Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 Turbo Catalog: Show us and describe your Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 02:12 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,465 Posts
Default 996 Turbo Catalog: Show us and describe your Turbo!

Purpose of the thread: Show us and tell us a bit about your 996 Turbo!

Maybe follow a format similar to below?
  • Forum name and what do you use your Turbo for? [eg: PFBZ's Weekend Canyon Blaster]
  • Year, Body style, Transmission [eg: 2001 Coupe 6-speed]
  • Exterior/interior [eg: Arctic Silver over Black]
  • Some key factory options [eg: 2001 front bumperette deletes, not many options in 2001]
  • Year acquired? [eg: 2017]
  • Current Mileage, and how many you've put on? [eg" ~70,000, ~20,000]
  • List of key modifications: [eg: long list]
  • Future mods: [eg: GT3 calipers]
  • Other info?
  • A few good pictures

Also, maybe try to avoid quoting an ENTIRE post with pictures, etc. just to say something like 'nice car!' as it clogs up the tread? Perhaps just like the post instead!

Last edited by pfbz; 12-30-2021 at 02:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bernard IV (12-31-2021)

Popular Reply

12-31-2021, 03:01 AM
Bernard IV
Three Wheelin'

Received 364 Likes on 255 Posts

My car is a 2001 6 speed Arctic Silver over black with the mini carbon interior kit. I bought mine in late 2011 for $38,000 with 50k miles when these things were really out of favor. Currently at 65k miles. My car was a daily for someone so it is a little rough, more of a car to be driven and enjoyed rather than a show car or something. It has a few dings and the interior has some wear. I fixed it up quite a bit so it is a nice car overall.

Sad story. I did the whole K24 hybrid turbos and exhaust in 2013 and blew up the engine. I think I had some poor fuel and it wound up lifting a head and sucking in water. It hydrolocked one cylinder and blew out the bottom end. I let the car sit in my garage for almost 2 years before I did anything about it. Pretty depressing as I was still making payments on it at that time. I decided to tear down the old motor and sell what I could and then find a pull out motor from a wrecked car. I had experience building motorcycle engines so I figured I would be good to take it apart at least. The whole bottom end was trashed. My heads and cylinder housings were all still good. After getting familiar with the engine and the repair manual I thought if I could find a case I could build an engine myself with some upgrades. I found a nice set of cases on ebay and began to collect parts. On 6speed at that time there were a lot of guys building low mileage motors so I was able to get a bunch of really nice low mileage parts for pretty reasonable prices. I found a nice crankshaft and had it polished and balanced. Mark B from Jersey, (think he works with AIM) built his motor at 20k miles so I took his 997 Turbo pistons, liners, oil pump, and lifters. The parts all looked near new so I famously put them all together myself and really built a solid engine with Pauter rods and 12mm head studs. Here is that thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ld-thread.html The engine has been perfect. I've been driving the car for a few years now after that and am enjoying it. I put some Feal coilovers, sways, and a nice set of HRE wheels. I have an SRM fuel pump setup that I had some issues with but I've got it all figured out now. I'm going to try to do a bit of tracking next year, we'll see how things go. I have a farm and live at work so I don't really drive it often. I'm in Idaho which is an amazing place to have a car like this. Roads are wide open and smooth, law enforcement is light.

Mods:
Engine: Pauter rods, 12mm ARP studs, 997 Turbo pistons, 997 liners, 997 lifters, K24 billet turbos, Markski soft intake pipe setup, 3 inch catless exhaust, 997.2 RS intercoolers, welded coolant lines, Protomotive tuned.
Transmission: Spec stage 2+ clutch, GT2 clutch hydraulics.
Fuel: 60lb injectors, SRM brushless fuel pump setup.
Suspension: Feal 441+ coilovers with about 600lb front and 900lb rear springs. Eibach sway bars. 350mm rotors with spacers. HRE 560C wheels.
Interior: Sparco QRT Performance seats.

Old 12-30-2021, 02:31 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,465 Posts

PFBZ's Canyon Blaster and Occasional Track Day 996 Turbo.

