Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jumping In: New to Me 2002 TT "Apollo"

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:42 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 247 Posts

Update: I've now traced the ownership back to all but the original owner. So far, zero red flags, in fact all the flags have been go-go green!

2nd Owner bought completely stock with 6K miles from Town Porsche NJ. He is the owner of a high end detail shop and did all the "correct" modifications on the car (Brakes, FVD Tune, etc). Never on the track. He drove it the most though - 7K miles or so.

3rd Owner had the car in a "Private Collection" and drove 200 miles in 2 years. Loved the car and still knew every little detail about it when we spoke. Still has all the original parts from Owner 2 (stock suspension, FVD Tune hardware interface, center console, radio, etc) and I'll be getting those from him in the new few weeks. He could not have been a nicer guy and a huge enthusiast. No track time.

4th Owner was looking for a Ferrari but was eager to buy this car. It only lasted 4 hours after owner three put it at Jack Daniels Porsche. Drive it a little over 1K miles in a year but no track time. Added the RUF badging and FS airbox. Sold it back to JD and got a 360 in Red!

So if I could only find out who owner 1 was, I'd have a complete provenance. I'm guessing it was a two year lease and a third or fourth car given the 3K miles a year accumulated.

As for me, the car is staying super clean, losing RUF badging and is going to NJMP very soon and will get to realize its potential;

I've already put about 1K miles on it in little over a week.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:34 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

Congrats, Chris! I bought an Artic/ Natural Grey (looks like black) 2002 X50 this time last year, with 17,500 miles. Accumulator was going as well. Felt sorry for the poor thing, being neglected and ignored like that (previous owner had owned 3 years, put on 2800 miles.) Now has 23000 and some change. I'm actually DD-ing it for awhile while I wait for a car I ordered to come in (traded my other DD on this one). It makes a great DD, and I absolutely don't care about running the miles up at this point.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:15 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Congrats, Chris! I bought an Artic/ Natural Grey (looks like black) 2002 X50 this time last year, with 17,500 miles. Accumulator was going as well. Felt sorry for the poor thing, being neglected and ignored like that (previous owner had owned 3 years, put on 2800 miles.) Now has 23000 and some change. I'm actually DD-ing it for awhile while I wait for a car I ordered to come in (traded my other DD on this one). It makes a great DD, and I absolutely don't care about running the miles up at this point.
Sounds like a great find! I did some work on mine tonight (aligned passenger side door window) and I'm quite sure the miles are going to keep on coming
Old 04-20-2014, 10:37 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Sounds like a great find! I did some work on mine tonight (aligned passenger side door window) and I'm quite sure the miles are going to keep on coming
Well, I'll throw a picture at you just to keep the thread going! I have to admit, I've really enjoyed only driving the Turbo these last three weeks. It's great to have several other cars at my disposal, and I wouldn't want to HAVE to drive the 996, but there are worse fates!

Old 04-21-2014, 07:16 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Well, I'll throw a picture at you just to keep the thread going! I have to admit, I've really enjoyed only driving the Turbo these last three weeks. It's great to have several other cars at my disposal, and I wouldn't want to HAVE to drive the 996, but there are worse fates!

Sport Techno's eh? They look great on silver cars!

Quick Reply: Jumping In: New to Me 2002 TT "Apollo"