Sponsored by:

New 997.1 owner need of some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Jatt
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 997.1 owner need of some help

I don't see any modules attached to the Main, Tel, and Nav buttons? Is this normal?

Back of the factory unit

2 wires just hanging out! Is this normal with the Tooki install?

Hello fellow enthusiasts, I am brand new to the brand and to the rennlist forums. My purchased my 997.1 about a week ago with clean ppi. I am super excited guys. There are gew things to sort out. I believe the battery needs to be replaced and my pcm module gives me "cd changer no available error". After watching some YouTube videos, I was feeling brave and decided to take out the factory radio unit (see attachments). So, there is a Tooki installed and i have 2 fiber optics cable just hanging out not attached to anything. The factory unit does not display the telephone module, i confirmed this by pressing the main and trip button at the same time. All I see is the CD player with an exclamation mark and pcm and system update with check mark next to them. Does this leaves my Tooki unusable withou the phone module? Please help!!

Last edited by Jatt; 10-02-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:35 AM
number9ine
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

First I recommend you read this:
https://navtv.com/media/products_fil...ki_Install.pdf

Secondoes your car have BOSE? If so, you'll need to connect those two orange fiber optic leads on the radio harness to the back of the PCM in order to complete the loop. If you want the Tooki in the loop you can add it, but if you have a phone module (your PCM will say "No SIM Card Inserted" instead of "Not Available" when you press the PHONE button), the phone module needs to be removed from the MOST loop.

Tooki doesn't support full stereo audio streaming, so you might look at other options while you have everything apart. NAV TV, Dension, and mObridge all sell units that are well-documented here, or you can Google-fu your way to cheaper "brand X" units on eBay from Russia and China by searching "most aux porsche."

Good luck!

Quick Reply: New 997.1 owner need of some help