FS-My 2002 996TT

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:31 AM
Chris 996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duane993
Wachuko,
And I thought the back seats of a 996 were small. At least the give you a proper umbrella. Thank you Ms. Moneypenny.
Well said...
Old 10-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your kids will grow up too, it won't be long before they won't fit into the back of the DB9 and you wished you got the Vantage because it is sportier

I drove both DB9 and vantage, and since it will be my daily driver to replace my M3 I wanted something sporty but not boat-like. The DB9 with sportspack (to compensate for it's weight with better handling) is 200k, so at 125-130 the V8 is a bargain, and some say a much better car at that.

Both are reliable and VERY different from the horrible unreliablity that most owners admit the Vanquish suffers from.

Also worth considering (but not really )is the new Maserati Gran Turismo, basically a prettier quattroporte with 2 doors and quite alot of legroom in the back. and at around the same price as a Aston V8, a bargain against the DB9.

Can't beat an Aston for looks.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:00 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We live in interesting times:

1. My F1/ECU guru friend feels it is only a matter of time before tuning is killed off due to laws about emissions....that is likely to affect ALL cars....
2. The skyline from Nissan is coming....
3. The new jaguar coupe is pretty darn nice.
4. Money on cars in general is lost..... I hate the 993 v 996 arguments.....do you ever hear about those people who miss prop aircraft telling those with jets that their prop planes are worth more/////end of rant. Hey, I owned one. I am allowed. :-)
5. Lexus is making F cars ....could be interesting.
6. Acura's next highend sports car may be interesting.
7. The new Alfa high end coupe looks georgeous.

So, I bought and plan to keep my 996TT. Super car. Safe. Reliable. And I can get it fixed at any number of places in even 3rd tier USA towns usually. I have 6 possible mechanics that are good within 20 minutes of my home. If I had an Aston, I would likely have to drive to Philly. That would really upset me.....say a window didn't come down..... I am not wealthy enough to have others do it for me. If I was....maybe. But if I had that much money, I would get a Ferrari. Just me.

Glad you are keeping it. I think it is a wise move.

JB

Quick Reply: FS-My 2002 996TT