Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate Controls (A/C, Heat, Fans, Defroster....) Stop Working After Battery Charge

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 12:38 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Climate Controls (A/C, Heat, Fans, Defroster....) Stop Working After Battery Charge

I had to charge up the battery a few weeks ago due to not driving the car enough. I actually had to pop the frunk lid by doing the jumper cable trick.

The climate control unit will not work now. Thoughts?
Old 10-20-2020, 08:49 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,212 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Now that the battery is charged, disconnect the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and reconnect it. Don't latch the frunk out of habit.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:58 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Now that the battery is charged, disconnect the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and reconnect it. Don't latch the frunk out of habit.
Thanks Pete I was thinking of doing the same. Another trick would be to disconnect both pos and neg leads and attach them over night for a reset.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:06 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,212 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Thanks Pete I was thinking of doing the same. Another trick would be to disconnect both pos and neg leads and attach them over night for a reset.
Disconnecting one is the same as disconnecting both as it stops the current flow. When I put my car back together recently I had connected the battery before installing the taillights to make sure I didn't have any shorts or arcing behind the alternator from the extension cable I made. Once I put everything back together, my reverse lights didn't work and I got that message on the dash. Removed and reinstalled the taillights with no change. Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and the reverse lights came back and error went away. Pretty sure that will get you back in business.

Quick Reply: Climate Controls (A/C, Heat, Fans, Defroster....) Stop Working After Battery Charge