Sponsored by:

'19 GT2 RS vs 2003 996 tt

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 11:10 PM
kkabba
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by pancing
I was in disbelief myself, which is why i was a bit doubtful in op's encounter until it happened to me today on a last quick run before storing my car in prep for dorian. Like 02996x50 said in his op the guy may been threatened and thought i wanted to race off the line.

I dunno man maybe some gt owners dont acknowledge nom gt cars?

Ive certainly seen it at the citrus pca meet.
Which is why i dont go to that one anymore.
So your theory is that a 500HP GT3/RS driver was threatened by whatever you were driving off the line and gave you a middle finger?

You don't think that to be far fetched?
Old 08-29-2019, 11:15 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by kkabba
So your theory is that a 500HP GT3/RS driver was threatened by whatever you were driving off the line and gave you a middle finger?

You don't think that to be far fetched?
Uh yeah like i said i was in disbelief about what happend to op until it happened to me dude.

So yeah to you i get it that its farfetched.

Just like someone throwing coffee on your porsche while sitting at a stop sign in broad daylight far fetched.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:20 PM
kkabba
Racer

Originally Posted by pancing
Uh yeah like i said i was in disbelief about what happend to op until it happened to me dude.

So yeah to you i get it that its farfetched.

Just like someone throwing coffee on your porsche while sitting at a stop sign in broad daylight far fetched.
A guy driving a $300-500k RS giving you the finger is even more far fetched than a regular pedestrian jealously throwing coffee at you for driving a $50k car to be honest.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:27 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 205 Posts

A guy driving a $300-500k RS giving you the finger is even more far fetched than a regular pedestrian jealously throwing coffee at you for driving a $50k car to be honest.
I didnt think gt3rs were that much but okay.
I understand that you think its farfetched and that you dont believe me. No worries.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:53 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 125 Posts

Not 50mph - but it was race school and close to freezing temp and the girl still was out there
I had some great laps one day last year in near freezing temp, until it started to snow.
Are you planning to club race it?
How much time you cut off your GT4 laps with this beast?
Old 08-30-2019, 12:15 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Seriously - why would a person give a middle finger after a complement with regards to his car?

Seems far fetched honestly.
agree. the most one might (un?)reasonably expect from someone "looking down upon" a "cousin", with any degree of "disdain" would be what i got. it's kind of like the mobile version of extending your hand upon meeting someone, and they "leave you hanging" lol

i was the one "switching" fingers and gears once i realized i had been slighted and i was actually momentarily "embarrassed". ( miffed? ). whatever.

it's truly disconcerting to deliberately "compliment" someone, only to have them reject the compliment, outright. i don't know that had ever happened to me before. i've seen and/or or met 1000's of porsche drivers on mulholland over the last 50 years.

that was indeed, a literal first.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:33 PM
kkabba
Racer

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
I had some great laps one day last year in near freezing temp, until it started to snow.
Are you planning to club race it?
How much time you cut off your GT4 laps with this beast?
The 2RS for me is still a work in progress to get to drive it anywhere near its track potential - throttle inputs need to be perfect to not unsettle the car and go in violent oversteer. Car hunts me a bit to be honest but trying to figure out the alignment settings for me with my shop.

So far I've shaved 4 seconds off my local track (Mosport) from my heavily modded GT4 and likely have 4 seconds left in my hand or 8 seconds with a race car driver whipping it around. My fastest is 1:28 with regular cup 2's, 2RS has track record for a production car at 1:22 with cup 2 r's and it was the race car driver's first time at the track (Lars Kern)
Old 08-31-2019, 04:54 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 125 Posts

The 2RS for me is still a work in progress to get to drive it anywhere near its track potential - throttle inputs need to be perfect to not unsettle the car and go in violent oversteer. Car hunts me a bit to be honest but trying to figure out the alignment settings for me with my shop.

So far I've shaved 4 seconds off my local track (Mosport) from my heavily modded GT4 and likely have 4 seconds left in my hand or 8 seconds with a race car driver whipping it around. My fastest is 1:28 with regular cup 2's, 2RS has track record for a production car at 1:22 with cup 2 r's and it was the race car driver's first time at the track (Lars Kern)
Great looking track, sound like you're getting it down pretty well already to be only 6 sec off Lars with lesser tires. Looked at some lap times there and Jacky Ickx did 1:17 in qualifying for 1969 GP, wonder how different the track was.

