Sponsored by:

Looking for Third Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 10:05 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 180 Posts

Manual or PDK / Tip?
I ask because finding a manual 997.2 is not so easy. You'll pay a premium.
The PDK cars are great but if you want a manual that's something to consider.
You could essentially bank the cost delta for a engine rebuild.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:08 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by qikqbn
Thanks, I need that. Damn we derailed KK's thread big time.

Originally Posted by ShaunPerry
What about the aerokit preparations
I can kiss that !@#$ goodbye. The wife told me to stop playing ice hockey too. This sucks...
Old 02-20-2020, 11:27 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,445 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
You're strategy is all wrong - you need to get her one too, not get rid of yours.

They look pretty sweet together
Nice garage space. And even better seeing people loving Christmas so much they hang 4 wreaths in the garage
Wondering what the front door looks like.
The following users liked this post:
qikqbn (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 02:54 PM
ShaunPerry
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Thanks, I need that. Damn we derailed KK's thread big time.

I can kiss that !@#$ goodbye. The wife told me to stop playing ice hockey too. This sucks...
Let me know if you'd like me to take the duck bill off your hands
Old 02-21-2020, 03:29 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,188 Likes on 3,945 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
They look pretty sweet together
Nice garage space. And even better seeing people loving Christmas so much they hang 4 wreaths in the garage
Wondering what the front door looks like.
Ha, that's because we're out of storage space. That's where the Christmas wreathes hang EXCEPT at Christmas.

That's half the garage. The real work happens on the other side.

Bought the lot next door to build a 6 car at some point too

Desmo, this is not good news. Tell her the cars are your mistresses, but if she wants you to get rid of them, you cans find substitute ones, but it's hard to catch stuff from a car
Old 02-21-2020, 03:38 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

[QUOTE=DesmoSD;16434519]Last night, she reminded me again and I couldn't sleep. I'm functioning off of 2 hrs of sleep. The thought crossed my mind.quote)

Seriously, sometimes women are like kids.... You need to put your foot down and seriously tell her off next time she mentions it. Otherwise, seeing that it worked and you got rid of the car, you are doomed my friend... She'll know that she can bug you into anything.

My guess would be that if she is bugging you that much, it's that it has worked before, so she is at it again. You need to put a stop to that or she'll be running your life until you decide out....

Good luck and hope you keep it.

DesmoSD (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 04:43 PM
pascalemod
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 63 Posts

[QUOTE=Steph1;16436180]
Last night, she reminded me again and I couldn't sleep. I'm functioning off of 2 hrs of sleep. The thought crossed my mind.quote)

Seriously, sometimes women are like kids.... You need to put your foot down and seriously tell her off next time she mentions it. Otherwise, seeing that it worked and you got rid of the car, you are doomed my friend... She'll know that she can bug you into anything.

My guess would be that if she is bugging you that much, it's that it has worked before, so she is at it again. You need to put a stop to that or she'll be running your life until you decide out....

It's a funny thing, what the other half says. Mine, when we met and I showed her my MSport 530Xdrive Touring from 2014, see I thought that was cool fast all can do frugal city car. She said "yeah its a car, they all the same". And then sometime later she pointed at a sports car and said "thats a nice car". I mentioned I used to own sports cars in past and she just went "why did you sell it, they are so cool". So I have a 911 now and she is super happy and asks to drive it when its warm, and when I got it she "inherited" the BMW (but another one) and so it is a happy compromise if you call it that. We are planning a road trip in 911 next. Go figure. I think to a woman you gotta explain this is just a hobby, like anything else. It costs you xxx dollars a month (or xxxx) and you just do that because boys need their toys. Obviously dont be starving your kids or anything like that unreasonable, but this 997 thing isnt exactly a lambo, and costs like some well equipped 3 series so ... hardly the WORST decision to buy one.

DesmoSD (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 04:46 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 294 Posts

Yeah.... we have had our fair share of "how to buy or just look at Porsche **** while married to a controlling wife" support group threads. That's way off topic, sorry OP, but I will just say... like women's hormones the controlling issues come and go in phases, but at some point, as long as you are within reason and being financially responsible, you gotta lay down the law and nip those control issues in the bud. Especially if it's your blood, sweat, and tears bringing in all the dough. Find out what she needs to keep her happy and feeling like a priority and then she will probably let some pressure off that vice she has squeezing your nuts. I feel for ya brother! Been there, done that..

