Sponsored by:

What would happen with overheated car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 12:38 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,465 Posts

Note to self:

Don't use "quick lube" places for changing the oil on my Porsches...

Oh wait, haven't used or trusted those places for the last 20 years to even touch my beater pickup, let alone my cherished sports cars. Kind of thought that was common knowledge?
Old 01-26-2023, 03:57 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 672 Likes on 467 Posts
Default It’s the company culture that’s now all about money

Originally Posted by pfbz
Note to self:

Don't use "quick lube" places for changing the oil on my Porsches...

Oh wait, haven't used or trusted those places for the last 20 years to even touch my beater pickup, let alone my cherished sports cars. Kind of thought that was common knowledge?
I have always been extremely careful where I take my cars. On my wife’s c43 good year did a synthetic oil change and then they couldn’t clear the service reminder. Anyway they didn’t charge for the oil change and gave me another free one for future use. That place has done two oil changes on my 99 no issues. That’s how you properly handle issues and customer service. Valvoline is now all about greed. I’m exciting my stock position on the company little by little. Today I had a few beers with a manager of a local Uhaul, pizza and IPAs for lunch. I told her the story, she was thinking about using Valvoline instant oil change, no more. “Note to self I was a Valvoline customer. Stock holder and brand ambassador, no more they got an enemy for life”. I’ll be actually contacting stock analysts. I see a big ticking bomb with their expansion because incompetent unqualified labor and more customers taking legal action. With the complexity of the vehicles going forward this is not looking good.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:25 AM
Asmig
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
I see a big ticking bomb with their expansion because incompetent unqualified labor and more customers taking legal action
Nothing will change with them because every day millions of people just like yourself will think they can handle a simple oil change and not do any research about the locations before going. Their legal department as you also found out is highly effective at preventing any impactful legal actions from ever even happening to them. If anything going forward with new cars sadly there will be no more oil changes as electric drive units are lifetime fill.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:14 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Two ways

Originally Posted by Asmig
Nothing will change with them because every day millions of people just like yourself will think they can handle a simple oil change and not do any research about the locations before going. Their legal department as you also found out is highly effective at preventing any impactful legal actions from ever even happening to them. If anything going forward with new cars sadly there will be no more oil changes as electric drive units are lifetime fill.
There are two ways legally you go about this situation. A full blown lawsuit which is the one that can be drag for years. The lawyers wanted to do a demand letter stating the facts an available evidence. The issue with that was a probable settlement but requiring me to enter an NDA. That was going to work, for my own good as I wasn’t going to stop talking about what happened and showing posting the evidence under the deceptive trade practices law here on in Texas. As there seems to have been no damage to the engine the total law suit will be under $10000. I was told by the two lawyers that advised me with the evidence I have all truth I will win. It only cost $85 to file a small claim suit. What the lawyers said that certain things that I may want to file for like pain and suffering, lack of use, lawyer fees, insurance at 100 percent full coverage and storage could be considered excessive and the judge may not go for all of it or assign what he taught was reasonable. I got all the time in the world to go this route .
Old 01-26-2023, 10:50 AM
Asmig
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
I got all the time in the world to go this route .
Best of luck to you but remember the lawyers are always the only winners.
The following users liked this post:
wdb (01-27-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 11:03 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Not using a lawyer.

Originally Posted by Asmig
Best of luck to you but remember the lawyers are always the only winners.
They already prep me and I’m paying a small fee to a paralegal. Part of it is percentage of recovery. Regarding the oils Valvoline has been concerned about the longer oil changes since forever. While I was there I did a study with the Gm vehicles oil life monitoring devices for the senior Vice President of technology and new products development, the person that actually hire me to go from Conoco to Valvoline, I even did a predictor model on the trend and how drains would continue to go, a bunch of statistics. Technology wise we tested the gm system heavily to really understand how it worked. Anyway remember the saying by pennzoil every three months or 3,000 mile.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:48 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 749 Likes on 522 Posts

We all deserve pain and suffering after this saga and having to read it.
The following 5 users liked this post by s65e90:
bmchan (01-27-2023), Carlo_Carrera (01-26-2023), CRYSTALCLEAR (01-27-2023), pfbz (01-26-2023), PourBoi-Jay (01-26-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 10:48 AM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 618 Posts

Originally Posted by s65e90
We all deserve pain and suffering after this saga and having to read it.
​​​​​​@3/98 911 coupe does like to throw parties. Could be a win-win situation.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:35 PM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 159 Posts

well i gotta hand it to ya @3/98 911 coupe i would have given up any legal action long ago. Trying to fight the big corporations with huge pocketbooks is almost impossible.
good luck I hope you have a favorable outcome.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:53 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default David vs Goliath

Originally Posted by joseph mitro
well i gotta hand it to ya @3/98 911 coupe i would have given up any legal action long ago. Trying to fight the big corporations with huge pocketbooks is almost impossible.
good luck I hope you have a favorable outcome.
I really appreciate your comment. Yes VVV is valued at over 6.1 billion dollars. You sometimes you have to stand up for what is right. Yes I know there could be consequences but saving other people from having to go thru something like these it’s worthy for me. Yes I can be an
ahole, but I have principles. I believe if you can help someone you do it. Personally I donate blood , only (10 percent of Americans do it), I’m also an organ donor in my Texas drivers license and as painful as it was I donated bone marrow. I have been blessed so I believe in giving back, I donate to saint Jude, and the various cancer ones, my father in law and my dad both died of stage 4 cancer. I have been smoke free since March 2013. I have been donating all my business suits with matching silk ties and shirts. Now I like to have fun, enjoy life and what you like. Anyway if any of you guys are ever coming my way, I know a bunch of owners of restaurants, sports bars etc and we can arrange or do an event. Or we can just bbq, or go for drives. We can have intelligent conversations about cars, the economy, the stock market, sports or business, heck plenty of international travel experiences. Definitely we can talk about food and booze. I found this yesterday so I’m sharing. My address is correct. Phones, emails, or current occupation are not. Is raining cats and dogs over here so no porsche Saturday for me. I’ll watch football, cook and spend time with the family. You guys have a great weekend.

This is who I was.

A conversation piece this is who I am now.

Quick Reply: What would happen with overheated car.