Sponsored by:

FS 04 GT3 Price dropped from 57K - $48K

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:40 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
If I may decifer the photos, it clearly looks like Dell has lost his mind!!!!

Dell's History: Had 1st child, thinking about selling GT3

Sold the GT3

Bought the RSA to race.

Wife is expecting again

Dell Sells the RSA

Don't know if wife has given birth, but whatever, Dell loses his mind waiting and is building a Spec Boxster to go racing again.

If a car is built and needs only maintanence, Dell is not happy

If a car needs to be built, Dell is happy again.

Any questions?
Pete, you know me better than I know myself!

Baby #2 is due in November during a 3-day event at VIR

Building the cars is 1/2 the fun! But there is no way I have come ot the level of John (mooty) or Matt (930man). Those guys have me beat hands down in the car ownership department. If we were smart we would have opened a race car dealership. Matt's local to me and John could be an absentee owner and run out satellite office in the bay area.

I promise, as long as the SPBOX series gains steam here on the right coast, I'll be in it for a long time to come.....
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM
8ringcircus
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Martin: Email sent. Please call if you can @ 415.990.2642
Old 07-24-2009, 11:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,490 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell

Building the cars is 1/2 the fun! But there is no way I have come ot the level of John (mooty) or Matt (930man). Those guys have me beat hands down in the car ownership department. If we were smart we would have opened a race car dealership. Matt's local to me and John could be an absentee owner and run out satellite office in the bay area.

I promise, as long as the SPBOX series gains steam here on the right coast, I'll be in it for a long time to come.....
we have to grow the SPBOX/BSR series. it's a NATIONAL class and it's in NASA GTS and i think in some sort of SCCA too. cheap to get into!

no, no... i am not matt. he's WAY OUT THERE.

baby born during VIR 3 day event? pick a closer hospital to VIR, it does't take 3 days to give birth, i hope not. i showed up 2 hours before with my laptop surfing on RL of course. then i got really bore b/c nothing was happening after induction..... while in the room, i promptly bought another car..... hahaha.. then max arrived. max knows the car is for him!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:56 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Great car and outstanding price. If the wife wasn't sick......

Free bump anyhow. Good luck on a quick sale.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty
we have to grow the SPBOX/BSR series. it's a NATIONAL class and it's in NASA GTS and i think in some sort of SCCA too. cheap to get into!

baby born during VIR 3 day event? pick a closer hospital to VIR, it does't take 3 days to give birth, i hope not. i showed up 2 hours before with my laptop surfing on RL of course. then i got really bore b/c nothing was happening after induction..... while in the room, i promptly bought another car..... hahaha.. then max arrived. max knows the car is for him!
OMFG hahahahaha !!!!

Dell congrats man, see you in November, we'll go for a ride in my 2 with you piloting if you would like
Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
"Is he like a dealer or wholesale guy?" asked my friend after meeting mooty at the track and talking cars for about 5 minutes.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:10 PM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

pm sent pls call tomorrow morning 630 330 6835

thanks
mike
Old 07-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Proceed with caution.
The mail that I was forwarded by Martin from Chase includes a phone number that comes up as a scam related hit on Google;
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-347-4960
Furthermore, that number is not listed on Chase's website as a contact phone number;
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...ts/page/phone2
in fact, according to that website, Chase does not have any 1-866-xxx-xxxx numbers at all.

Hopefully it's nothing, but he's also failed to answer two questions I've asked him here -are the stock seats included, and do you know anything about the front splitter being missing.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no idea on the condition of the car but it doesn't sound like a scam to me. Martin has a couple hundred posts over a five year period. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:34 AM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the link you posted, but the number they gave is for Chase in Houston Texas I believe. Happy to send what they sent me to anyone interested. Also sorry I missed your email. The CS seats are all that I have. The front bumper is the cup version. I do not have the splitter but they are only about $100 at the dealer. Mine went flying off one day and never went back on properly, so it was removed but not replaced yet
Old 07-25-2009, 05:38 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

I don't see a problem with proceeding with this transaction. It's obvious that the bank is allowing the sale because the seller is unable to pay the full loan amount. Whether the seller is liable for the deficiency is of no consequence.

As long as the buyer receives the title & GT3 at time of payment there should be no problem. I would just be sure that the lien shows to be released (on the title).

Originally Posted by Ahmet
Proceed with caution.
The mail that I was forwarded by Martin from Chase includes a phone number that comes up as a scam related hit on Google;
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-347-4960
Furthermore, that number is not listed on Chase's website as a contact phone number;
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...ts/page/phone2
in fact, according to that website, Chase does not have any 1-866-xxx-xxxx numbers at all.

Hopefully it's nothing, but he's also failed to answer two questions I've asked him here -are the stock seats included, and do you know anything about the front splitter being missing.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I just passed along what I had came across, you can draw your own conclusions. Currently my gut feeling is also that it's "probably OK", but I'm in no rush and there are others out there...
Old 07-25-2009, 07:45 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,490 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
"Is he like a dealer or wholesale guy?" asked my friend after meeting mooty at the track and talking cars for about 5 minutes.
i only deal and whole illegal substance
Old 07-26-2009, 07:13 AM
VB997
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell

...I drove Scott's SpBox for several sessions last week at VIR (member event)...fun car!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:40 AM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
I have no idea on the condition of the car but it doesn't sound like a scam to me. Martin has a couple hundred posts over a five year period. Just my 2 cents.
Seriously? Post count is related to credibility?

Quick Reply: FS 04 GT3 Price dropped from 57K - $48K