Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**** on Martin Bishop's car sale thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes I will sign the title of course but it is held by Chase Auto Finance. I can give you their number to discuss the details on how that will be handled. I do need to sign it, but they are the ones who hold it.

There is nothing that is trying to be covered up. I offered the car for 57K months ago, and it has not sold. Since then I have been out of the country which has complicated things. As a result I worked out a deal with Chase for them to take 9K less than my asking price to move this quick. As a result of the price so low now everyone freaks out, saying the car must be wrecked, it is a scam, the carpet is dirty (it was not in the photo, just light coming through the trees in the photo for crying out load). This entire process has been incredibly taxing on me.

The car is available for sale. It is right now sitting at the Porsche dealership in Austin. Feel free to call them and see if there is a car there. Also feel free to call Chase with any question you have on the title.

I am really worn out at this point
Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Regarding the title issue that many people seem to not be able to get over: When the car is a leased car, the title can be under the leasing company's name. When I purchased my GT3 a month ago, I wired the money to the leasing company, and the leasing company overnight the title to me.

I had never met the seller (fellow Rennlist member) in person nor did I have to in order to get the deal done.

I don't think that's uncommon / unusual.

Martin, good luck w/ the sell!! I think the car is a tremendous value!!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 714 Likes on 417 Posts

Martin,

I know others have stated and I concur, a very good price on a well spec'd GT3. i wish the budget allowed another car but I am still in the "I Have To Sell Some Cars" as I have to many.

As for the people pissing about the title, it is a straight forward deal where you pay off the loan and the bank release's the title and the seller signs and it is yours. Don't get hung up in the fact it is a Short Sale. Martin was able to negotiate a reduced payoff, more power to him.

Peter
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Martin,

I know others have stated and I concur, a very good price on a well spec'd GT3. i wish the budget allowed another car but I am still in the "I Have To Sell Some Cars" as I have to many.

As for the people pissing about the title, it is a straight forward deal where you pay off the loan and the bank release's the title and the seller signs and it is yours. Don't get hung up in the fact it is a Short Sale. Martin was able to negotiate a reduced payoff, more power to him.

Peter
Agreed!

Sucks we have lost a long term/great member as well due to ******* people on here too...

Martin all the best man, good luck!

Martin
Old 08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I totally agree with Martin, a lot of ******** came out from the woodwork for no reason. Martin is legit and doesn't deserve this bull****. What the **** is wrong with some of you guys?

This is why I recently gave advice to someone selling their car, to NOT sell it on rennlist. Way too much drama.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Martin/others;

I won't comment on any of the back and forth between individual members, but I did not receive answers to my questions until after I posted about it in your thread. The two emails you've sent me looked nearly identical, and felt like they were copied/pasted... That sort of response simply wouldn't do, considering the questions these circumstances arise in prospective buyers. I've bought over 40 cars in the last 8 years personally, and only had to deal with a bank twice, neither involved the "owner" of the car being out of the country. In fact, the only reason I didn't write off this car was that you'd been around for some time. I say that as someone who has absolutely no problem with a "tracked" GT3 by the way. It sucks that you're having problems, though from buyers' perspective, there's reasons to shy away from deals like this, and it's not the fault of "Rennlist".
Old 08-05-2009, 03:42 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Martin Bishop
This thread is ****ing ridiculous. I am trying to sell a car and all I get are people posting pictures of wrecked cars and saying that I am trying to run a scam or something. If you have a beef with me or questions for me, feel free to ask me. I am happy to answer every question asked.
Agree completely. While the situation with this sale is unusual you did provide plenty of detail many pages ago. Amazing what happens when a car is priced for a quick sale.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:57 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ahmet
Martin/others;

I won't comment on any of the back and forth between individual members, but I did not receive answers to my questions until after I posted about it in your thread. The two emails you've sent me looked nearly identical, and felt like they were copied/pasted... That sort of response simply wouldn't do, considering the questions these circumstances arise in prospective buyers. I've bought over 40 cars in the last 8 years personally, and only had to deal with a bank twice, neither involved the "owner" of the car being out of the country. In fact, the only reason I didn't write off this car was that you'd been around for some time. I say that as someone who has absolutely no problem with a "tracked" GT3 by the way. It sucks that you're having problems, though from buyers' perspective, there's reasons to shy away from deals like this, and it's not the fault of "Rennlist".
While he may not have provided YOU with this detailed information that met your standards, the other people who ruined the thread with their useless words of "wisdom" were not inquiring about the car one bit and still ruined the thread and bashed his sale/car!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 PM
e_thereal
Track Day

Just got back from seeing Martin's car and test driving it. It's an amazing machine! The air on the back right tire was low but the Roger Beasley guys took care of it and checked the tire pressure on all the tires.
I've driven a 2008 911S but never a GT3 and there was a world of difference. Amazing handling and incredible power. A couple of things I noticed was there was a slight squeal from the brakes when braking esp during turns. The radio also did not seem to work. Other than that, the body looked very nice and the interior looked good as well.
Very nice car!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

It is really a shame that this is happening. This is exactly the reason I hate selling cars on here. These jack asses want to dig up a bunch of old posts to try and to make you look bad.

Martin - Your car is a great deal and I hope you get it sold buddy.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
RutgersU
Racer

FYI I contacted Chase and everything seems above board. It wont work out for me but it has nothing to do with this not being a legitimate transaction.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by e_thereal
Just got back from seeing Martin's car and test driving it. It's an amazing machine! The air on the back right tire was low but the Roger Beasley guys took care of it and checked the tire pressure on all the tires.
I've driven a 2008 911S but never a GT3 and there was a world of difference. Amazing handling and incredible power. A couple of things I noticed was there was a slight squeal from the brakes when braking esp during turns. The radio also did not seem to work. Other than that, the body looked very nice and the interior looked good as well.
Very nice car!
lol@commenting on brake squeal. They do that.

Feel for the seller here as a lot of commentary from people with no interest in buying (damn I guess that makes me one of them!).

I can't believe how cheap GT3s have got of late. This has to be the bottom of the market. They are too good to get any cheaper.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is a real embarrassment to the RL community and a real shame for the seller. I used to think much higher of RL.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

I'm going a bit off the seller now too though... Randomly deleting posts etc.

Depresses me when people wet themselves that a car has been on track though. GT3s are for drivers not onanists.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanH
lol@commenting on brake squeal. They do that.
HAHA. The dealer where I had my PPI done told me the same thing about my car.

Quick Reply: **** on Martin Bishop's car sale thread