Sorted and tweaked to provide maximum fun for weekend drives and occasional track days, with more emphasis on canyons and mountain twisties than pure track use...
  • 2001 six speed coupe, Arctic Silver over Black.
  • Pretty basic build from factory (not many options as an early build 2001 model year, but fortunately had the front bumperette deletes.
  • ~75K miles, ~16K or so mine since 2017

Notable mods:
  • Suspension: Bilstien B8 and H&R sport springs, Apex wheels with GT2 wheel/tire sizes, Eibach adjustable sways, high camber alignment.
  • Drivetrain: Cobb tune, stock turbos, tweaked waste gates, pressure tested and sorted regularly. 350mm slotted rotors with caliper spacers and GT3RS brake ducts. GT2 clutch disk and clutch hydraulics conversion. 997 GT3 short shift console, Titanium catless exhaust.
  • Interior: Sparco QRT-C Performance seats, painted console, custom alcantara wheel, auto-blip, Sony carplay double DIN

Future mods:
  • Thinking about a possible wrap just to change things up a bit, would like to move to GT3 front calipers. Also want to install a safety-switch PSM full defeat on the dash instead of having to unplug it at the master cylinder.
Other notes:
This car IMHO is an absolute BLAST to drive in the mountain twisties! Perfectly sorted for such IMHO... Power comes on early and evenly, traction out of corners is amazing, braking performance and feel (on road) sublime. Seats were a recent and huge upgrade, it's amazing how much you can put into not sliding around in your seat (even subconsciously) and how much more focused you can be on actually driving once in a seat that holds you in place....
Holds its own on the track, though do get a bit of brake judder if I really start pushing the brakes on track without switching to track pads first. One of the reasons I'm considering the GT3 front calipers.

(Need to take a few better interior pictures)

Added a new interior pic...

Last edited by pfbz; 12-31-2021 at 09:56 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by pfbz:
Bernard IV (12-31-2021), FRUNKenstein (12-30-2021), pirahna (12-30-2021), Rambler_13 (12-30-2021), SOS (01-01-2022)
Old 12-30-2021, 03:19 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

I kinda just did this in the "Dream 996tt" thread a few minutes ago, but what the hell . . .

Options:
446 Wheel Caps with Colored Crest (now gone)
696 AM/FM Radio with CD Player (also now gone)
AH Black Full Leather
G1 Guards Red Top
M6A Black Mats - Porsche lettering
P14 Heated Front Seats Package
P78 Sport Seats w/Full Leather Int
X50 Engine Performance Package
X54 Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes
X70 Metal Door Sill Model Insignia
X71 Aluminum Instrument Dials
XSA Sport Seats Painted To Match
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
XSX Seat Belts - Guards Red
Y06 Alum/Lthr Shifter/Brake Handle
Z099 ALL exclusive opts dev stitch
Z84 Stitch F/R Seats - Dev. Color
Z88 Door & Dash Stitch - Dev Color
Window Sticker: $141,960

Mods:
Misha GT2 "Add On" Spoiler
Double DIN Kenwood stereo
LED taillights & sidemarkers
Flow One Race Spec F2 wheels
Rennkit eRams, 4" Superfast
Agency Power 1.0 bar wastegate actuators
REVO tune
Fabspeed exhaust
Speedtech headers
100 cell cats
Billet bypass valves
EVOMS intake
Upgraded throttle body
5 bar fuel pressure regulator and updated injectors
Bilstein coilover kit
Built-in Passport radar detector with laser diffuser/jammer
Schild Lid Liner
LED interior, frunk & engine bay bulbs

I put a deposit down on it on September 7, 2015. Bought it New York City from a banker who worked for JP Morgan Chase. It had just been advertised on eBay for a few hours when I placed a $1,000 non-refundable deposit on it as I knew it wouldn't last until I could fly out to NYC to inspect it. Good thing, too, because Jalopnik featured it in an article two days later, and the seller said his phone went nuts with people trying to buy it. Saw the car in person for the first time on September 12, 2015, at his office at 48th Street & Park Ave, in front of Grand Central Station and across the street from the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I remember thinking:

Anyhow, most of the mods listed above were done by the first owner. He owned a construction company in Atlanta, where it was bought new from Jim Ellis - Atlanta (now Porsche Atlanta Perimeter). The banker I bought it from was the 2nd owner. He said that the first owner drove it directly to a Porsche tuner in Atlanta, where he spent $40,000 on modifications. When I bought it, it had a Porsche Tequipment roll bar, a very tall racing shifter and blacked-out taillights (I got rid of all 3). The 2nd owner had replaced the original wheels with some OZ Racing wheels. I replaced the OZ wheels with the current Flow One wheels shown in the pic above. I kept the OZ Racing wheels and put a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 all-season tires on them so I can drive the car year-round. Biggest mods I've done have been the eRams and the LED taillights. I am very pleased with both of those mods.

