Video - Speedtech Full 3" X-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:36 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 214 Posts

Thanks, Mark - That's great to hear it's passing the sound testing at Laguna and of course, it's always nice to hear positive feedback from a long term satisfied customer...
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Old 02-18-2014, 01:38 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by John D II
We finally got around to installing one of our Speedtech full 3" X-Pipes today and made a short video. I hope you enjoy it, as much as we enjoyed making it. We feel this system sounds absolutely phenomenal, especially in person! Video link below...

Videos:
http://youtu.be/kdnxKzw4hT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKnQmysfyJw
SpeedTech advantages include:

- Hi-Flow 100 cell catalytic converters with propietary SpeedTech laser jet cut flanges, flow matched to the BW KKK Porsche OEM turbos. We do not use off the shelf, restrictive 3" turbo flanges - we make our own custom larger diameter flanges for improved, unrestricted flow.
- Optional catless "RACE" pipes, in lieu of Hi-Flow cats
- Heavy duty support brackets with mounting straps to keep the weight off the turbos and headers, eliminating long term fatique and potential subsequent failure
- Modular design. Our system sound and/or performance can be altered at minimal expense with SpeedTech components that are readily available. Examples would be going from 2.5 to 3.0, catted to catless, tip choice, etc. This means you are not locked in to any one performance, sound or appearance level with any SpeedTech exhaust. It is even possible to substitute our X-cellerator X-Flow mufflers for the X-Pipe at any time.
- Standard dual wall, polished stainless steel tips will not permanently discolor or stain from heat like single wall tips and can always be very easily polished to a new car show room finish! Perfect for car shows and easy maintenance.
- 100% T-304 stainless steel construction
- Extensive sound testing/engineering. We have tried most every variation of the "X" design, all the tip designs, etc. to arrive at what we consider the best sounding "X-Flow" systems we have ever heard. Our perceptions are backed up and echoed repeatedly on our testimonials web page.
- Customer service before, during and after the sale! Once you purchase from SpeeedTech, we do not forget about you, but rather you become a member of our SpeedTech family and we are always there for you...

Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:00 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just shipped a 2.5" version of our 996TT competition X-Pipe system this week. The 2.5 is a little less raw/aggressive than the full 3.0" model, but still exhibits a truly exotic, aggressive sound that is truly phenomenal to hear in person. People that hear these X-Pipes, regardless of what type of car they drive, are always extremely impressed and have great things to say about the sound!

Here's a video of the 2.5 version:

Last edited by John D II; 09-13-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:56 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We recently received this email from a new, very satisfied customer :-)

We are hearing these same sentiments almost every week, both from 996TT and 997TT owners - sometimes multiple times in a week!

Also, we offer special Rennlist Member pricing on all of our systems from the 2.5 quiet to the 3.0 competition X-Pipe...contact us for details.

Hi John,

I had the 3.0 X-pipe exhaust installed on my ’04 911 TT Cabriolet last Friday and let me tell you I am one happy camper. You tube video’s and sound clips just do not do your system any justice. I knew the X-pipe was something as soon as I went to pick up my car and my guy pulled me aside immediately and had a little grin on his face. Originally he seemed apprehensive because he never heard of Speedtech and threw it off as some internet sensation. But now he is a believer.

He fired it up and all I could think of was WOW so this is what my Turbo was meant to sound like. The sound was raw, unadulterated and like nothing I have heard on the street. As I left the shop with a huge smile I noticed my Porsche tech standing at the end of the drive so he could listen as I drove off. My immediate observation driving the car was the noticeable increase in responsiveness and low end power from only a simple exhaust upgrade. Then I opened it up for the first time and, holy cow, the exhaust was so aggressive and loud, reminded me of the Cup cars I recently saw at the local race track. What an impressive piece.

The next day I went to a local informal gathering of Porsche enthusiasts. As soon as I turned the corner heads began to turn to see what was coming in. I parked and a number of 911 owners came over to praise the sound and ask what exhaust I had. I even had a number of guys stick around until I left so they could follow me on the road and have a listen. I spent the whole weekend cruising, enjoying my “new” car and looking for underpasses so I could really crank it up. What a pleasure. My family, including wife and 4 and 5 year old sons love the sound and can’t get enough of it. I need to drop the top so they can hear it that much more. The sound only gets better each time I go out for a drive.

From the cold start to the “gurgling” on deceleration to the aggressive and intimidating sound at WOT, we love it all. Thank you and your team for creating such a fantastic piece. I couldn’t find a way to put this under the testimonials on your website, so I will leave it to you if you wish to do so.

Regards,

Peter
Old 09-13-2014, 11:02 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is a picture of last weeks 2.5 & 3.0 X-Pipe production -

Quick Reply: Video - Speedtech Full 3" X-Pipe