Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

error code P1325

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:10 PM
joelesmith
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes,the Porsche manual was very precise. I made sure I read the timing section 9 thousand times before I started. No way you could do it without the Porsche tools. I was going to try without the 9401 cam tension tools, I'm glad I didn't. All the tools were necessary. I did make my own torque degree wheel though. I wish the manual would have said to preload the gear and chain tensioner in the clockwise direction, that's really the only thing that threw me for a loop.
Joel
Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 215 Posts

Joel, Porsche wants you to read previous car models. They assume that you have started with a previous model year for "schooling"

You need to get the crankshaft set and locked so that when you do both banks the crank shaft will lock in the same place. This will cut down on the margin of camshaft deviation "error" Do you have a flywheel lock? Have you removed your gearbox?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 PM
joelesmith
Advanced

I did not remove the gearbox.

When I checked TDC (with a dial indicator on #1 piston) on bank 1 and locked in the cams, the timing mark on the flywheel was at the same place when I rotated the crank 360 (until I was at TDC) and locked in the cams on bank 2 and checked the timing mark on the flywheel.

I did not get a flywheel lock I thought that they were only for the non turbo models.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 PM
puma
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i must admit i have no clue what you guys are talking about but i just want to say thanks to kevin to take the time to help people here on this forum even if you did not do the rebuilt or don't have anything to gain in this. It just shows why i am happy to be one of your customer, so i can get valuable information from you without needing to buy something each time i ask for something.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 215 Posts

Joel, you can use the VW flywheel lock and file some of the teeth length to fit your flywheel.

Thanks Alex..
Old 09-14-2011, 01:23 AM
jrockwood
Intermediate

Any update Joel? Curious to see how this all was resolved.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:17 AM
joelesmith
Advanced

Sorry for not updating this post upon completion of the repair ( I hate it when other people do that ). When I got everything back together I had a little problem with the oil level sensor, operator error. I posted about what I had found,
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...-fun-fact.html but, never went back and updated this post. Everything is running good so far, no check engine lights. One thing I have noticed, after the repair, is that I tend to drive in the RPM range where the cam and lifters are always shifting: 3000 - 33000rpm. I'm wondering if this constant shifting might be a cause of the problem. Since the repair I only drive thru 3000-3200rpm and try to keep it above or below.
Joel

Quick Reply: error code P1325