I bought the car with 48,020 miles on it. It has 65,000 miles on it now, so just over 17,000 miles in 6+ years. I've autocrossed it 4 times, but haven't tracked it yet, other than doing some pretty spirited "parade laps" on a KCRPCA track weekend.

Last edited by FRUNKenstein; 12-30-2021 at 06:58 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by FRUNKenstein:
Jetbox (12-31-2021), pfbz (12-30-2021), Rambler_13 (12-31-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 03:21 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,428 Likes on 784 Posts

A Diamond in the Rough
2001 Coupe 6-speed
Lapis Blue, Savanna Beige with black carpet
Sport seats with color matched backs, no front bumperettes. Fairly low optioned car, no heated seats, Bose stereo, etc.
Purchased in 2019 with 106k miles on it. Currently a little under 113k miles.

Backstory: I bought the car as a non-runner (seized water pump) that was in good mechanical condition but needed some aesthetic TLC and some catch-up maintenance. I am also a perpetual tinkerer and modifier, so think of it as a resto-mod of sorts. The "theme" of the car is ultimate street car/low budget super car.

Key modifications include Brombacher K24 "Race" turbos, one bar wastegates, Markski 1.3 bar MAFless tune, fender well intakes, 997.2 Intercoolers, 997.2 all wheel drive swap with standalone differential controller, 350mm brake upgrade (spacers with factory calipers), custom built 3" exhaust with helmholtz chambers, JIC suspension, Sachs 2.5 clutch with Aasco lightweight flywheel. Lots of additional smaller things.

Future Mods: Billet K24s from Markski, custom Y-pipe, fresh paint(?)

The following 7 users liked this post by Capt. Obvious:
blazen244 (01-13-2022), CRYSTALCLEAR (12-31-2021), FRUNKenstein (12-30-2021), Jetbox (12-31-2021), LinwoodM (12-30-2021), pfbz (12-31-2021), Rambler_13 (12-30-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-30-2021, 04:44 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

· Rambler_13

· 2001, Coupe, 6-speed

· Guards Red/natural grey (basically black)

· Some key factory options: Delete Front Bumperettes, Sport seats, Seat Belts - Guards Red, Alum/Lthr Shifter/Brake Handle

· Year acquired? 2018

· Current Mileage, and how many you've put on? 19k, 8k put on by me

· List of key modifications: HRE 540 wheels in gloss gold (18X8.5F; 18X12R; 235F/315R tires); KW V3 suspension with some other suspension goodies, i.e. swaybar, drop links; Cobb tune/stock exhaust

· Future mods: Good for now, maybe numeric shifter or exhaust

· Other info? coolant lines pinned; clear film over key impact areas

Last edited by Rambler_13; 12-30-2021 at 04:55 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Rambler_13:
Bernard IV (01-01-2022), Freddie Two Bs (12-31-2021), FRUNKenstein (12-30-2021), Jetbox (12-31-2021), pfbz (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 03:01 AM
Bernard IV
Three Wheelin'

Received 364 Likes on 255 Posts

My car is a 2001 6 speed Arctic Silver over black with the mini carbon interior kit. I bought mine in late 2011 for $38,000 with 50k miles when these things were really out of favor. Currently at 65k miles. My car was a daily for someone so it is a little rough, more of a car to be driven and enjoyed rather than a show car or something. It has a few dings and the interior has some wear. I fixed it up quite a bit so it is a nice car overall.

