Sponsored by:

Passport transport

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
whiteturbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passport transport

Anyone used Fed x passport to transport a car ? the guy That owns the car has used them and says they are very good. Anyone else?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
schred
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I shopped for a transport they were the highest priced of all that I received prices from. Try a search as there are lots of good shippers. Like everything else, you will be suprised at the price spread.
I recently had a car shipped from a fairly remote location and the only shipper I could get to that location was Hog Haulers,, they performed and did what they promised. Intercity is always a good choice as well.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:58 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have used Intercity twice and both times they were awesome. Their price wasn't the lowest or the highest but close enough that the extra $'s were worth it.

I did get a quote from Fedex on my last car purchase and agree with the above that they were the highest. I just ended up driving the car home instead
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Intercity to ship my Turbo From Miami to L.A. last week for $1790.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:25 PM
s14roller
Racer

Used fedex to ship my Techart GT700 car a few weeks back. They were the cheapest for my route (IL to NJ) and they had the time slots I wanted (picked up next day, car was in my driveway in 2 days)

I had narrowed it down to them and Intercity...went with passport due to schedule.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 AM
D_Nyholm
Track Day

I used Horseless Carraige to ship from AZ to NY. They were a little over $1800 and got the car to me in 5 days. Passport was over $2500 and couldn't guarantee a time for me.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:44 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

I have used Fedex/Passport several times with no major problems. Just a few delays on a confirmation date. Drivers are professional and take care of the cargo. You should have no concerns if you go with them. I also found them to be about average in price as well.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I have regularly used Fedex Passport and the only quibble I have had with their service is scheduling delays for pickup-usually coinciding with their commitments to Barrett Jackson auctions. However, this is related to my choice of the (less expensive) contract which doesn't guarantee pickup and delivery dates. And once the car has been picked up, the communication and delivery have been professional.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:20 AM
whiteturbo
Instructor

I rented a enclosed trailer and made the trip myself. I wanted to look at the car before buying so it just worked out best to do it myself.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
dave29
Advanced

Default transporting

I've used Fedex twice, Intercity once and Reliable once. Fedex is great if you have a small delivery window. Guaranteed delivery. Drivers were great and really took care of the cars. They were more money but I had to have the cars delivered on a certain day and they were the only ones who would commit.
Intercity was good also.
Had a bad booker with an attitude with Reliable. Car took over a week and a half to get. Booker didn't provide any info. on delivery even though I called many times. Car arrived fine however the attitude was way out of line!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:41 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

I've used Passport/Fedex several times with great results. It pays to shop around. I found them much cheaper than Intercity and Thomas C. Sunday for my routes but this obviously varies based on the posts above.

Quick Reply: Passport transport