Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**** on Martin Bishop's car sale thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

For what it's worth coming from a toddler R'lister, I can vouch for Martin being a living, breathing person and not a shyster. I've ridden in his car, it's more than fine.

I'm in Austin if anyone needs help buying this car.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:03 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Holy crap, how did I miss this? What in the world happened that caused people to question Martin's cred? I've never met Martin in person but have talked to him here in the forum and offline for many years.

And a GT3 that has seen the track? Are some of y'all kidding? Everybody knows how much my car saw the track but more importantly everybody knew how meticulous I was with upkeep and taking care of the car. Joe got a fantastic deal and a fantastic car that I know brings smiles to him face every day. He says so

If y'all are interested, contact Martin. If not, quit screwing with his FS thread.

Martin, sorry you are having to deal with this crap. Your car is a great one at a great price and hopefully somebody can see that for what it is. GLWS
Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Martin, sorry to see that your FS thread has gone to ****. I really feel bad and fell a shame for all the idiot users posting crap they don't even know about. Worse part is none of them have real interest in buying. AND TO THE FELLOW WHO WENT FOR A JOYRIDE, sorry if you thought you were helping but your post was very useless.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Martin,

Nice car at a great price! Why anyone would buy one of these cars and not track it at least a bit is beyond me. The car is made for it and in my opinion, as long as the maintenance is good and aesthetics acceptable to the buyer, there's no reason NOT to buy a tracked car.

Of course most of the snobs would laugh at my car.

Martin, please try starting a clean thread with your car for sale. I can't believe it's not gone already!

Joe
2004 GT3 w/81,xxx TRACK summer and WINTER miles
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

Thanks for the note. Right the rears have the blacks which make a little noise until you get some heat in them. The fronts are the yellows. not sure why you could not get the radio to work. It should just turn on. Was it a cd or FM radio that was the issue? I will have the dealer take a look as it worked fine before

Originally Posted by e_thereal
Just got back from seeing Martin's car and test driving it. It's an amazing machine! The air on the back right tire was low but the Roger Beasley guys took care of it and checked the tire pressure on all the tires.
I've driven a 2008 911S but never a GT3 and there was a world of difference. Amazing handling and incredible power. A couple of things I noticed was there was a slight squeal from the brakes when braking esp during turns. The radio also did not seem to work. Other than that, the body looked very nice and the interior looked good as well.
Very nice car!

Last edited by Martin Bishop; 08-06-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

You are right, I should not have deleted the posts, I was just so pissed off last night that I figured I would not be selling the car on RL anymore and did not want anyone to even contact me about it from RL. But today I got so many PMs from people who did not want to see me go that I decided to come to this forum to see what is going on.

Originally Posted by DanH
I'm going a bit off the seller now too though... Randomly deleting posts etc.

Depresses me when people wet themselves that a car has been on track though. GT3s are for drivers not onanists.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 AM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I think we all know the problem is the type of "media" in which we are communicating, not the forum.

It is so easy to make improper and unfounded comments when one is basically anonymous and not in direct "face to face" contact with the audience. A new place to bully people.

Selling a Porsche on the Rennlist does bring a lot of mean and pointless remarks.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:09 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Martin,

Were I in the market for a GT3... well, we'd be talking .

GL with the sale, your car looks lovely, and the price is a gimme. Like others here, I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet!

Keep your chin up, ignore the morons....
Old 08-06-2009, 09:19 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cfjan
Accident in an autoX track?? (the red GT3, I mean..)
Yep, it would have been funny if they were all Hondas. Lost control and went into parked cars. The car was fixed and tracked in 2008.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:36 PM
e_thereal
Track Day

Originally Posted by Martin Bishop
Thanks for the note. Right the rears have the blacks which make a little noise until you get some heat in them. The fronts are the yellows. not sure why you could not get the radio to work. It should just turn on. Was it a cd or FM radio that was the issue? I will have the dealer take a look as it worked fine before

Martin,
Neither the radio nor the cd turned on.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:01 PM
apochiraju
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Elephants walk, dogs bark... makes no difference to the elephant.

People who track their cars keep up with the cars better than ones who dont (my personal opinion) cos we take our cars to the limit with us (the Driver) and we care very dearly for our lives. We make sure our car is in the best performing shape than just a stock setup.
And tracking doesnt mean abusing the car, and unless u have seen enough of the track you wont realize that. And for GT3, if you dont track u r abusing and insulting the car...its like keeping a lion in ur closet.
such nincompoops
Old 08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apochiraju
Elephants walk, dogs bark... makes no difference to the elephant.

People who track their cars keep up with the cars better than ones who dont (my personal opinion) cos we take our cars to the limit with us (the Driver) and we care very dearly for our lives. We make sure our car is in the best performing shape than just a stock setup.
And tracking doesnt mean abusing the car, and unless u have seen enough of the track you wont realize that. And for GT3, if you dont track u r abusing and insulting the car...its like keeping a lion in ur closet.
such nincompoops
Great post, we put crazy maintenance/care into the car before and after track events as well, so true!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

I was tempted, but did not bite - and not because of this crap on RL - but because of the the need for back seats after a talk with my daughter who is 4, mind you, and our new one who is yet to arrive, adding another 2 seater only, would not be a good idea. (i already have 2 of those and my DD is a Defender 90 which does have a back seat but is not really "practical" for real life (if you have owned one you will understand what i mean), so after soul searching some i'll be in the market for a 997 turbo or an E90 M3 instead. This car should go to somebody who will will track it.

i would have no issues buying this car as long as it checks out in real life (PPI, etc) to what i was considering the baseline.

if your bashing martin for disclosure..... then your an idiot, he fully disclosed everything on the forums.... (use search if unsure).

unless there is proof (which there isn't from eveything i have seen) then get off the tread and go troll somewhere else.

Martin - all the best on this.... too many trolls about lately.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts

Hey Martin,

I would have loved to buy your car if I had the cash. It's insane for people to doubt what you say without calling Chase themselves.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar#12
(i already have 2 of those and my DD is a Defender 90 which does have a back seat but is not really "practical" for real life (if you have owned one you will understand what i mean)

OT -- you dd a defender and you have a 964 US Cup? Are you allergic to Kryptonite too, because you are reading stangley like my hero...

(sold my 97 D90SW a few years back)

Quick Reply: **** on Martin Bishop's car sale thread