Sponsored by:

Slow oil leak bottom end

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mjposner
...coming from the area of the right rear tire.
but if you only "pulled up a bit to take the pic" then it looks more like drip is near center / back (ie. near the plug). anyway, if it IS near right rear tire, could be the oil pressure sender which sits on top of the bank. mine was leaking, with drops on floor in exactly that spot near rear pass tire. not too bad of a DIY, just cramped space.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:04 PM
mjposner
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 116 Posts

Finally got under the car, it is dripping from oil pan, see picture.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:29 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 182 Posts

You need to have it put up on a lift and look at it, or have your mechanic do it. It could be as simple as a loose bolt on the pan or it could be a lea from somewhere that's running down to the pan.
It's hard to tell from the picture you posted but once the oil gets hot with wind blowing it around it kind of just spreads around.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:48 PM
lonewolf9
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it come from the front of the engine where it bolts to the transmission, or thereabouts? If so, it could be the rear main seal (RMS). Mine has a leak there. It's slow and annoying but will not get changed until I get the clutch replaced.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:19 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mjposner
Finally got under the car, it is dripping from oil pan, see picture.
If you are offended easily do not read this post.......... I intended to not only offend this poster child specifically, nor every child who asks a question who is vague , or does not say if it's a .1 or .2 , or a manual, PDK, Tiptronic, or intake mani when they meant exhaust, AWD, or RWD, oil temp vs water temp, IMS, RMS, oh ya its .2, my muffler is missing, its a .1 and you have no centre muffler, or the person who thinks I should be banned because this is a run on sentence. Because, yes I know you should never start a sentence with because, this is the disclaimer that it is intended to offend everyone........yep , I told you to stop reading, so shame on you.

Not Bad! It only took you 9 weeks to snap a totally useless pic. Apparently this leak is not bothering you that much, but then again maybe your wife died / divorced / or something similar and you have been too busy for which I am truly sorry. Otherwise If you are going to be so vague, expect vague answers and I will have some fun with this post.

Its like me ........hey, I have an oil spot on the floor of my garage.......It seems to only occur when my car is on the lift.....when its in the driveway nothing shows......oh wait.... my lift has a hydraulic oil leak.......

Hey, my brakes are occasionally making a noise.....2 weeks later.....ya when I back out of my garage after the car has been sitting for more than 3 days........2 weeks.....but only after it has rained or after i washed it..........

Patient to Dr. ...... every time I touch a spot on my body it hurts...what is my problem? Dr to Patient.... your finger is broken........go figure. just saying.......ban me so I don't have to painstakingly try to coerce simple information out of someone thinking we can read their minds........oh wait that was my outside voice and apparently I may have offend someone who has no cajones.
The following users liked this post:
aaks38 (02-27-2020)

Quick Reply: Slow oil leak bottom end