Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temperature Guage Source Question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
RdRunner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temperature Guage Source Question...

So a couple of nights ago I have just finished dinner around 10:00 pm, the outside temperature was about 9 degrees C "inicated by the radio/GPS".

So I warmed her up and drove local for about 10 to 15 minutes and the car was in operating normal temperature for a while, but when entering the freeway I ran into an old vette that wanted to toy around, so when I floored it, and by the time I hit about 140 and doing no more than 0.6 bar (since I'm still bone stock) I saw that my temperature guage went all the way to the bottom, like if the car was COLD, and eventually after a couple of minutes it came back to normal.

I know it was a cold night, but should the cold air have that much effect on the temp guage?

Thanks

-Ryan
Old 10-15-2007, 09:43 PM
T Kono
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 87 Posts

Ryan, just curious-do you prefer your air temp to read in celsius? If I saw nine degrees I would think I was in Idaho. See if you can get the car to repeat the glitch. I had a 2004 GTO that would go haywire every so often, a simple re-start fixed the guage readouts. The low air temp should not be able to change your engine temp, especially a water-cooled car. Possibly a sensor wire connection problem.

Ted K
Old 10-16-2007, 08:29 AM
RdRunner
Instructor

Well, honestly I really don't care for as if displays the outside temp as C or F, I can adapt to both and been lazy to read the GPS manual and trying to figure it out. But this is the first time I seen it happen (the guage temp drop that low) and I'm not able to reproduce it again since, "or seen it happen before".

Thanks

-Ryan
Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 PM
T Kono
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 87 Posts

Hopefully just a computer "hiccup". Its easy to switch from C to F using the computer lever on the steering column:

Forward - To access computer
Up/Down - To highlight "SET"
Forward - To select "SET"
Up/Down - To highlight "TEMPERATURE"
Forward - To select "TEMPERATURE"
Up/Down - To choose C or F
Forward - To lock your selection
Back three times to exit and you're done.

Cheers, Ted K
Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 PM
RdRunner
Instructor

Wink

Quick Reply: Temperature Guage Source Question...