Old 10-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool FS-My 2002 996TT

My car is for sale:

I bought my car August 25, 2006. CPO warranty until August 25, 2008

2002 Seal Grey Metallic 996TT with 58,800 miles. Graphite Grey Full Leather interior. 6-Speed. The car was purchased in Porsche of Orlando, Maitland, Florida. I am the third owner.

Option list is short as the car is pretty much a standard item:
Y29 - Aluminum/Chrome X71,X70,X54
XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
C02 - U.S. Standard/Emissions
696 - AM/FM Radio with CD Player
982 - Supple Leather Front and Rear

Stuff I have added:
New floormats with Turbo script
Carbon fiber factory shifter
Porsche short shift kit
Center console in Seal Grey
Aluminum Pedal Set with the Turbo script
Tinted windows
Smoked side markers
Fabspeed Generation 3 exhaust system (no drone!)

US$59,999.00

Car located in Orlando, FL

Email: wachuko67@aim.com

Interior (before vac...)

Last edited by Wachuko; 02-27-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:46 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why!!!!??????
Old 10-21-2007, 12:51 AM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
why!!!!??????
Yeah, why??? I miss your DIY posts!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
why!!!!??????
Originally Posted by justinmm2
Yeah, why??? I miss your DIY posts!
Because I made the mistake of driving an Aston Martin DB9... and now I really really want one...
Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn! I should have driven it when I had the chance last year.

Marc
Old 10-21-2007, 10:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Because I made the mistake of driving an Aston Martin DB9... and now I really really want one...
Yup, that will do it.
Exceptionally nice GT car.
I told my wife when I grow up, I'd drive a DB9....she smiled and realized that will never happen....she's always right.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by ltc
Yup, that will do it.
Exceptionally nice GT car.
I told my wife when I grow up, I'd drive a DB9....she smiled and realized that will never happen....she's always right.

The growing up part?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

I had made an appointment in the Palm Beach AM dealer to test drive an automatic and a manual AM DB9... but this weekend was full of local activities and I ended calling the dealer on Friday to cancel the appointment. Will be going to Palm Beach another day.

I was, however, able to drive a car that is for sale here in Orlando, FL. 2005 DB9 in Oyster Silver with Obsidian Black/Black Cherry interior. Automatic.

Now, I have never sat in nor driven a DB9. I have seen hundreds of photos, I have seen it in person in several car shows… but never felt what it was to sit in one, hear it from as I start the engine, and the feel of the car on the road.

I hope you all forgive me for this… but I have to share it with someone… my wife does not get it… I mean, she tries to understand the passion I have for cars… but is something not close to her core…

So here is goes…

First thing I noticed is that this car shrinks around me as I sat in it… wow. From the outside it looks like a big car. Well it is big and wide… but as I was trying to see the space in the back after I adjusted the driver seat, there is really not much space back there. The front seats are narrow but fitted me just right… the whole experience is like being wrapped in a
fine leather glove. Not a soft glove mind you like in a Maserati or Ferrari, the leather is, not sure how to describe it in words, thick, strong… feels as it would last a lifetime.

This is also a car that, imho, begs for different leather colors inside… the combination of black and cherry looked great. I can only imagine being able to see face to face other color combinations… say a combination of dark blue (I love blue), light blue, and natural leather… wow. In my case I need to buy used, so my choices will be to whatever is available
at the time…

The car looks well built. How the doors open, the materials, that engine bay!! It was a lot to take in for the couple of hours I spent with this car.

Then we took it for a drive. As a passenger first… I kept caressing the leather around me, hahaha, it was just sooo nice. You really feel pampered.

What I quickly noticed was the 2,000 buttons in the center console… it will take me years to learn what each one does… I have to be honest… I don’t think I will even turn on the radio on this car… I just need to know how to turn that A/C and that is it… all I want to hear is the engine and exhaust note as this beast eats the road.

We drove over old stone/brick paved roads, and there was no cowl shake, no sounds of loose panels… solid. A few fast exits from/to the highway…car took them flat in and out. Very nice.

Then it was my turn to drive. Remember this was an automatic. Press D and off we go… the steering wheel is small and thick, the push of the fuel pedal and it takes off with an unexpected push into the seat… nice torque. Go on the highway but it is too crowded… not enough empty road ahead to push it… so I get off an exit and head on the other direction… pushed the
pedal, downshifted manually, what an amazing rush!!! The sound!! If the manual is better than this automatic is going to be so much fun!!

This auto tranny felt perfect!! The whole car felt perfect… Folks from the AM forum are telling me that the manual tranny is even better. I can’t imagine what that will feel like… I do know one thing… I do not want anything else… this is it!! Driving other cars will suck from now on…

I will drive next Saturday to Palm Beach to drive the auto and manual back to back…

And if you made it this far, thank you for listening.

A few photos of the car I drove. Nort gave me copies of the service record and option list. It had just gotten all the software updates, some fixes for the seats(seat ECUs replaced), replaced a warped demister, TPS reprogram, and they did a 10K service (not due to miles but due to time, it only has 4580 miles).

But I found a few cosmetic blemishes that will drive me off this car... some deep scratches in the leather, front bumper scratched, one wheel has some damage as well...

The ugly...

Anyway... I am hooked... I will sell the 996TT and start saving for the rest... even used it will be double of what I paid for the 996TT...
Old 10-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

That is a great CAR!

Anyone want to buy my 04 Audi S4?????
Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I need to stop by and visit Nort this week and check it out
Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

I think it is great you found something that excites you. When I drove one the thing I most remember is how disconnected I was from the road/driving experience...no comparison IMHO...but different strokes for different folks...GL.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:10 AM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah I don't really feel it either with that car. But that's what makes the world great.

I'm happy you found something you like. We shall miss you here. I've always liked your avatar.

Also BTW- The TT you are selling looks very nice and should get snatched up pretty quick.

Take Care.

John
Old 10-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another P-car guy bitten by the Aston bug

I have an 08 vantage on order. Totally smitten by this car and all the emotion!

Aston's are solid and reliable now and beautiful as ever?!?! I must have one!

You may want to consider the V8 vantage, even sportier and the 2005's are going for the low 80s.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by Moogle
Another P-car guy bitten by the Aston bug

I have an 08 vantage on order. Totally smitten by this car and all the emotion!

Aston's are solid and reliable now and beautiful as ever?!?! I must have one!

You may want to consider the V8 vantage, even sportier and the 2005's are going for the low 80s.
Tom, as small as the space is in the back, I need it to be able to carry Daniela and Daniel....

Did you drive both before deciding on the V8 Vantage? Vantage V8 is the most beautiful of the two... but I need the rear seat space... I did not drive the V8 so not sure how it compares in road feel that is why I ask if you have and can share your comments on the experience.

Last edited by Wachuko; 10-22-2007 at 07:25 AM. Reason: More details on my reply
Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by slant911
...I'm happy you found something you like. We shall miss you here. I've always liked your avatar...
Take Care.

John
Still keeping the 964 and SC (lot of work to be done on that one...) so I will be around Rennlist for many years. Not getting rid of me that easy

Quick Reply: FS-My 2002 996TT