the car in questions, but if there's a gt3 in norcal that had an incident i will know about it. the GT3 circle is pretty small and i probably owned 1/2 of them in nor cal :0)

mjb is a track rat though i dont know his lap time at LS. many of us do about 1:40 in stock GT3's on mpsc or R888. 171mph did a 1:36 on a stock car with khumo V710. i think that's as fast as most pro's can do ! his car is tracked and fast but maintained well i have no qualm buying it. eveyrone of my GT3's have been tracked, on average 40 days a year at 180 to 200 miles a day. so that's about 7500 miles a year. never a prob.

a tracked car isn't necesarlly beat up. it all de pends on the owner and maintenance.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:46 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
a tracked car isn't necesarlly beat up. it all de pends on the owner and maintenance.
+1

This crap floating around that a GT3 that has been tracked is always somehow abused is garbage. Completely depends on the owner. With any car, it boils down to service history and a clean PPI which should include a DME dump, compression check and leakdown test.

Idiots street racing their cars doing speed shifting with cold engines would do more damage to a GT3 than your typical track guy.

Cheers,
Old 08-04-2009, 12:59 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It did happen in Portland in an autocross. But a guy is supposed to successfully negotiate a course regardless of the layout.

The first car was wrecked at Road Atlanta. The repair is only $35K. This is the second GT3 that he has wrecked. The first one was totaled.

Does he know you are posting up all of this info and pictures?? If not, not cool!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 192 Posts

I just don't get the idea of neone who takes pics of cars that's been wrecked at the track. Isn't it common courtesy to not do such a thing among fellow trackies and all other people at the track. It's just wrong. Bad nuf for driver to have a mishap and watch people take pics- I see it all the time. Regards. Mike
Old 08-04-2009, 02:12 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I just don't get the idea of neone who takes pics of cars that's been wrecked at the track. Isn't it common courtesy to not do such a thing among fellow trackies and all other people at the track. It's just wrong. Bad nuf for driver to have a mishap and watch people take pics- I see it all the time. Regards. Mike
Mike I agree, Vintage is a complete loser which seems apparent, not even his thread and he's posting up such irrelevant pictures/information to the topic, which is ignorant in it's own right since according to him a track gt3 automatically has hidden history/been beaten to death or has bad owners/drivers lol... Vintage you lack extreme class, unlike the owner of the GT3 you are posting up, who is such a cool down to earth dude and humble as pie.. Or we can post up pic's of older "vintage" 911's that people buy to beat the **** out of purposely on the track, and their track incidents/crashes and insinuate the same as you did.. but we won't because we aren't you..

Nor' will people post up their "record holding time" of which they acquired their competition license, uh oh, there are still people on this board that will mop the track up with you.. Some people just need to be called out and shot down, no one cares what you have, experienced, seen at the track but thanks for sharing I guess... When I want to learn on how to be a tool and post like one too, I will however contact you first before anyone!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Mike I agree, Vintage is a complete loser which seems apparent, not even his thread and he's posting up such irrelevant pictures/information to the topic, which is ignorant in it's own right since according to him a track gt3 automatically has hidden history/been beaten to death or has bad owners/drivers lol... Vintage you lack extreme class, unlike the owner of the GT3 you are posting up, who is such a cool down to earth dude and humble as pie.. Or we can post up pic's of older "vintage" 911's that people buy to beat the **** out of purposely on the track, and their track incidents/crashes and insinuate the same as you did.. but we won't because we aren't you..

Nor' will people post up their "record holding time" of which they acquired their competition license, uh oh, there are still people on this board that will mop the track up with you.. Some people just need to be called out and shot down, no one cares what you have, experienced, seen at the track but thanks for sharing I guess... When I want to learn on how to be a tool and post like one too, I will however contact you first before anyone!
+1.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:48 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what is happening with the car for sale?
I am shocked that it has not sold... and if it is because OP showed a picture of it on a track... I am in deep caca when I try to sell (NEVER)...

at $48k it is almost a good price for a parts car :-)
Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Poor etiquette VintageRacer.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

The car has not sold yet. I am talking with a couple different guys about it, but nothing is final with anyone. You would think it would have been long gone. Do I need to raise the price so that people will not think it is too good to be true?

I priced it at $48k as that was just over 85% of the amount owed on the car. This is the percentage I had heard Chase would discount on a car to take it off their books these days. It does not matter what the price is to me as I am "out of the loop" you might say on the price. I figured put it as low as they would approve and someone would get a smoking deal.

Although what happened when I put the car out at this low price can be seen in this thread. Pretty disappointing on how others do not think of the ramifications of their actions sometimes.

Martin
Old 08-05-2009, 07:59 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

The story surrounding the car seems suspect so you may want to clear up some unknowns to expedite a sale:

1)Did you sign a personal loan for the remainder or will this clear your debt with the bank;
2)How many payments have you missed to date on the loan;
3)Will you provide the title when $48k is paid or at a later date;
4)Will you be back in the country to complete the transaction at the time the $48k is given(transfer car, title, sign title).

These are very basic questions which should be answered. There are similar cars being offered for high $50ks. People here are a little smarter than those who fall for the Nigerian scam letters. I'm not saying it is a scam but you're leaving a lot of questions unanswered.

QUOTE=Martin Bishop;6788892]The car has not sold yet. I am talking with a couple different guys about it, but nothing is final with anyone. You would think it would have been long gone. Do I need to raise the price so that people will not think it is too good to be true?

I priced it at $48k as that was just over 85% of the amount owed on the car. This is the percentage I had heard Chase would discount on a car to take it off their books these days. It does not matter what the price is to me as I am "out of the loop" you might say on the price. I figured put it as low as they would approve and someone would get a smoking deal.

Although what happened when I put the car out at this low price can be seen in this thread. Pretty disappointing on how others do not think of the ramifications of their actions sometimes.

Martin[/QUOTE]
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

Chase has the title and will provide it to the buying party upon payment of the 48K. They have sent a letter to that fact. Other facts you can email me directly.

This thread is ****ing ridiculous. I am trying to sell a car and all I get are people posting pictures of wrecked cars and saying that I am trying to run a scam or something. If you have a beef with me or questions for me, feel free to ask me. I am happy to answer every question asked.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

I am sick of rennlist. I have never done anything or said anything against anyone here. I have been a member for 7 years having 4 different Porsches and only post helpful information or ask useful questions.

Now comes the time I am trying sell a car and this is the horse-**** I have to put up with what a great place. I hope you all feel good about yourself
Old 08-05-2009, 08:50 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

If you posted this thread on almost any other message board everyone would say it was a scam. You are actually getting the benefit of the doubt that it may be legit since you're a long term member. If you were able to personally transfer the car & title at the time the $48k was given then the car would have sold by now.

I provided a list of questions but you failed to answer any of them specifically other than saying "Chase will provide it to the buying party upon payment of the $48k." How exactly will Chase do this? The GT3 is yours, not the person who turns over the $48k (not to mention the fact that the title isnt signed and what branch has the title).

My post was intended to help with the sale & explain why it hasnt sold. Sorry if it was taken any other way.

Originally Posted by Martin Bishop
Chase has the title and will provide it to the buying party upon payment of the 48K. They have sent a letter to that fact. Other facts you can email me directly.

This thread is ****ing ridiculous. I am trying to sell a car and all I get are people posting pictures of wrecked cars and saying that I am trying to run a scam or something. If you have a beef with me or questions for me, feel free to ask me. I am happy to answer every question asked.

Quick Reply: **** on Martin Bishop's car sale thread