Sponsored by:

clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 05:36 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal

when i depressed the clutch pedel this morning to start the car, the pedal will not spring back and consequently can not get the car in any gear. had to physically grap the pedal and pull it back up to its normal position. can this be the clutch accumulator? last time i drove the car i noticed that the clutch feel was real soft but i was able to select gears without any issues. i gues this was a preview of things to come.

thanks..
Old 03-18-2012, 09:48 PM
djbeachem.ii
Advanced

Were you able to engage the clutch after you pulled it back up? Recently my pedal stuck and I was not able engage my clutch, replaced master, accumulator and slave, with no fix. Turned out slave had failed and a peice of the rod was jammed in the bell housing
Old 03-19-2012, 01:35 PM
C5Driver951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is beyond just the accumulator in all likelihood. If your accumulator fails, the pedal will be hard to push in, but should come back normally.

Sounds like you have a failed slave cylinder to me. Do you have fluid going from the rear power steering reservoir to the front?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:28 PM
flavorPacket
Intermediate

A failed slave will usually still allow you to return the pedal. This seems more like the system is running very low on fluid. Is there a puddle of Pentosin under the car? Also, check near the reservoir up front.

If you've still got fluid, then it might be a failed master cylinder...

Quick Reply: clutch pedal