I love my wifey, but some of these are too funny, and we have all had our moments

DesmoSD (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 05:18 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Steph1

Originally Posted by pascalemod
It's a funny thing, what the other half says. Mine, when we met and I showed her my MSport 530Xdrive Touring from 2014, see I thought that was cool fast all can do frugal city car. She said "yeah its a car, they all the same". And then sometime later she pointed at a sports car and said "thats a nice car". I mentioned I used to own sports cars in past and she just went "why did you sell it, they are so cool". So I have a 911 now and she is super happy and asks to drive it when its warm, and when I got it she "inherited" the BMW (but another one) and so it is a happy compromise if you call it that. We are planning a road trip in 911 next. Go figure. I think to a woman you gotta explain this is just a hobby, like anything else. It costs you xxx dollars a month (or xxxx) and you just do that because boys need their toys. Obviously dont be starving your kids or anything like that unreasonable, but this 997 thing isnt exactly a lambo, and costs like some well equipped 3 series so ... hardly the WORST decision to buy one.
Originally Posted by qikqbn
Yeah.... we have had our fair share of "how to buy or just look at Porsche **** while married to a controlling wife" support group threads. That's way off topic, sorry OP, but I will just say... like women's hormones the controlling issues come and go in phases, but at some point, as long as you are within reason and being financially responsible, you gotta lay down the law and nip those control issues in the bud. Especially if it's your blood, sweat, and tears bringing in all the dough. Find out what she needs to keep her happy and feeling like a priority and then she will probably let some pressure off that vice she has squeezing your nuts. I feel for ya brother! Been there, done that..

I love my wifey, but some of these are too funny, and we have all had our moments
Yeah, I think I bought some time with the wifey by getting some mint chocolate Thanks fellas for the husband support! My wife used to love sports cars and we'd go to Cars n Coffee, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, Pebble Beach etc. Maybe it's that time of the month.

BTW, I forgot to mention, my wife is Latina and since we are on memes, I laughed at these.

Doug H (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 06:49 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Ha, that's because we're out of storage space. That's where the Christmas wreathes hang EXCEPT at Christmas.

Desmo, this is not good news. Tell her the cars are your mistresses, but if she wants you to get rid of them, you cans find substitute ones, but it's hard to catch stuff from a car
Now that's a man cave for sure. Very Nice.
DesmoSD (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 06:51 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Yeah, I think I bought some time with the wifey by getting some mint chocolate Thanks fellas for the husband support! My wife used to love sports cars and we'd go to Cars n Coffee, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, Pebble Beach etc. Maybe it's that time of the month.

BTW, I forgot to mention, my wife is Latina and since we are on memes, I laughed at these.

Lol, I married a Russian. Those memes can work well for Russian women as well . . .
DesmoSD (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 08:03 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Doug H
Lol, I married a Russian. Those memes can work well for Russian women as well . . .
Also Asian women. Now we know what Al Bundy went through.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:30 AM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

In typical rennlist fashion, a thread turns to utter garbage and nonsense. On the positive side, someone PM'ed me a car close to what I'm looking for.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:50 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Giant Turd KrazyK----->"In typical rennlist fashion, a thread turns to utter garbage and nonsense. On the positive side, someone PM'ed me a car close to what I'm looking for."

KK the only thing that turned to garbage was your DIY 9 page Thread on your 996 $19.99 Walmart IMS repair which you deleted after selling your car to unsuspecting buyer.
Then you disappeared.when the engine grenaded.
People like me don't forget douchebags like you. We couldn't give a crap about what you think - You are a TURD so move on.
Hope you are smart and buy a Honda and stay off RL forums- ***Warning---->I'm going hard on my negative posts next time I see you around this 997 forum.

Bye
Old 02-22-2020, 09:02 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Petza914;16436165]Ha, that's because we're out of storage space. That's where the Christmas wreathes hang EXCEPT at Christmas.

Why is it everyone else has nice big garages??
Mine is a tiny 2 car from Victorian era - I do get to stuff it full w/2 cars sometimes but then there's no room for anything else.
Currently I have 997S and BMW bike in it which allows some room but not nearly adequate

Quick Reply: Looking for Third Porsche