Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my C4S back home---> New clutch/brakes/water pump/thermostat/oil & belt service

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 02:47 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,446 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by street rod
Did you buy the C4S locally?
Bought it in San Francisco this past June - Drove home w/wife thru wine country.
I looked a long time for Meteor grey/Black int. w/manual transmission and great options - Adaptive Heated Sport Seats / Porsche Sound Exhaust/ Lowered 1" w/H&R Springs so PASM can still be used. Also has short shift kit.
Really happy with the car.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:58 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like I said in the other thread, I got mine back from my friend who did a great job doing some needed MX. One of the nagging problems was cracked coils. When I washed it....it would sputter. Last night I dover home in a downpour of rain without a hiccup. Im not a fan of a cars with a ton of electronics, but this little gal is keeping me happy.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:50 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

*Also had shop install my clear marker lights
For someone that restores cars, couldn't you save a lot by doing PM work yourself? Especially the above? Not being critical but it seems odd.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:07 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,446 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
For someone that restores cars, couldn't you save a lot by doing PM work yourself? Especially the above? Not being critical but it seems odd.
I don't restore cars - The only car I restored was my 1959 Super Sunroof Coupe 25 years ago. And professionals did the paintwork and I did the cosmetics putting it back together
And to answer your question the clear marker lights arrived while my car was on the lift in the shop - And besides my mechanic wouldn't charge me for something like that
..And KrazyK I think I remember you from the 996 Forum - Are you the person who did his own Hack IMS fix/bearing repair a few years ago? Then sold your car an buyer got pissed because engine detonated and you ignored him and erased all your IMS posts?

Last edited by groovzilla; 12-01-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Got my C4S back home---> New clutch/brakes/water pump/thermostat/oil & belt service