Sad story. I did the whole K24 hybrid turbos and exhaust in 2013 and blew up the engine. I think I had some poor fuel and it wound up lifting a head and sucking in water. It hydrolocked one cylinder and blew out the bottom end. I let the car sit in my garage for almost 2 years before I did anything about it. Pretty depressing as I was still making payments on it at that time. I decided to tear down the old motor and sell what I could and then find a pull out motor from a wrecked car. I had experience building motorcycle engines so I figured I would be good to take it apart at least. The whole bottom end was trashed. My heads and cylinder housings were all still good. After getting familiar with the engine and the repair manual I thought if I could find a case I could build an engine myself with some upgrades. I found a nice set of cases on ebay and began to collect parts. On 6speed at that time there were a lot of guys building low mileage motors so I was able to get a bunch of really nice low mileage parts for pretty reasonable prices. I found a nice crankshaft and had it polished and balanced. Mark B from Jersey, (think he works with AIM) built his motor at 20k miles so I took his 997 Turbo pistons, liners, oil pump, and lifters. The parts all looked near new so I famously put them all together myself and really built a solid engine with Pauter rods and 12mm head studs. Here is that thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ld-thread.html The engine has been perfect. I've been driving the car for a few years now after that and am enjoying it. I put some Feal coilovers, sways, and a nice set of HRE wheels. I have an SRM fuel pump setup that I had some issues with but I've got it all figured out now. I'm going to try to do a bit of tracking next year, we'll see how things go. I have a farm and live at work so I don't really drive it often. I'm in Idaho which is an amazing place to have a car like this. Roads are wide open and smooth, law enforcement is light.

Mods:
Engine: Pauter rods, 12mm ARP studs, 997 Turbo pistons, 997 liners, 997 lifters, K24 billet turbos, Markski soft intake pipe setup, 3 inch catless exhaust, 997.2 RS intercoolers, welded coolant lines, Protomotive tuned.
Transmission: Spec stage 2+ clutch, GT2 clutch hydraulics.
Fuel: 60lb injectors, SRM brushless fuel pump setup.
Suspension: Feal 441+ coilovers with about 600lb front and 900lb rear springs. Eibach sway bars. 350mm rotors with spacers. HRE 560C wheels.
Interior: Sparco QRT Performance seats.

Last edited by Bernard IV; 12-31-2021 at 03:18 AM.
The following 14 users liked this post by Bernard IV:
blazen244 (01-13-2022), Capt. Obvious (12-31-2021), Carlo_Carrera (12-31-2021), Dingo (12-31-2021), FRUNKenstein (12-31-2021), Hellraiser944 (12-31-2021), Jetbox (12-31-2021), kamlung (01-03-2022), moburki (12-31-2021), pfbz (12-31-2021), pirahna (12-31-2021), rael (01-12-2022), Rambler_13 (12-31-2021), Testdr (01-01-2022) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-31-2021, 01:06 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

2004 996TT Cabriolet 6 speed
Original MSRP about $134K
Lightly optioned: (thankfully no carbon, no wood)
Natural leather
Headrest crest
8 way power seats w/memory
Lumbar R&L
Painted body color center console
Colored crest wheel caps
Hardtop delete

Basalt Black Metallic
Natural Brown full leather
Black Cloth Top

I'm the 3rd owner, purchased for cash April 1, 2011 in Las Vegas
Mileage at purchase 14450 Current Mileage 38000
Car was purchased as a pleasure vehicle only and competes with a Porsche Boxster, several motorcycles, hiking, climbing and peak bagging
Previously done mods:
Sirus XM Radio
Stealth Radar Detector w/ F+R receivers
Chromed Stock Wheels
Lloyds Black mats with logo

Mods I did:
Traded smoked side markers from wife's Boxster for my ambers.
Black 18" light weight Victor Innsbruck wheels, 11', 8"
KW V1 Coilovers set to 1 3/4 lower
Eibart rear adj sway bar
Adj rear dog bones (DIY made up)
RWD conversion, F diff, cardon shaft removal, axle removal
Remove clutch pedal booster spring
Porsche B&M short shifter
Aluminum Pedals
Battery tender
Always up rear spoiler

What I've done:
Removed the Turbo script emblem and replaced with a black 911
Installed a new accumulator
Install shifter
Removed and installed coilovers, sway bar, made and installed rear dog bones
Driveway alignment
Experimented with rake angles to improve handling
RWD conversion
Oil changes and services
Repair brake light switch
Solid ram internal lift for rear spoiler, pump removal

Other stuff:
I looked for a TT for nearly a year, having previously owned a '99 C2 Cab for 7 years. Several pics of it in "996 Essential Companion".
I had PPI's done on several TT's before choosing and buying my car.
My car has been driven in the rain probably twice, parked all day in the sun less than half a dozen times since I've owned it.
My brake pads are the ones that came with the car, same with the windshield wipers. I have replaced 2 front spoilers.
My clutch, PP, trans are all original, never slipped out of 2nd gear.
My car has no door or fender dings, no body or paint work, undercarriage still looks new, no corrosion, etc.
Rear spoiler has been repaired twice, once by previous owner and once by me. I finally removed the hydraulics,
after my second repair and made a solid mount. Hydraulics were saved for next owner.
My exhaust is stock and my car is not nor never has been chipped or the ECM fooled with.

