Sponsored by:

Revo Technik ECU Flash Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 12:51 AM
JakeMate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Revo Technik ECU Flash Installed

Wow......I just got my car reflashed through the OBD-II port with the Revo Technik upgrade. Hitting 1.0 bars now and the power is amazing.

An added benefit is that the car actually runs much better now. It used to do some funny stuff when I was barely on the throttle in stop and go traffic. It was almost like the drive-by-wire throttle wasn't sure whether I wanted to coast or go. Its tough to describe. Anyways....its much better now. It revs smoother than it ever did. Much more driveable.

Did I mention its one fast Mother F-er now? Oh...and its friggin' fast now too. Like a whole new car. Did I mention its fast?

Check 'em out:
Revo Link

My mechanic is a Revo dealer/installer in Orange County. They're super nice, knowledgeable people too:

Hergesheimer Link
Old 05-13-2005, 11:09 AM
JPschnitzer
Instructor

Yo Jake Mate, so I feel the same thing with my X-50....a little hesitation when you are at a constant speed....It kind of bugs me...Did you really notice a big change in the power delivery? Hergeshiemer is a really good guy.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:16 PM
JakeMate
Racer

Originally Posted by JPschnitzer
Yo Jake Mate, so I feel the same thing with my X-50....a little hesitation when you are at a constant speed....It kind of bugs me...Did you really notice a big change in the power delivery? Hergeshiemer is a really good guy.
The engineer from Revo happened to be here last week and I spoke with him. He said there are a few areas in the OEM software that are weird and needed fixing. Thats why we feel that hesitation. With the reflash, it feels great now.

The power delivery seems very smooth. Not that different than before but more of it and just smoother. Hard to explain, but feels great.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 543 Posts

Enjoy the new "boost"...
Old 05-14-2005, 01:20 AM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of gas mileage will you get after the upgrades? Did you get stage 1, 2 or 3? Did you get the serial port switch?
Old 05-14-2005, 11:27 PM
JakeMate
Racer

I haven't checked my mileage yet. I guess I'm at Stage 2 because I have exhaust and diverter valves also. I didn't get the serial port switch but I don't really need it. I never valet it and I never run race gas.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:26 PM
omega
Racer

Default get some race gas

race gas is really fun if you don't drive your car much why not really enjoy try it it's llike a fine wine vs mad dog 20 20

Quick Reply: Revo Technik ECU Flash Installed