Sponsored by:

Interior repaint

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 01:07 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior repaint

I had a few days off and decided to do a little work on the P car. I had ordered the 997 SSK and while I had the console out, decided to do some painting since there were a few scratches and the gray on gray interior was a little too boring.

Here is the repaint on the Horseshoe, batwing, and rear console. I went with graphite to give a little contrast. It turned out good and the new paint is more scratch resistant than the factory paint job.

I have a black center A/C vent I ordered and had originally planned to paint the cup holder strip. But I kind of like it the way it is. Thoughts?
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:38 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 251 Posts

I luv the contrast. Did you paint it yourself? If so how'd you do it, sprayer equipment, rattle can or ??? I think the black vents will tie in nicely with the other black items in the console and look more balanced.

The paint the factory uses is pretty lousy IMO as it scratches so easy and seems too soft. I actually took a piece of my interior to the Kelly Moore paint store and had them color match it so I have a quart of paint that I can do minor touch ups using a tiny model brush. Not a perfect match but much better then seeing the scratches.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:54 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used SEM Color Coat in the rattle can. I've used it before with good results. The key is to prep the pieces properly and to use SEM's Plastic Adhesion Promoter as the base.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:49 PM
joelesmith
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks good. I wasn't gutsy enough to try and paint it myself. I think I might try on the 3 trim pieces. I went for the exterior color.
Joel
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Interior repaint