Sponsored by:

Lapis Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 PM
MB_Fahrer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lapis Blue?

I'm bored of my M6, so I'm going to trade it on a 996tt (most likely). I was wondering if Lapis Blue is actually blue or if it's really "blurple" (in other words, is it blue, blue or is it blue with purple undertones)?

Here's the car in question: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Cheers,
Ricky
Old 05-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Jabrony
Rennlist Member

Default Yes.

I own a lapis blue 996tt. I am always being complimented on the color. It is quite stunning to see in person. Yes, it is blurple in my opinion.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Ck986
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I use to own a lapis blue boxster and thought it was blue-er than my midnight blue TT. Midnight definitely has more purple.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,295 Likes on 1,464 Posts

Lapis blue is a great color, it is a little purplish but a great color none the less. I almost bought TT in that color but it had mechanical issues so I passed but I still think about how great lapis blue looked.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:38 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 251 Posts

Nice color that Lapis Blue. The car is no longer listed, did you buy it already?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Lapis is Porsche's best color !
Old 05-05-2014, 11:11 PM
MB_Fahrer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Nice color that Lapis Blue. The car is no longer listed, did you buy it already?
Wow, that was fast. Actually no, I didn't. I'm actually working on buying Stephen's (smdubovsky) '03 Turbo. That Arena Red is just beautiful. The carbon ceramics certainly don't detract from it either. LOL
Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,016 Posts

It's a very rich color. Always gets compliments. In pictures it sometimes looks purplish but not really in real life. Same car, 3 different colors...

RUF pic16 by pwdrhound1, on Flickr

HPR04:26:14 by pwdrhound1, on Flickr

RUF at pumps by pwdrhound1, on Flickr
Old 05-06-2014, 03:28 PM
irie1029
Advanced

I like that burple. Mine is lapis blue and yup lots of compliments.... when it is clean as it is a daily driver.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Lapis
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:05 PM
MB_Fahrer
Instructor

Originally Posted by powdrhound
It's a very rich color. Always gets compliments. In pictures it sometimes looks purplish but not really in real life. Same car, 3 different colors...

RUF pic16 by pwdrhound1, on Flickr

HPR04:26:14 by pwdrhound1, on Flickr

RUF at pumps by pwdrhound1, on Flickr
Ah, now I know the color. Love your car--it's an absolute rocket. How are you liking the carbon ceramics around HPR?
Old 05-07-2014, 01:45 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MB_Fahrer
Ah, now I know the color. Love your car--it's an absolute rocket. How are you liking the carbon ceramics around HPR?
Thanks. Car is running great. I'm basically down to fine tuning the suspension at this point. I just ordered new springs to swap out. No carbon ceramics for me, I'm running 380/350 Giros with PFC 08s and testing the new 380 72 vane rotors. So far these are holding up well. Braking is phenomenal.. I ran with the SCCA boys this past Friday against their GT2 Corvettes. I could easily out brake them at every corner even with them on Hohos. They were not happy getting run down by a street car...

The car in your avatar very looks familiar by the way...
Old 05-07-2014, 04:51 PM
MB_Fahrer
Instructor

Thanks. Car is running great. I'm basically down to fine tuning the suspension at this point. I just ordered new springs to swap out. No carbon ceramics for me, I'm running 380/350 Giros with PFC 08s and testing the new 380 72 vane rotors. So far these are holding up well. Braking is phenomenal.. I ran with the SCCA boys this past Friday against their GT2 Corvettes. I could easily out brake them at every corner even with them on Hohos. They were not happy getting run down by a street car...

The car in your avatar very looks familiar by the way...
Now that, sounds like fun!

Ah okay. Your yellow calipers always trip me up--one of these days I'll get it in my head that you have steel brakes. LOL.

I suppose I should change my avatar to the cup car.... I'll wait until after I wrap it. I got it sorted out. The a spline broke off the throwout bearing, but Poudre got it changed in time for the NASA event at Pueblo this last weekend. Car did great on the fresh Pirelli's. They really only have about 7-8 heat cycles before they're done. Not exactly ideal, but they're fast. I was down to a 1:35.409 on the first run on Sunday.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:45 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MB_Fahrer
Now that, sounds like fun!

Ah okay. Your yellow calipers always trip me up--one of these days I'll get it in my head that you have steel brakes. LOL.

I suppose I should change my avatar to the cup car.... I'll wait until after I wrap it. I got it sorted out. The a spline broke off the throwout bearing, but Poudre got it changed in time for the NASA event at Pueblo this last weekend. Car did great on the fresh Pirelli's. They really only have about 7-8 heat cycles before they're done. Not exactly ideal, but they're fast. I was down to a 1:35.409 on the first run on Sunday.
It's coming together now Ricky. You traded up to the Cup car. Gotcha. 1:35 at Pueblo is moving. Nice work! I think I'm gonna get some take off slicks to try myself. That'll help level the playing field a bit so I can try to chase you down. Drop me a note if you come across as set of 245/645-18s and 305/660-18s Pirellis. I need the 660s but they're a bit hard to find. See you at the track soon. We are planning doing the afternoon/evening of the 22nd and the lapping day on the 23rd at HPR. Let me know if you can make it.

John
Old 05-07-2014, 08:45 PM
MB_Fahrer
Instructor

It's coming together now Ricky. You traded up to the Cup car. Gotcha. 1:35 at Pueblo is moving. Nice work! I think I'm gonna get some take off slicks to try myself. That'll help level the playing field a bit so I can try to chase you down. Drop me a note if you come across as set of 245/645-18s and 305/660-18s Pirellis. I need the 660s but they're a bit hard to find. See you at the track soon. We are planning doing the afternoon/evening of the 22nd and the lapping day on the 23rd at HPR. Let me know if you can make it.

John
Hey John,

Yes, Ricky here Sorry, I suppose I could have been a bit less vague. LOL. Glad you figured it out, and it's nice to see you on here!

Pueblo is a great track. For Porsche's, I think I like it better than HPR--it just has a very nice flow to it. Granted, you have to be a little cautious coming through T10 onto the drag strip. That cup flies right along. Came through T10 in 2nd gear and I was at the top of 5th before braking into T1.

You know, I actually have a two 305/660/18 Pirelli DH's that I was looking to sell. They're brand new, never mounted. As for the fronts (245/645/18, I'd be more than happy to sell you my used ones. The current set has 5 heat cycles on them.

We are headed out to the NASA event at Heartland Park in Topeka on the 31st of the month, but I should be able to get out to HPR on the 22/23. I can't wait to see what HPR is like at night. I'll probably bring the cup out, but we'll see if I'm comfortable driving it there at night--if not I'll just drive the silver M3. Can I let you know next week if I'll be there for sure or not? Diego (kid who drives the M3 usually) did a bit of farming out at Pueblo and...erm...'modified' the front splitter into what resembles an air dam

Cheers!
Ricky

Quick Reply: Lapis Blue?