Faulty hood switch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Faulty hood switch?

Hi,
I've had a problem over the last week where the remote central locking sometimes fails to work. Pressing the key does nothing (when trying to lock the car).

However - I don't think it's anything to do with the keyfob. I've also had a couple of instances where the interior lights stayed on when I was in the car. Opening / closing the passenger door cleared it but I think it was coincidence.

When I was driving along today, I suddenly started getting warnings that the front or rear bonnet was open, repeatedly. They weren't - but opening / closing them cleared the fault. However - an hour later, I couldn't lock the car again.

I am guessing I have a faulty switch and the car doesn't lock because it thinks something is open - although I can't see an actual switch on the front bonnet?

Any other ideas - or suggestions of what I need to check?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Scott MacDonald
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

A belated reply, so you may have already found the problem. My front trunk release stopped working with the key or from within the car. It turned out to be rodent damage to the front wiring harness...$3600! Fortunately Amica car insurance covered the replacement.

Scott
Old 06-10-2010, 04:31 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.

Strangely - I think it was a combination of not closing doors properly and a battery going flat in the remote. Switching keys solved the locking problems (odd it only happened when I was locking the car). The boot warning never happened again. And I've told my girlfriend to start closing the passenger door properly.

Quick Reply: Faulty hood switch?