Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laser Elite and the Blinder vs brand new Laser Ally

Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 AM
turbosjedi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser Elite and the Blinder vs brand new Laser Ally

fellow reenlist member and I will be doing an apples to apples test on the two jammers against the latest industry threat, the Laser Ally, which is supposed to be immune to jammers. I did a half *** test weeks ago before the flux capacitor broke on the 996, and the unit gave a speed, but did not lock. We will do some real world testing against my jammer and laxman's blinder and see what happens and report details
Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 AM
turbosjedi
Advanced

And I would also like to stipulate that I am not a vendor, have no vested stock or ethical constraints, and I refuse to tell you how I acquired the Laser Ally.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 AM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by turbosjedi
And I would also like to stipulate that I am not a vendor, have no vested stock or ethical constraints, and I refuse to tell you how I acquired the Laser Ally.
Can't wait to hear! OH is a laser cop haven.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:32 PM
fly2low
Rennlist Member

do you have the ability to access a Laser Interceptor? It is my understanding that they are the only one using a laser diode as the sending unit.
Also not a vendor, just a very interested individual
Old 09-26-2012, 05:08 PM
uschoice
Rennlist Member

+1 for testing against a Laser Interceptor.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 AM
turbosjedi
Advanced

We ran them tonight against the Laser Ally, which supposedly has the best anti jamming software/circuits. We made several passes with two cars to validate the laser's ability to get a lock. The Volkswagen had a laser shield over the license plate, the laser gel on the headlights, and on the chrome strips on bumper. The 996 has only the jammer, but no front license plate.

The Volkswagen, with all the passive measures, and the jammer off, achieved a lock on at about 500 feet. The Porsche was over 1000 feet. This was stunning to me. We made two passes with headlights on and off. This made no difference which also surprised me.

With full jamming capabilities enabled, the Volkswagen equipped with the Blinder unit, and three diode heads, mounted LC/C/RC jammed the laser to the gun. I mean, it never once got a lock in every test we did. We also disconnected the third or middle sensor just to see if it made a difference, because the 996 only has the two. Again, the Blinder jammed the signal to the gun.

The 996 also jammed the signal, but the laser ally reported speed readings at 150 feet, but no "lock on" to the gun. In Idaho, I don't believe that a citation can technically be given without lock on, but still, it did register the speed of the car at 150 feet, and I think that a cop could indeed site the 996.

Two more interesting aspects of the test. The Blinder triggered the Jam-ECM warning on the Laser Ally. In the upper left corner of the LCD display, it blinked it was being jammed. The laser elite managed 100% stealth in this respect.

So, preliminary data indicates that if you don't care about the fact that the cop knows you are jamming, the blinder absolutely negates the laser gun. If you live in a state that bans jammers, like the peoples republic of Utah, then the elite is the better choice.

In a real world situation, where an officer is shooting down the interstate, for example, the idea is that you get the jamming warning, you slow down, then deactivate the jammer. In this case, both jammers achieve the goal. I have no doubt that unless completely concealed, and between the Valentine 1 and the laser elite, I would be able to get under a speed limit long before the 100 feet kicked in. But again, if you dont care about shutting it off, the Blinder is the route to go.

We are going to test the cars again, soon. I am going to move the sensor/jammer head that I have on the rear of the car to the front, and see if this helps. I am also going to look into the laser gel for the headlights.

We should have the video of the event up in a few days and I will post the url.

A couple of final thoughts, we hand held the unit, while supporting it against a tripod, but not secured to it. Accuracy may improve with the laser gun if it is completely still. I am going to cobble together a tripod for that as well. And finally, the laser ally claims lock on ability out to 1600 yards. My scientific response to this is bull****. If you were shooting a cruise ship, you might get 1600 yards, but the laser ally we tested maxed out at around 1000.

questions/comments/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated

Fight On!

Stu
Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

Well done - good to know.
But, write-up was a little confusing, would you please clarify exactly what type of jammer each car was running? Thanks.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

Great work.
I've seen lots of similar tests and using jammers boils down to common sense; see alert, slow down, deactivate.
Is the mounting position on both cars the same or is mounting irrelevant?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:14 PM
turbosjedi
Advanced

The Porsche was equipped with the laser elite. The Volkswagen has the Blinder.

The laser gel I refer to is called laser veil: http://www.laserveil.com

I ordered some today, and will repeat the Porsche test with and without the coating. But from what I saw yesterday, this stuff REALLY works.

Stu
Old 09-28-2012, 01:10 PM
laxman
Track Day

the testing was great. i am the owner of the passat and the blinder unit that was used the new blinder hp-905 is a laser diode based unit. I am in the process of acquiring the Laser Interceptor for some more testing. also going through the video and making some videos to be posted. veil is a decent passive countermeasure, it can be messy to put on and everything needs to be taped well while applying. it can discolor paint. if there is an interest if the blinder system, i have been authorized to organize a group buy with a good discount. if there are any questions please feel free to ask.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM
laxman
Track Day

Originally Posted by Lord_Galva
Great work.
I've seen lots of similar tests and using jammers boils down to common sense; see alert, slow down, deactivate.
Is the mounting position on both cars the same or is mounting irrelevant?
mounting is very important. they were not the same on each car, but they need to be placed in the ideal position on each vehicle. they need to be facing straight out and level to the road. and 18-24 inches from the headlights and license plate.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stu- thanks for the info. We appreciate your efforts. You are the Radar Roy of Rennlist.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 PM
turbosjedi
Advanced

Going to do another test on Saturday the 17th of November, and it should be pretty interesting. Local stereo shop has the new K40 jammer which is supposed to be impervious to mounting irregularities. We should have a couple of reps around, and it will be interesting to see how the Laser Ally does against the K40. BTW, here in Boise, the cops are about a generation behind the Laser Ally. So until the adoption of the new gun hits mainstream, I still feel that this generation of jammers are simply unbeatable. Will post the results when done….
Old 11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
deckman
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Please try and enlist someone who has a LI installed. Most people think of that as the premier jammer available so it would be good to compare results.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 AM
turbosjedi
Advanced

good point, I will purchase the laser Interceptor and give it a shot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Laser Elite and the Blinder vs brand new Laser Ally