I'm happy to report my car has been extremely reliable and has never been to the dealer for service or repair.
Currently, everything works as it should, except the rear spoiler. The car handles terrific and is awesome to drive. I seldom push the car hard and don't really have to, to enjoy it.
I roadraced GSXR's, one a Superbike for nearly a decade and can't go fast enough safely on public roads or even in the canyons to get a healthy adrenalin rush. I have, however
banged passengers around and had them screaming several times.

I've had my car in the 150-160 MPH range several times in the west desert here and saw 167 on the speedo once on I-80 where there was no other traffic around except a new
Camaro way back in my rear view mirror.
I've never had a traffic citation in this car.

After a wash

Installing KWV1 coilovers, showing off my clean undercarriage, a few years after buying the car.

Last edited by nick49; 12-31-2021 at 07:39 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by nick49:
blazen244 (01-13-2022), FRUNKenstein (12-31-2021), pfbz (12-31-2021), SOS (01-01-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 06:03 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 584 Likes on 370 Posts

My fun weekend car, usually when I am by myself and need to blow off some steam.
2002 Coupe 6 spd manual MSRP $124,360
Carrera white with graphite grey leather and deviating black carpets and black stitching
Full leather sport seats including leather backs and crests, carbon package.
Acquired in 2021 with ever receipt since new
Bought with 35,500 miles, current miles are 36kish
Current mods:
Tons of carbon fiber on the interior. PSS10's. OEM GT3 style wheels in the WB offset painted dark grey with spacers. Aerokit spoilers front and rear. Cobb stage one and a bunch pf other stuff. Factory thickened black steering wheel.
Future mods: Maybe a Europipe and a custom Cobb tune by Sambo, that's about it. I'm really happy with the car in its current state.

My fun car for when I'm out with my wife. She thinks of it as her car even though she won't drive it and hasn't driven a stick since she got her license.
2004 Cab 6 spd manual MSRP $136,630
Seal grey with black leather
Sport techno wheels, heated seats, short shift kit and thicker steering wheel
Acquired in 2017 from the original owner that custom ordered it and had ever receipt since new. It was used as a commuter vehicle between Los Gatos and San Francisco it's whole life until I bought it.
Bought with 130K miles, current miles are 132kish
Current mods: Absolutely nothing, bone stock
Future mods: Absolutely nothing, staying stock unless I find a great deal on a set of heated black sport seats

Last edited by pirahna; 12-31-2021 at 06:10 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by pirahna:
Bernard IV (12-31-2021), Carlo_Carrera (12-31-2021), FRUNKenstein (12-31-2021), jpflip (12-31-2021), moburki (01-04-2022), pfbz (12-31-2021), rael (01-01-2022), Rambler_13 (01-01-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-31-2021, 08:06 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,879 Likes on 2,953 Posts

Unicorn

2003 Seal Gray over black full leather X50, PCCBs, Sport Seats, PCM, 6 speed, MSRP $234,000 CDN

History

I have known the car since the day it was delivered, bought it from my boss in 2018 - when I received it, it had 75kms, now 91kms. Boss used it to carry his Doggu and shot guns around, only put 5kms on it annually. As the car was used in this manner as more of a daily driven dog/gun transport unit, I was fully cognizant that it required some restoration, which was reflected in the purchase price.

The Restoration, to date...

Body

Not quite sure how he managed to do this, but the OEM front cover was completely buggered, as were two of the under car covers. They were replaced with an NR Auto GT2 front cover, Rennline grills and OEM under panels. A great deal of time was spent polishing out the body and it was ceramic coated. An FVD carbon GT2 deck lid and hood are in its future, as is a respray of the rear bumper cover. The HIDs were replaced with fresh bulbs. Factory hydraulics were toast, so a 3" Rennkit went in. Both side skirts had damaged and were replaced; the drivers side was then replaced again after I destroyed the new one trying to install it.

Suspension

The stock suspension died under previous ownership and the car was delivered with Bilstein PSS9s. The bushings squeaked and were toast, so they were replaced with Eibach sways and Tarrett adjustable end links.

Brakes

The PCCBs showed minimal wear, however the rear pads were noticeably tapered. Motul brake fluid, new pads, pucks and caliper hardware were installed, along with braided steel lines.

