Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAPower bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 01:00 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 294 Posts

here are some guides I found on the Mr12volt.com..

Hey TEF... did you get your CDR23 working??? Hope so by now, but just noticed that the dip switches need to be adjusted for CDR23 vs PCM.

Installation guides

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...qp4y78NlZC_cg0

Generic controls/operation guide.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ybNrtlwbdb_CRF

Old 11-12-2019, 01:34 PM
TEF
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

No my Mr12v (aka LaPower) is still not functioning, so I am hoping the dip switch setting will be useful. Thanks. At this point, the car is due to go into winter storage next week (we just had 5 inches of snow yesterday), so I doubt that this will be not br addressed until spring. My other alternative has been the rental on ebay of durametric s/w to ensure that the car's CDR23 radio is programmed to recognize a CD player (or the Mr12v in my case).
Old 11-14-2019, 11:47 PM
Gene_GaTech
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 32 Posts

Just ordered a kit from eBay seller. I have pcm 2.1 and no changer in the trunk.

I'll report back on how it goes.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Gene_GaTech
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 32 Posts

Reporting back on my progress:

I started with a
  • Late 06 c2s
  • PCM2.1
  • Non-Bose
  • No CD Changer (CDC)
  • Phone module under passengers seat
  • No Navi

I installed the module directly behind the PCM (it was a squeeze but landed nicely).

I powered it through the footwell 12v power source - I want to eventually run a new circuit.

Positives:
  • Surprisingly - BT audio and phone calls works IMMEDIATELY with no coding.
  • Looping the phone module out added functionality and visibility in the PCM for phone calls. Even the SSI and the phone name are visible on the main screen in the PCM after I looped the Phone module out.
  • Track control and info are all visible in the PCM.
  • Sounds is pretty great!
Negatives ( please let me know if you can help)
  • The track data in the cluster is shown as CD changer state (e.g. CD 1 TR 02) vs the song name which is visible in the PCM
  • On boot, most of the time I get a 'System error: Phone not available' message. Do I need to code out the phone module from the PCM? Will that cause me to loose the phone functions?
  • Phone books etc is not transferring to the PCM
  • I really, really did not like splicing into the factory 12V harness and would have rather liked a splitter adapter for the 12v. I might make one and replace that those leads.
I haven't driven the car the car yet but really excited by the result.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:36 PM
cayenne2008
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cayenne driver

Fyi because of this thread I picked up mr12volt for my cayenne. I also have tranzit installed as well.

This was very simple, went to trunk, plugged in cd changer FO, then removed cigarette lead and plugged power into the terminals!

Originally Posted by 82_930
Is there anyway to utilize the car's microphone instead of running the auxiliary microphone?
The following users liked this post:
Nareg Rml (12-15-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 05:15 PM
Jeffblak
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gene_GaTech

1. I don't think you are going to get the song name in the cluster, only on the PCM.
2. You need to code out the original phone module, the PCM is looking for it in the MOST Ring at startup. Coding it out will not alter the BT phone function. My dealer did it free while I was having the brake fluid changed.
3. I don't think the phone book will transfer to the PCM. You can dial a number on the PCM keypad, or initiate the call directly from your phone. Not state of the art, but it works great for the modest cost.
4. Since the damage is already done to the harness, you could clean up the splice with solder and shrink tube plus add a pigtail with an insulated plug connector for the BT Unit. That would look more factory-like and allow for the disconnecting the BT unit power lead without further damage to the harness.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:28 PM
tech_auto
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm thinking of ordering this and just went through the whole thread it seems pretty straightforward.
I have a base C2 with Bose but no CDC.
The only question since I don't have a CDC, will I still have a CDC optical cable in the trunk for me to loop back? Or do I only need to connect the fiber optic cable from PCM to the BT unit in the interior cabin?
Old 01-05-2020, 11:50 PM
911mdp997
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The optical loop is completely inside the HU, no need to mess with the trunk with no CDC.
Good grounding is a must to minimize whining feedback.

Originally Posted by tech_auto
I'm thinking of ordering this and just went through the whole thread it seems pretty straightforward.
I have a base C2 with Bose but no CDC.
The only question since I don't have a CDC, will I still have a CDC optical cable in the trunk for me to loop back? Or do I only need to connect the fiber optic cable from PCM to the BT unit in the interior cabin?
Old 01-06-2020, 11:32 PM
gcthree
Burning Brakes

Location: Williamsburg, Virginia by way of Garden City, New York
Received 116 Likes on 37 Posts

My install went perfectly. Works as advertised....maybe better. However, I noticed today that a phone call is only coming through 1 speaker in the passenger door. Is this normal?

My unit is a PCM 2.1 with Bose and no disc changer, navigation or phone.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:22 PM
tech_auto
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911mdp997
The optical loop is completely inside the HU, no need to mess with the trunk with no CDC.
Good grounding is a must to minimize whining feedback.
Thanks, ordered off ebay. I plan to wire power and ground with the PCM harness which should not cause a ground loop.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:42 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tech_auto
Thanks, ordered off ebay. I plan to wire power and ground with the PCM harness which should not cause a ground loop.
I did that at first with the pcm ground wire connection. still had whine issues. I highly recommend reading through my posts above about solving whine issue. ground to one of the solid supports that the leather side plate mounts to. see links in previos post #443
The following users liked this post:
911mdp997 (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 12:18 PM
UnoMas
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for everyone contributing, just got my kit and all the feedback has been invaluable.
I am not an electronics expert so can you clarify that the ground for the LAPower/Mr12Volt system is best connected to the frame/body and not to the 12v ground?
Old 01-08-2020, 12:38 PM
911mdp997
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, best ground to body

QUOTE=UnoMas;16339777]Thanks for everyone contributing, just got my kit and all the feedback has been invaluable.
I am not an electronics expert so can you clarify that the ground for the LAPower/Mr12Volt system is best connected to the frame/body and not to the 12v ground?[/QUOTE]
Old 01-09-2020, 07:02 PM
UnoMas
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Zettinger
LaPower to replace CD changer (test above) in Frunk

MOST fiber ring. LaPower LP1604 replace CD changer option

Hope that helps
Has anyone removed the CD changer and permanently mounted the unit in the Frunk? You plug right into the MOST loop and have power.
Would Bluetooth be compromised?
is there access thru the firewall for USB, Aux and Microphone?
Old 01-09-2020, 08:19 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UnoMas
Has anyone removed the CD changer and permanently mounted the unit in the Frunk? You plug right into the MOST loop and have power.
Would Bluetooth be compromised?
is there access thru the firewall for USB, Aux and Microphone?
I did this exact setup. checknout my post #420

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post16040048

Quick Reply: LAPower bluetooth?