Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first track day in the turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 04:38 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 366 Posts

I haven't made them but for my swimming pool, plastic threads don't need anything to be leakproof. you could use teflon tape if worried.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:34 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I haven't made them but for my swimming pool, plastic threads don't need anything to be leakproof. you could use teflon tape if worried.
You are correct. Worked like a charm. Found my boost leak pretty quickly, and ordered a new after market f-hose. Mine was toast...

Old 11-02-2020, 11:03 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Got the new f-pipe in. That was a pain...

Can you guys spot the hole in my old f-pipe?

Old 11-09-2020, 07:28 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Our cars do not need a tranny cooler unless your a serious track/racer. Anyone that is amateur doing 30 min or less sessions with breaks in between shouldn't consider one. Change your tranny fluid every 1-2 years depending on the amount of days you do.
Our transmissions do suffer from classic pinion bearing falilure; symptoms include sound similar to a bad bearing noise/whine/whirl and it appeared ONLY under acceleration. Noise was not there when coasting or decelerating in gear. When the gas pedal is pressed even slightly it will produce the noise again, immediately. As it wears it will cause more issues like wont go in gear sometimes when down shifting, won't leave gear unless you rev the rpm up to get it out.

I check all the rubber hoses from cracks I suspect you have a leak somewhere. The inter cooler hoses behind the wheel liner at the bottom rear of the wheels I've had issues with.

I have original motor and tranny mounts 140k km on it and out of those the car is only used to drive to and from the track and mechanic so at least 1/2 the mileage is just track
Is that a per gear issue with the whine or all gears?
Old 11-10-2020, 07:43 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 951_RS
Is that a per gear issue with the whine or all gears?
all gears and only requires just a tiny bit a throttle, it goes away off throttle

Quick Reply: My first track day in the turbo