Interior

The PCM worked, however, only showed the date of January 1 2000 and read 1200AM, always. It was replaced with a Pioneer head unit, new door speakers and new amps - the factory units were boxed. The center console was replace with an Exclusive Option leather one, and a flat bottomed wheel was installed. @sdematt very kindly sold me an almost perfect set of new sport seats. An Escort laser jammer is installed, along with an Escort Redline windshield mounted unit and a Rennline shift **** rounds out the interior.

Transmission, Part 1...

The clutch was toast, most likely due to the boss' continual driving around in 6th at 30mph. The shifter was absolute garbage, so a B/M was installed to compliment the UMW GT3RS4.0 clutch and LWFW. FF01 urethane tranny insert was used to tighten the feel. A GBOX detent was also installed, along with a BBi slave - accumulator was removed.

Transmission, Part 2...

Vancouver Porsche informed me that the PO had not done a recall he received on the tranny. Why, who knows and although there was no obvious problem with the box, it really bothered me that there could be. Plus, I wanted an LSD, so a call to Brian at CMS and several thousand dollars later, a newly rebuilt gearbox with a Wavetraq, GT2RS 1 - 3rd gears, Numeric shifter cables and 964RS engine mounts arrived on my doorstep. It eats expensive Motul tranny fluid; best mod to date.

Cooling

I was aware that one of the rads were leaking, so all were replaced with CSF units. As were the hoses, and fresh coolant. A new water pump was put in as a preventive maintenance measure.

Fueling

The first service revealed that it was highly unlikely the fuel filter had ever been changed, so, new injectors, 5 bar FPR, Radium Fuel pump were installed.

Induction

A set of EVOMS ICs were installed, along with their forged diverters, silicon hoses, K and N panel filter, IPD plenum and 75mm TB. I managed to blow up one of the ICs, so a set of AP units were sourced and coated with thermal dispersing coating before installation.

Exhaust

Stock one had to go. So, Speetech headers and 3" cross over exhaust was installed with 50 cell cats.My failing hearing loved the sound and obvious kick in the but increase in power. A problem arose when the STI got an inspection order for being too loud, so I bent and removed the Speedtech exhaust and installed a AP titanium unit, of which the tips were also ceramic coated in satin black. Quieter now...

Engine - Tuning

The car was initially running on the Cobb OTS tune, it was good, but once @SamboTT@ByDesign got his mittens on my logs, it was an entirely different beast.

Engine - Turbos

Currently running the stock K24s, but @powdrhound was kind enough to sell me some super sexy turbos (Sorry @Dock , but they really are sexy), of which I may install this coming season if biz improves, they also have little blankies!. Otherwise, the engine hardware is as it came out of the factory, stock. I also want to build a motor, but I will demonstrate restraint until oil comes back up.

Wheels

I currently have three sets of wheels for it, one of the factory twists has a bend in it that despite trying to straighten, will not. Ti wheel bolts.

Future

Don't tempt me; I am easily influenced. Happy new year too!

Last edited by 2fcknfst; 01-03-2022 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Bourbon made me miss stuff; serves me right for doing this with bourbon.
The following 10 users liked this post by 2fcknfst:
Bernard IV (12-31-2021), blazen244 (01-13-2022), Capt. Obvious (01-01-2022), FRUNKenstein (12-31-2021), jpflip (12-31-2021), pfbz (12-31-2021), rael (01-09-2022), Rambler_13 (12-31-2021), SOS (01-01-2022), Testdr (01-01-2022) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-31-2021, 09:08 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
...super sexy turbos (Sorry @Dock , but they really are sexy)
Turbos "sexy?" I think not.

You know my opinion on this topic...

The following users liked this post:
FRUNKenstein (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 09:10 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It'd be sexier if they were actually center locks...

Nice try though.

Old 12-31-2021, 09:11 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It'd be sexier if they were actually center locks...

Nice try though.

?

There's a car in that picture?
Old 12-31-2021, 09:13 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That made me laugh out loud, thanks, I needed that.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:56 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

2003 Seal Gray over black full leather...
Your Turbo has option code P55?
Old 12-31-2021, 10:58 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Leather steering column, console, lids... but not on the vents or around the the PCM, so maybe, I am not sure of the coding, I would have to go and look.

Quick Reply: 996 Turbo Catalog: Show us and describe your Turbo!