Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2003 lapis blue 996 turbo- look familiar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 12:52 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That is one clean looking Turbo
Old 03-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Jabrony - where are you in S Fla, I live in Boynton Beach. That blue is one of my favorites. You might have an aftermarket exhaust, it would be worthwhile looking into, the only reason I say that is the exhaust tips, are not the stock version. Looks like the last owner updated the rear bumper with color keyed bumperettes. These cars came with the black rubber ones. I did the same also. very nice

BTW an aftermarket ECU tune without any headers, exhaust etc, will still buy you more output, less turbo lag and more torque. Its the quickest way to start waking up the stock turbo.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Jabrony
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Jabrony - where are you in S Fla, I live in Boynton Beach. That blue is one of my favorites. You might have an aftermarket exhaust, it would be worthwhile looking into, the only reason I say that is the exhaust tips, are not the stock version. Looks like the last owner updated the rear bumper with color keyed bumperettes. These cars came with the black rubber ones. I did the same also. very nice

BTW an aftermarket ECU tune without any headers, exhaust etc, will still buy you more output, less turbo lag and more torque. Its the quickest way to start waking up the stock turbo.

Thanks for the post! I'm around west palm. The exhaust was stock, I replaced it with a new unit from fabspeed along with headers. I also had bumper plugs paint those little guys.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Jabony -BTW just as an FYI, the best indy for these Porsche in our area is Orbit Racing up by the veterans hospital. Roger is heavy into Porsche racing, and his shop is beautiful. All they do is Porsche. He is very reasonable from a price perspective. Just stop by and take a tour, you will be impressed. If you are familiar with them then sorry for the being redundant!
You going to Sebring next weekend?

http://www.orbitracing.com/
Old 03-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Jabrony
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks for the info...

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Jabony -BTW just as an FYI, the best indy for these Porsche in our area is Orbit Racing up by the veterans hospital. Roger is heavy into Porsche racing, and his shop is beautiful. All they do is Porsche. He is very reasonable from a price perspective. Just stop by and take a tour, you will be impressed. If you are familiar with them then sorry for the being redundant!
You going to Sebring next weekend?

http://www.orbitracing.com/
Sadly no, I will be traveling for business. I have not heard of Orbit, thank you!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Most welcome
Old 03-10-2014, 04:56 PM
irie1029
Advanced

my younger brother!

Quick Reply: New 2003 lapis blue 996 turbo- look familiar?