Had a similar scenario this June at Pacific when Alex Riberas set 1:19 production lap record in the yellow one I put a pic of. That's a solid 10 sec off the fastest DE day times here.

Pretty sure Cantrell Motorsports set up the car for the record, may be a resource for you and your shop to get settings dialed. They've set-up several GT2rs' and a ton of newer GT3 stuff around here.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:41 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Hell, he probably looked at your headlights and didn’t even realize it’s a Porsche.
The following 2 users liked this post by FRUNKenstein:
ipman (09-05-2019), pfbz (09-01-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 10:51 AM
FASTTRIP
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I want to thank all of you guys for stepping up and buying these cars new, without you, I would of never had the pleasure of owning a 996 Turbo or would of any of the people who buy plain cars have the technology in their everyday drivers that comes from these awesome machines.i dream of the day I can drive a 911 GT2 RS and cherish it. So keep on buying. Salute
Old 09-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,019 Likes on 1,268 Posts

Anybody who thinks their money, status, and / or things make them better than anyone else, are F'ng Oxygen Thieves in my book. I have NO time for them in my life.

If he was being a snob, he can go suck on the business end of an AK for all I care.

OP, you did the right thing and we need more down to earth real people in the world. Not more elite wastes of space.
The following users liked this post:
"02996ttx50 (09-01-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
If he was being a snob, he can go suck on the business end of an AK for all I care.
Wow, that's harsh.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock
Wow, that's harsh.

A little maybe... But deal with Chitbags like we do on a daily basis and you realize that there are a lot of people walking around these days not contributing anything positive to Life on this planet.

I just have NO toleration for arrogant and Snoby people that put other down and think they are better than everyone else.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

A little maybe...
More than a little IMO.

But deal with Chitbags like we do on a daily basis and you realize that there are a lot of people walking around these days not contributing anything positive to Life on this planet.
The last time I checked, that is not against the law.

I just have NO toleration for arrogant and Snoby people that put other down and think they are better than everyone else.
I can see that.

You may want to rethink your position(s), based on the work you do.

The GT2RS guy described in the first post of this thread could well have misinterpreted the "thumbs up" as a "I'm ready to run you". I bet that there's a high probability he has to deal with drivers attempting to "run him in his GT2RS" pretty often. That kind of stuff gets old, and the best way to avoid the situation is to just blow the "racers" off. Read = ignore them. There is nothing I know of in local, state, or federal law that prevents him from doing this, and suggesting he "suck on the business end of an AK" because of his legal attitude is over the top.....IMO.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:53 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock
More than a little IMO.

The last time I checked, that is not against the law.

I can see that.

You may want to rethink your position(s), based on the work you do.

The GT2RS guy described in the first post of this thread could well have misinterpreted the "thumbs up" as a "I'm ready to run you". I bet that there's a high probability he has to deal with drivers attempting to "run him in his GT2RS" pretty often. That kind of stuff gets old, and the best way to avoid the situation is to just blow the "racers" off. Read = ignore them. There is nothing I know of in local, state, or federal law that prevents him from doing this, and suggesting he "suck on the business end of an AK" because of his legal attitude is over the top.....IMO.

Okay Dock! lol

I just like Good People vs Snobs and horrible people dude!!

I have a 13+ year impeccable record with only ONE citizen complaint in all that time for asking the lady if she was calling me a "dumba$$" after explaining to her Twice why she was at fault for an accident and she proceeded to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about. She was basically lying to me to try to not get a citation.

I do fine on the job and my record shows that. I just despise horrible people!!

Stop taking things so literally. lol.
But, fact is, if horrible people "off" themselves, I'm not going to miss them one bit. It just means it's less calls for service we get and less chance some horrible person has to try to kill me or another officer.

Last edited by Big Swole; 09-01-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Quick Reply: '19 GT2 RS vs 2003 996 tt