Old 02-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 165 Likes on 91 Posts
Default SOFTRONIC IS NOW ON RENNLIST

Hello,
Softronic has after many years joined Rennlist . We have posted in the Vendor sales section in which many may like . Im not sure if you are aware Softronic tunes each file for your car so there is no generic or extra money for a better file. Softronic offers the best files for one price and extras like Race for cat delete, Pops and Bangs and many other items are all included in our standard price . Softronic has been checking the race files for compliance for years and making files for all the top cars in Porsche racing.

Best,
Scott
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:59 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I just wanted everyone to know that the software special is only on until Feb 14 for 20% off and 10% on everything else like exhausts and filters.

We also have the 992 full listing up.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:22 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

Thanks Scott. Welcome!! I'm interested!

Can anyone post some first hand experience with Scott's tune on the 997? I've read great stuff on his turbo tunes, but not sure about tuning an NA car.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:48 PM
crazy997
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

GBX: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ne-review.html

I don't have one myself but I was thinking about it...
Old 02-10-2020, 05:15 PM
Jim Cobb
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
Thanks Scott. Welcome!! I'm interested!

Can anyone post some first hand experience with Scott's tune on the 997? I've read great stuff on his turbo tunes, but not sure about tuning an NA car.
Hey, I have a Cayman GT4, and had read dozens of posts saying software tunes weren’t worth the $$ on NA cars. Let me tell you that Scott’s tune was worth every nickel and more. As you probably know, GT4’s are infamous for their long gearing, but the improved torque down low was immediately apparent, as was improved throttle response across the board. What my butt dyno told me was confirmed when I dropped two seconds off my lap time at Road Atlanta in my first session after the install. As to the install itself, I am far from a techie, but it went off without a hitch. I later installed one on a friend’s 4S, and the process went just as smoothly. Scott was enormously helpful throughout, and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the process or the results. Hope this is helpful.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:48 PM
PierW
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Scott... I've read some of the prior posts. I have a 997.1 C4S MT with Chrono. What is the anticipated gain when you already have Sport mode? Still the generous helpings of additional torque off the line and eye compression above 3K??

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PierW
Scott... I've read some of the prior posts. I have a 997.1 C4S MT with Chrono. What is the anticipated gain when you already have Sport mode? Still the generous helpings of additional torque off the line and eye compression above 3K??

Thanks!

Sport doesnt add any HP yet changes the throttle and PSM thresholds on a MT car. The HP is 355 now and would go to 379 yet most with catless pipes or 200 cell go to 386 or so. The gains are from 3k and up in which helps out the dip thats there and continues up to the redline.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:12 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts

Do you have to use a shop to install the tune, or is it a DIY process?
Old 02-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by voiceprint1
Do you have to use a shop to install the tune, or is it a DIY process?
Hello,
No we send you a cable and a link for the software that allows you to read and write to the car. Softronic was the first company to start this in 2007 and is one factor in how we have stood out from other dealer based tuners.

Best,
Scott
Old 02-10-2020, 08:30 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 294 Posts

Hey Scott, thanks for reaching out. Any isssues with strict smog states like California? Can you still easily pass the obd/dme smog tests? Also, any extra maintenance issues for long term software use, like spark plugs or cats due to leaner fuel conditions?? Thanks!
Old 02-10-2020, 08:32 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts

follow up to what qikqbn said, will this also be ok for CA 91 RON gas? Also is your software Mac friendly or only PC?

Old 02-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by qikqbn
Hey Scott, thanks for reaching out. Any isssues with strict smog states like California? Can you still easily pass the obd/dme smog tests? Also, any extra maintenance issues for long term software use, like spark plugs or cats due to leaner fuel conditions?? Thanks!
We make files that will pass emissions in all states so that is not an issue. There also is no extra wear on cats or plugs as I wouldn't lean a NA car out to that condition. They are actually still considered fat.

Best,
Scott
The following 2 users liked this post by Softronic:
odIII (06-04-2020), Scalp_em (03-23-2021)
Old 02-10-2020, 08:55 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by voiceprint1
follow up to what qikqbn said, will this also be ok for CA 91 RON gas? Also is your software Mac friendly or only PC?
Unfortunately you have to use for all 997 and 987 or 987.2 or 997,2 a PC laptop of Win 7 or higher. You can use a MAC if you have WIN10 or Win7 installed and it boots up as one. This used to be called Bootccamp.... CA 91 RON/MON isnt an issue yet many use 104+ octane boost when the fill up if you want some more power. Many customers keep a bottle in the car and dump it in when filling up so there is no mess. The choice is up to you if you want to use it or not.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:11 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 294 Posts

thanks Scott. One more question... many of us have some intake (Evoms/IPD Competition plenum, GT3 throttle body) or exhaust mods. Do you customize per customer, or is it a one size fits all software program?
Old 02-10-2020, 10:10 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by qikqbn
thanks Scott. One more question... many of us have some intake (Evoms/IPD Competition plenum, GT3 throttle body) or exhaust mods. Do you customize per customer, or is it a one size fits all software program?
That depends as there is no tuning for certain items like exhaust as it will either be more efficient or not in either gaining or loosing HP. What you would tune for is if the cats are deleted or not though. The plenum is also part that in Porsche config is efficient yet in other forms it may not be. To answer your question is yes if is something that can be adjusted for we will.

Best,
Scott

Quick Reply: SOFTRONIC IS NOW ON RENNLIST