Sponsored by:

Throttle body position sensor .

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 11:14 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body position sensor .

I just recently purchased my 2006 Carerra S . I was running the canyons when I lost all torque and acceleration and no throttle response on a second gear turn . Made it in limp mode to my friends house .
Parked it for about 2 hrs , started up fine and ran like nothing ever happened ... Turns out it threw a P2126 Throttle/ pedal position sensor, "E" circuit range performance ..
So my question is , is it necessary to program the new TB ? I know Bmw's its not required but Ive heard that on Porsche's it is .Ive done a bit of searching on this and have come up empty . Can anyone that has swapped out a new throttle body let me know yes or no ? And if so ,, What diagnostics tool was used . Will Durametric and or foxwell do the job ?
Any information on this will be very helpful and greatly appreciated ..
Old 06-02-2019, 11:37 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

Porsche dealership replaced my TB but I don't know if any programming was done. I do know that a new throttle body fixed my bouncing rpm idle completely.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Appreciate the response thanks .

I ordered the TB and waiting for it to arrive . I'm going to install it and re-set it with the key . I think that's all that is needed to install the TB . Then I'll just take it from there .
I'm looking into the foxwell nt 510 to clear the code ...
Old 06-05-2019, 12:06 AM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

So the throttle body came in . I ended up purchasing a foxwell nt520 with preinstalled Porsche software . It has the ability to do a TBA (throttle body alignment ) and clear the pending P2126 Throttle/ pedal position sensor, "E" circuit range code .

I'll wait to install the TB till I receive the nt520 . Just want to play around with it a little before starting it up with the new TBand clear everything .
I'll post my progress on this repair once I get it all done for anyone that might be interested ..
Old 06-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

oh man good luck with THAT. i've had it 2x. both times eventually fixed but non-PIWIS code readers werent savvy enough to narrow down the exact issue so unless theyve gotten better in recent years...

see my post here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...e-control.html
Old 06-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
oh man good luck with THAT. i've had it 2x. both times eventually fixed but non-PIWIS code readers werent savvy enough to narrow down the exact issue so unless theyve gotten better in recent years...

see my post here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...e-control.html
Thanks for posting that information ,,good reads .
So what were the codes that were present on your car ? and what finally fixed the issue the brake light switch ?
Old 06-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

I see you also had te same code , but I have a different cause .. A P2126 Throttle/ pedal position sensor, "E" circuit range performance ..

Spiffyjiff
P2126
Throttle valve adjusting unit – potentiometer
NOTE
When a fault is detected, the system is in stand-by operation mode in pedal sensor, i.e.:
---Maximum pedal value is limited to 30 %.
---Dynamism is limited.
Diagnostic conditions
---Supply voltage 10 V ... 16 V
---Engine start
Possible fault causes
---Open circuit, short circuit to B+ or short circuit to ground in the sensor line to potentiometer 1 or 2 of the throttle valve adjusting unit
---Throttle valve adjusting unit faulty
---DME control module faulty
Old 06-06-2019, 07:39 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It’s prob either your tb, or your pedal (potentiometer). Unfortunately you need a good diagnostics to know which. Since you already ordered it, Just change out the TB and see if that fixes it. It’s plug-and-play, no programming needed, the ECU takes care of everything when you turn the ignish to accessory position for about 30sec to a min.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:38 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Q
Ya . I just couldn't drop the 800 for the dura metric . But I can use the foxwell on other vehicles as well . Can't beat it for 160 bucks .
So the foxwewll nt520 came in and I got right on it ...Pulled the same code you had present ,, p1226 valve adjusting unit - potentiometer. So the nt520 did its job .

Yes that's the information Ive gathered and also that you will hear a click as its resetting with the key.. Im thinking of getting pro active and change out the pedal potentiometer as well

Last edited by Cyn Crvr 997S; 06-06-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Well I installed the new throttle body today , and did my first oil change on this car since i purchased it in January . So everything went well and the p1226 error code cleared ! hopefully thats the end of it . I saved myself some good cash doing it myself . The TB cost me just under 180 bucks with a lifetime warranty , cant beat that .

spiffyjiff ,, thank you for your help chiming in ,, and posting helpful information ..

Quick Reply: Throttle body position sensor .